Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I like cherry coke.Also, Mt. Dew, and "Real Sugar" Mt. Dew. Didn't notice a big difference.I'm currently enjoying a Diet Sierra Mist cranberry splash.
I never tried the real sugar version of MD. the real sugar Dr. Pepper, "heritage," was better by leaps and bounds.I like vanilla coke but never buy it. settled on coke zero not too long ago, don't really miss the original anymore. I still yearn for pepsi throwback, and speaking of which, BRB....
How convenient.
Does taco bell serve pepsi? I can't remember. I don't get fountain drinks very much, I usually stop and grab a 20 ounce before or after I pick up food.Edit: I guess they do. Good choice for them, it works well.
Glass-bottle-cane-sugar >>>>>>>>> Fountain, properly mixed >>> Can > 2 liter plastic bottle > small plastic bottle
mcdonalds coke - coke - pepsi sugar - diet pepsi - pepsi - diet coke
I love you guys. Tell me you like your toilet paper the right way on the roll and we can really get something started.
How convenient.
I laughed at this.
I never tried the real sugar version of MD. the real sugar Dr. Pepper, "heritage," was better by leaps and bounds.
Canada has a stupid law that only soft drinks that are dark brown (ala Coke) may be caffeinated, so I've never even had 'real' Mountain Dew.

and, you know, it's even dumber that these places have piss-poor soft drinks because in the majority of cases the drinks represent a huge portion of their profit. you can almost think of the whole fast food industry as a bunch of people vying to sell you the same overpriced sugar water.

Dyed-In-The-Wool Coke guy, strongly believe that Pepsi drinkers have lower IQs than anyone short of Mountain Dew or Grape Soda drinkers, tried that shit and the difference is big. It's pretty good. "Real sugar", I guess.
Does this apply to drinkers of Diet Mountain Dew? Even if I exclude myself (important note: I drink a minimum of two liters of Diet Mountain Dew every day) (less important note: I have probably purchased fewer than fifteen 2 Liters of Diet Mountain Dew in the past decade), I've found the population of Diet Dew drinkers has a significantly higher IQ than the population that swears its allegiance to any other mainstream soda-brand. I'd have to think more about it -- and I will, obsessively, for the next 3 months -- but my instinct is that people who drink a lot of regular Mountain Dew are at least twice as likely to have an IQ below the median than the general population.
Is there anyone alive that would have been more likely to have a strong opinion, and a story to go along with it, regarding soft drinks?
Ask me again in 3 months.
a goal is only over if you give up or if it comes true.
That's the gayest shit I ever heard.
How convenient.
Fuuuuck, I was already writing my response in my head when I read Briand's post, and I had a whole plan, and I was really excited about it, and it was going to keep me occupied for at least 15 minutes, and now... Fuuuuuuck. Not only did you beat me to it, but I have to live with the realization that "how convenient" is markedly better than what I had sketched out. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Does this apply to drinkers of Diet Mountain Dew? Even if I exclude myself (important note: I drink a minimum of two liters of Diet Mountain Dew every day) (less important note: I have probably purchased fewer than fifteen 2 Liters of Diet Mountain Dew in the past decade), I've found the population of Diet Dew drinkers has a significantly higher IQ than the population that swears its allegiance to any other mainstream soda-brand. I'd have to think more about it -- and I will, obsessively, for the next 3 months -- but my instinct is that people who drink a lot of regular Mountain Dew are at least twice as likely to have an IQ below the median than the general population. Ask me again in 3 months. That's the gayest shit I ever heard.Fuuuuck, I was already writing my response in my head when I read Briand's post, and I had a whole plan, and I was really excited about it, and it was going to keep me occupied for at least 15 minutes, and now... Fuuuuuuck. Not only did you beat me to it, but I have to live with the realization that "how convenient" is markedly better than what I had sketched out. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
I saw that this thread had a new post in it, saw that tim was the last poster and so I just assumed this was his post when I started reading it. It was very discombobulating, especially when I got to the fuuuuuuck's. Once I realized my error I had to read the post again, which shed new light on the whole obsessing on regular Mountain Dew versus Diet Mountain Dew. By the way, if I had to associate myself with one particular soda, it would be regular Mountain Dew.
Does this apply to drinkers of Diet Mountain Dew? Even if I exclude myself (important note: I drink a minimum of two liters of Diet Mountain Dew every day) (less important note: I have probably purchased fewer than fifteen 2 Liters of Diet Mountain Dew in the past decade), I've found the population of Diet Dew drinkers has a significantly higher IQ than the population that swears its allegiance to any other mainstream soda-brand. I'd have to think more about it -- and I will, obsessively, for the next 3 months -- but my instinct is that people who drink a lot of regular Mountain Dew are at least twice as likely to have an IQ below the median than the general population.
Well, Deb drinks diet dew so your theory must be true.
QUOTE (Roll the Bones @ Wednesday, December 8th, 2010, 11:01 AM) a goal is only over if you give up or if it comes true.That's the gayest shit I ever heard.
Well, see when you become a parent you can't help yourself from saying these inane comments. YOU'LL SEE!

