I Called In Sick Today

I don't know what you mean.Sure I can buy a nice house here in the craphole that is Detroit for very cheap. The house next to us is a good example. They bought the house for $550K 8 years ago. Now it is up for sale. Has been up for sale for close to 18 months. They are asking now $335K. Still no one is buying. We don't want to stay here. We are still here for 2 reasons. Waiting for Jin and my wife is giving her job one year before she looks elsewhere. The elsewhere is nowhere in the area. We either will look to move to Ann Arbor or out of state. Neither are an option for us now so no need to go spend $40K on a cheap house because we don't want to get stuck in the area waiting 2 years to sell the house and make like $10K. Renting the house gives us the ability to leave when we want to.I know most people who are set with their family, life, have jobs they like. and love the area, think renting is stupid but not every case is the same. If we had any intention of staying here for longer than 3 years then we would have looked at houses to buy but we have no desire to stay in our jobs or remain in this area. But just in case we moved to a very posh neighborhood a stone's throw from one of the best elementary schools in the county just in case we are stuck for a little longer than expected.
My input was misguided. I knew that you guys weren't planning to stay, but I was just taking exception to your implication that buying a house in Detroit would be a bad idea. It's never in history been a better idea to buy a house in Detroit. Unless you're banking on the fact that housing prices will continue to plummet and you are still waiting for the market to bottom out. Hell, from what I hear, you can buy 550 thousand dollar houses for 61 cents on the dollar.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So you're more in the buy high/sell average crowd?
I'm in the buy high/sell eventually crowd.
I'd go with Pooh Bear but you'd probably crush my soul and tell me he isn't real.
Can I interest you in a bearsharktopus?ManBearPig_Was_So_Last_Year_by_xXFixMyBrokenHeartXx.jpg
If you spent $5k on repairs, don't you think you could sell your house for more than $5k? Getting a loan seems like a no-brainer, but maybe we don't have all the information.
Ya this was my thought. Or even take it from unsellable, to sell-able. Or hell, rent-able.Maybe you take out a loan, fix it up. Rent it for more than the loan. Use that money to pay for an apartment. Then you can actually depreciate your home (hahahahahahahah...lol...hahahahaha) on your taxes and get a tax benefit from it.

KoalaShake's hovel would cost $50k to make liveable to the average human. He can't do that. Clearly there is a reason he can't sell, even just to sell the property and condemn the house. If I'm guessing, parents still own it. So, he's stuck. My suggestion, you like camping so much, boom, fancy tent and a big safe. Or, buy/rent a double wide and put it on the property. Oh wait, that doesn't solve the "want to live close to civilization" thing. Lemme try againROOMMATE (and a storage facility)

So Ocho is A pole smoking homo who hates big boobs and bisexuals? Or Ouch8's. Or Suitedup? He's posting in here now? Is he still with the girl that has the huge cans?Can I get a roster here?

someone said below 50 sounded low for an adviser. for a guy that age who has been doing it as long as he has, it absolutely is. for a position that he claimed would take four years for me to get, I almost laughed in his face.we looked at his computer today. he was reporting some problems with a PDF. we were doing it remotely, so he could see what we were doing to his computer. my boss went into control panel to delete all the games he'd downloaded and "free hearts" (the card game) said "used: frequently." I almost lost it. after removing random app #20, the IT admin said to him, "looks like someone let a child use this computer" knowing full well from the permissions that it had been our investments guy installing this shit.

marsupial, not a bear!edit: also, its uncouth to post a roster. you're supposed to figure it out on your own.
Who's got time for that? I look in the back of the book for the answersAnd damn you, it's called a koala bear, ergo, it works for me. I don't need your damn fancy shmancy book learning technicalities
someone said below 50 sounded low for an adviser. for a guy that age who has been doing it as long as he has, it absolutely is. for a position that he claimed would take four years for me to get, I almost laughed in his face.we looked at his computer today. he was reporting some problems with a PDF. we were doing it remotely, so he could see what we were doing to his computer. my boss went into control panel to delete all the games he'd downloaded and "free hearts" (the card game) said "used: frequently." I almost lost it. after removing random app #20, the IT admin said to him, "looks like someone let a child use this computer" knowing full well from the permissions that it had been our investments guy installing this shit.
Someone??? AhemGround floor on this alter. Woohoo

yeah I decided it might be prudent to switch accounts for those types of postsI just fucking loved how the IT guy really twisted the knife. for most people, he can't even say, "hey, this is a security risk, you need to stop" because they have rank on him, so he gets his kicks in with everyone else.

