I Called In Sick Today

yeah, same. I think it was summer 2004, or something. I'm definitely within easy driving distance, and the K isn't so bad, but baseball in general is just such a bad product for smaller markets that don't have crazy-innovative front offices.uneducated baseball opinion warning
Going to a bad baseball game (if the weather is nice and it's a nice ballpark) is better than going to a bad game of any other sport. I think it's kind of relaxing, unlike NBA/NHL where they're constantly blaring ridiculously loud music and oh my god when did I get old?
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Going to a bad baseball game (if the weather is nice and it's a nice ballpark) is better than going to a bad game of any other sport. I think it's kind of relaxing, unlike NBA/NHL where they're constantly blaring ridiculously loud music and oh my god when did I get old?
yeah, you nailed it. the music at NHL games is completely stupid. never been to an NBA or NFL game before.
now i see why ronnny mex hasnt been around much. he's been having a sexy time free-for-all with this lady friend.
We had a fun run for a bit. Pretty standard now. Occasional boob flashes from neighbor couple/friends during drunken hanging out, etc. Drunk large boobed women=fun, at times.
So true. Baseball is so laid back. Enjoy your company, have a few beers, have a chat, watch the game, hear the sounds of baseball. Then again, I always loved baseball. And most of my pro games have been Marlin games. Nice to have the stadium to yourself. Been to Yankes world series game, game 1 in 1996. Great atmosphere as well.
we went to a royals game in 2007, secretly I just wanted to see gordon. he had been demoted to the minors by that point, or it was an injury, or something. either way, it sucked and I'm never going back.
you should go back. the team is on the rise (you heard it here) and after they put 250 million into the stadium it is pretty cool. but seriously they got a lot of young talent now and a bright future. just need a few breaks. look for eric hosmer to hit 50 homeruns in 2017.
I went to a Royals game back when Carlos Beltran was still there.
funny story about beltran and the royals (which i've read on ranyontheroyals but never confirmed for myself, but he is very reliable). anyways, the story comes down to negotiations between the royals and beltran for a big extension to keep him in town. it goes back and forth until they have an agreement. he was ready to sign, but then the royals idiot owner decides to take 1 million dollars off the offer. 1 goddamn million on a plus 100 million contract. this angered beltran and he said he wouldnt sign here. so they traded him for three bums and john buck (an uber bum). i mean if the royals front office hadnt sucked so bad they would have had a jermaine dye, johhny damon, carlos beltran outfield, all in their primes for five plus years. I MEAN YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.
you should go back. the team is on the rise (you heard it here) and after they put 250 million into the stadium it is pretty cool. but seriously they got a lot of young talent now and a bright future. just need a few breaks. look for eric hosmer to hit 50 homeruns in 2017.
you reminded me about that pitcher they took with the #1 a few years back. I remember people being completely aghast. maybe the dodgers are just unreasonable?
Haha.
I am so upset with myself that I left out the "leave" there. stupid goodfornothin iphones.hey has anybody ever mentioned to you guys that baseball sucks? no? oh! well, baseball sucks.and those trucks had to be pulled, right? you could see the cable for the buses, but some of them made it across when it wouldn't have been physically possible for them to have.
mk used to say he was going straight from work to afternoon games. honestly, even for a non-baseball fan, it sounds like a great way to unwind.
Well, unless you have to watch the Cubs. Then, lotsa beers help.
we actually did try to go to a cubs game when I was in chi. I did that trip on $300 and somehow thought dropping money on a ticket might fuck my budget. the scalpers never backed off their prices because it was such a nice day, so we just drank at some bar right outside wrigley.
Yes, how dare we elect a decorated constitutional law scholar to the top of the executive branch!I have no idea what you're trying to get at with this second part. Do you think I post on democraticunderground or am this type of person? I guarantee you I hate those mealy-mouthed, hand-wringing, useless-to-society pussies way more than you.I EAT RISK FOR BREAKFAST, buddy.
The last line slayed me. You are GeckoEffing autocorrect shouldn't exist. It makes careless people's texts indecipherable. Worse than bad spelling. (i had to correct slayed)
we actually did try to go to a cubs game when I was in chi. I did that trip on $300 and somehow thought dropping money on a ticket might fuck my budget. the scalpers never backed off their prices because it was such a nice day, so we just drank at some bar right outside wrigley.
from what I hear, the game is almost secondary and all the pubs around the field are very cool. Who wants a cramped seat? I'll take a stool, a close bathroom and quick drink service every time
Finallywho knew you were that old? Kudos
Lot's of assumptions in the 'ole sicky thread.
i mean if the royals front office hadnt sucked so bad they would have had a jermaine dye, johhny damon, carlos beltran outfield, all in their primes for five plus years. I MEAN YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.
Hey, at least the Royals aren't as good as the A's at drafting and evaluating talent. They've given up enough players to field 2 all star teams, easily, over the last several years. This year alone I'm almost convinced the A's AAA team will be better than the big club.Good to be a Giants fan
So, my cube is the 2nd in a row from a major walkway and my "boss" is in the cube between me and the row and so whenever I'm bs'ing with him it's like a Wilson/Tim Taylor situation where I'm resting my arms on the divider and facing the walkway. This isn't a problem except for when my bro from the cubicle row over goes to the bathroom and on his way back we almost always end up meeting stares, cause were alpha as ****, and then have to do the slight head nod up to acknowledge our bro-ness. And so not only do I look like an idiot to my boss because I randomly just nod now and then while talking to him but I know this dude just got done pissing and so I'm basically saying "hey, hope you had a good piss". I hope no one reads this. Spent to much time typing to not hit submit. I just have a hunch that at least SA21 will understand. I sound like (am) a crazy person. Really bored today.
FYI a couple of those situationsbro: [takes a piss. leaves bathroom]napa: [nod]bro: [nod]were actuallybro: [takes a quick shit. awesome! nothing there to wipe! leaves bathroom]napa: [nod]bro: [nod]I'm not going to speculate on the hand washing
unless you like your team to score runs
At least there's someone to see them not score runs.If the Marlins score 10 runs a game but no one is there to see it, did it really happen?
At least there's someone to see them not score runs.If the Marlins score 10 runs a game but no one is there to see it, did it really happen?
hey, new stadium. there will be fans for at least two years.I went to a couple Royals games. Went on the field during BP and got to enjoy the spread for the press (absurd). The Royals scored 10 runs and we all got free donuts iirc.
agreed