Now we're in my territory! All of the real sugar sodas are markedly better than their high-fructose counterparts. No diet shit for me, ever. I know a lot of people say they can't drink the regular stuff because it's too sweet, but that in no way makes up for the disgusting aftertaste every time you take a sip of diet, or the presence of aspartame. Maybe the Splenda-sweetened drinks are better.You can get Mexican Coke in the Mexican foods section of even a Kroger in Staunton, Virginia, so it's got to be pretty available anywhere, but it is a lot more expensive, and even though I know it's better I can't bring myself to buy it for the quantities I drink. I should move to Canada.I loved all three throwbacks -- Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, and Mt. Dew. They're all gone now from Florida, and I look every time I go shopping in hopes of finding the one random case in the back.Ranking:Sugar-formula Coke (available in pretty much every civilized country, since they've all determined that high-fructose corn syrup is not fit for human consumption)Dr. Pepper Anniversary FormulaBaja Blast Mt. Dew flavor, only available at Taco Bell (I want one of those right now)Pepsi ThrowbackMt. Dew Throwback (they should have called it "Old-Timey," since they went with the original hillbilly label)CokeDr. PepperMt. DewPepsiRC Cola, which in a real pinch is a surprisingly acceptable alternative to Cokethe flavored Cokes -- vanilla, cherry, etc.off-brand crapI'd drink water over the last two.

I was serious, you can get a good indication of where to find throwback here:http://pepsiproductfacts.com/storelocator/index600.htmllooks like food lion carries it in staunton, va. I had no success with it this morning so maybe it'll fail for you, too.according to the case study I had to read, they moved to HFCS solely for cost reasons. dump the needless corn subsidy and real sugar will be back.

I don't drink much soda. Treat's for me as a kid were1. Orange Crush in a bottle from the Ice Cream shop in town2. Dr. Pepper3. RC Cola4. IBC Root BeerI would probably say Dr. Pepper is the soda I like the most.

we're calling, "tried that shit" a story now?anyway the order is....mcdonalds coke - coke - pepsi sugar - diet pepsi - pepsi - diet cokeI'm never had coke zerowait waitmcdonalds coke - coke - pepsi sugar - coke blak - diet pepsi - pepsi - diet coke
I have a friend who SWEARS that McDonald's laces their Coke with something to make it way better than normal.
I have a friend who SWEARS that McDonald's laces their Coke with something to make it way better than normal.
My guess is either: a little extra syrup, or perhaps just the correct amount of syrup. The latter assumes that most places skimp on that shit, since carbonated water is practically free and Coke syrup is...not.
How convenient.
At this point it just looks like I'm repeating, but I had this quoted immediately, because it was excellent.My favorite POP is Sunkist.

What is so convenient about it? I don't generally purchase drinks from the place I order the food. Why? Simple, I find fountain drinks to be usually flat or too syrupy compared to the bottled product. To avoid having that issue I buy food and then stop at the 7/11 and get a Coke or Pepsi (or water or Gatorade) depending on either my mood or what I think goes well with the food I am eating. Or I drink whatever I have at home.

Taco Bell is owned by Pepsi, so only Pepsi products get sold there and McDonald's has a partnership with Coke. So unless you took your food to go, and went somewhere else to buy a soda, you would never have had Taco Bell/Coke McD's/Pepsi.

What is so convenient about it? I don't generally purchase drinks from the place I order the food. Why? Simple, I find fountain drinks to be usually flat or too syrupy compared to the bottled product. To avoid having that issue I buy food and then stop at the 7/11 and get a Coke or Pepsi (or water or Gatorade) depending on either my mood or what I think goes well with the food I am eating. Or I drink whatever I have at home.
Pepsi owns Taco Bell, so every Taco Bell in the country only has Pepsi products.Pepsi shunned McDonald's request to provide free fountain machines back in the 50's, and Coke didn't. McDonald's swore that they would only carry Coke from then on.It's convenient, because there are no other options at those particular restaurants, anywhere in the country.EDIT: ****ing mexican.