Someone??? AhemGround floor on this alter. Woohoo
It's almost certainly Strat, since he was complaining about it before.Normally I would agree with VB, but it's too important to keep you happy.So the first one you mentioned is correct.DJ has amazing search skills. (ahem.)SuitedAces posts here but not SuitedUpOuch8's is JLLQuack is RhinestoneI think you know everyone else.

like, seriously, the other day, the bank president's computer basically stopped working because he installed some coupon software. it hijacked his hosts file to redirect every common URL to some shady IP address. basically, he has access to everything on the bank's networks, meaning some remote attacker could have stolen a ton of customer information. YOU MAKE LIKE $300K. WHY DO YOU NEED COUPONS?I have a lot of respect for my boss. I know I would be the most bitter, angry person ever in his spot.edit - yes I'm not out to keep this a secret, I could just see this screwing me over someday for reasons I'm not gonna divulge

It's almost certainly Strat, since he was complaining about it before.Normally I would agree with VB, but it's too important to keep you happy.So the first one you mentioned is correct.DJ has amazing search skills. (ahem.)SuitedAces posts here but not SuitedUpOuch8's is JLLQuack is RhinestoneI think you know everyone else.
You forgot:Napa Lite is Napa Don.iZuma is ShakeZuma.
You forgot:Napa Lite is Napa Don.iZuma is ShakeZuma.
This can't be right. Thanks brvy, I had those. I'm better than I remember. I'm Denny Crane. What else?? Ok, I got nothing. And I don't know why morons surf the web and download shit while at work. Who would do that? I mean, I never posted from a bank, all day every day but downloading? Computer morons most likely.
And I don't know why morons surf the web and download shit while at work. Who would do that? I mean, I never posted from a bank, all day every day but downloading? Computer morons most likely.
I definitely browse all day long as a teller. I stay the fuck away from FCP or reddit because I know everything is logged, but I was constantly checking blogs (krugman, cowen, soros, gross) and news sites (bloomberg, wsj, ft). I feel like if anyone ever tried to call me on that, I'd just tell them straight-up, you WISH all your employees were as problem-free AND motivated to learn more about finance and economics.as I said a while ago, one of the officers of my bank doesn't understand the impact inflation has on CD rates, actually believes high = good times!, low = bad times :(.
I definitely browse all day long as a teller. I stay the fuck away from FCP or reddit because I know everything is logged, but I was constantly checking blogs (krugman, cowen, soros, gross) and news sites (bloomberg, wsj, ft). I feel like if anyone ever tried to call me on that, I'd just tell them straight-up, you WISH all your employees were as problem-free AND motivated to learn more about finance and economics.as I said a while ago, one of the officers of my bank doesn't understand the impact inflation has on CD rates, actually believes high = good times!, low = bad times :club:.
Yeah, I used to surf yahoo and msn, etc under the guise of learning, news, but mosTly it was sports. And as someone who had to listen to old ****s rave about their 14% CDs in 1980 and how great that was, and when O'd point out that mortgages were the same, which wasn't good, they'd simply respond with " Who cares, I had my house already." presumably from a super low GI Bill loan. People only care about what suits them. Everyone wants manufacturing in America but not if they have to pay $30 for a toy or tshirt.

I forgot how to bypass swear filter and it's a pain on iPad anyway. Off topic and taboo, but I really loathe the loud, vitriol spewing right. Got caught up in a FB thing today about Obama not putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem. What's wrong with these people. I watch John Stewart every night and it slays me, but more importantly, why doesn't the left simply use his materialz.the way he obliterated Newt the other day with Newts own words and actions. Why doesn't all of these weasel politicians destroy this guy, and Santorum? Baffling

Should I not be paying $30 for a t-shirt?I'm not going to talk about politics in here.If you don't know how to bypass the swear filter, how do you know it's a pain?I'm not going to talk about politics in here.