I Called In Sick Today

Trust me, I agree on the first part. And for the second part, that is the important question, isn't it? If I had an answer to it, I wouldn't have come to you guys.
Serious question: How often do swimmers shave their whole body?
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So last night didn't go quite as expected. I went to my friend's house, had a few beers and watched the end of the LSU game which was pretty damn cool. I call up girl from Thursday at around 12, get to her apartment at like 12:20. She had a ton of her friends there, and I didn't know anybody there. I tried to talk to her as much as I could, but she spent most of the time talking to her friends. At one point, she closed the door to her room to talk to one of her friends for like 20 minutes, didn't invite me in or anything. At 1:45, I basically went up to her, said I was gonna head home, we said goodbyes and I left. I talked to her friend today and she said that girl I'm interested in was in a shitty mood, if that was the case I kinda wish she would've just said she didn't want me to head over.I feel like I can salvage something out of the situation if I can talk to her, I just don't know if I should just call her out of the blue, or wait til next weekend and try to go out to a party with her.

I feel like I can salvage something out of the situation if I can talk to her, I just don't know if I should just call her out of the blue, or wait til next weekend and try to go out to a party with her.
Judging by last night's experience, I'd say that it might be your best bet to just back off and try to hook up with her the next time you happen to see her out and about.
Watch out, loogie. You're not the only one around here with famous friends. Shakey plays cops and robbers with DJ Qualls!
I'm now 72% certain that Shannon Sharpe eats a jar of peanut butter during every commercial break.
These 2 posts in succession were well done.Nice call on DJ Qualls.
So last night didn't go quite as expected. I went to my friend's house, had a few beers and watched the end of the LSU game which was pretty damn cool. I call up girl from Thursday at around 12, get to her apartment at like 12:20. She had a ton of her friends there, and I didn't know anybody there. I tried to talk to her as much as I could, but she spent most of the time talking to her friends. At one point, she closed the door to her room to talk to one of her friends for like 20 minutes, didn't invite me in or anything. At 1:45, I basically went up to her, said I was gonna head home, we said goodbyes and I left. I talked to her friend today and she said that girl I'm interested in was in a shitty mood, if that was the case I kinda wish she would've just said she didn't want me to head over.I feel like I can salvage something out of the situation if I can talk to her, I just don't know if I should just call her out of the blue, or wait til next weekend and try to go out to a party with her.
Dont let this discourage you. They are a fickle bunch the ladies so don't sweat this, I would not put the heat on and next time you see her dont let her think that she can get away with that sort of thing because if you do MDG status will soon follow. You don't have to call her a **** or anything but subtley say something in a joking way and if she responds with apologies you will be that much closer to poking her wolverine.
Judging by last night's experience, I'd say that it might be your best bet to just back off and try to hook up with her the next time you happen to see her out and about.
Yeah, that's probably the play. She kept giving me flirty looks throughout the night, it just seemed like she was a little shy and embarassed because all her friends were there. I don't know, I'll back off for a while, but if she wants to contact me I'll roll with it.
Serious question: How often do swimmers shave their whole body?
It depends. If you swim year round, you probably do it two times or so (big winter and summer meets), with adjustments made for other high quality meets you go to. The largest number for anyone I know for shaving in one calendar year was 5-summer nats, us open, spring sectionals, spring nats, and olympic trials were the meets, but they were trying forever to get their OT cut, so they kept making runs at big meets in order to try to get the time. I think I shaved 3 times one year, but for probably 5-6 years I was basically twice per year.

Hola amigos.Bizzle, sounds to me like you should try to find a coaching gig somewhere else. If all you friends are on your team, you are going to end up hanging out with them. If that's going to be a probelm, you have to ditch the team or you friends. I'd go with friends, there has to be more coaching opportunities.

Watch out, loogie. You're not the only one around here with famous friends. Shakey plays cops and robbers with DJ Qualls!
heyooooooooo!
I'm now 72% certain that Shannon Sharpe eats a jar of peanut butter during every commercial break.
100% agree. I can't get enough of him, it's hilarious.
It depends. If you swim year round, you probably do it two times or so (big winter and summer meets), with adjustments made for other high quality meets you go to. The largest number for anyone I know for shaving in one calendar year was 5-summer nats, us open, spring sectionals, spring nats, and olympic trials were the meets, but they were trying forever to get their OT cut, so they kept making runs at big meets in order to try to get the time. I think I shaved 3 times one year, but for probably 5-6 years I was basically twice per year.
go on ...
100% agree. I can't get enough of him, it's hilarious.
I started cracking up when he was animatedly mumbling something about Steak & Shake, and the other guys had no clue what he was talking about.Go get some In & Out burger for me. 3x3 and a vanilla shake should hit the spot.
TYFGINE LIVES!!!!!!!!
What's up Zim,Having problems trying to understand what a girl is thinking? Welcome to the club.
I started cracking up when he was animatedly mumbling something about Steak & Shake, and the other guys had no clue what he was talking about.Go get some In & Out burger for me. 3x3 and a vanilla shake should hit the spot.
I had a double-double combo for lunch on thursday. so delicious. i'm not sure the shake would ship well.
I had a double-double combo for lunch on thursday. so delicious. i'm not sure the shake would ship well.
I meant that you should go eat it for me, but shipping works even better. The shake will be fine...just grab a Mexican at Home Depot and ship him along with the food in a container large enough to fit a refrigerator for the burger/fries and a freezer for the shake, which the Mexican will stir every siete minutes.
What's up Zim,Having problems trying to understand what a girl is thinking? Welcome to the club.I had a double-double combo for lunch on thursday. so delicious. i'm not sure the shake would ship well.
Yup, it's kind of a weird spot I'm in, because I never thought I'd find a cute girl that was even more socially awkward than I am.In N Out Burger sounds amazing right now, I might have to make a trip to California just to get some.
I meant that you should go eat it for me, but shipping works even better. The shake will be fine...just grab a Mexican at Home Depot and ship him along with the food in a container large enough to fit a refrigerator for the burger/fries and a freezer for the shake, which the Mexican will stir every siete minutes.
I like you.

I wonder why she was in a shitty mood? Sounds like trouble if she couldn't get over, or at least try to, when you got there. If she didn't have a problem showing some frustrations to you at this point I would move on. If you run into her again, act like you don't care. That should do the trick.

I believe that random-ass response was to my lady issues. I'm just not gonna worry about it for a while, I'm sure it'll work itself out. Yeah, that's the way, put no effort into this at all.

I believe that random-ass response was to my lady issues. I'm just not gonna worry about it for a while, I'm sure it'll work itself out. Yeah, that's the way, put no effort into this at all.
Believe it or not, no work will probably do more than badgering her.