I've never been to an NFL game and I guess I've convinced myself I don't really care to due to ticket prices, inconvenience, beer prices, and HDTV at home, but I do enjoy going to college football games, so I have no idea.

I always take the opportunity to see new boobs of girls, make out with them when drunk. Girlfriend doesn't get phased by it, fortunately.
Now how did this come about? Was it discussed early on? Did she already know you and know that's just how you roll? Does she get to make out with guys when drunk?
I gotcha, you've got a great girlfriend who gives you sex anytime, I gotcha, and she lets you do whatever you want, I gotcha, and to you cold medicine is a blowjob, I gotcha.
Heh.
that wallpaper folder is incredible with windows 7, seriously.
Why would anyone not take that statement seriously?
I went to a Royals game back when Carlos Beltran was still there.
I went to a Cardinals game in St. Louis during the rookie season of some kid with a funny name. We got pretty drunk and spent the game yelling "POOOO HOLE! POOOOO HOOOOLLLLEEEEE!"
I've never been to an NFL game and I guess I've convinced myself I don't really care to due to ticket prices, inconvenience, beer prices, and HDTV at home, but I do enjoy going to college football games, so I have no idea.
I've been to one game, a playoff game when it was -3 degrees out. I prefer watching from home.
i mean, i hate the cubs and i hate wrigley as much as wrigley can be hated but i still take these about 7-8 times per season because they're free and i love baseball:20rsi82.png
Why would anyone not take that statement seriously?
I never realized how nice it was to not ever get tired of a wallpaper until I started using slide show on w7. I show the feature to people and sometimes it's a life-changer. sometimes.

I use the default W7 landscape slideshow backgrounds and it is pretty sweet. I tried to just download that folder to add to it, but it was all "download to picasa" and I was all fuuuuucckk that, don't wanna spend the five minutes it would take to figure it out