I Called In Sick Today

For everyone that missed it, I'll be gone Thurs and Fri, so someone take notes for my return on Monday.
Boobs, Sports, Beer. Consider yourself caught up.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Luckily, the Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals, and Detroit Lions exist to prevent this from ever happening.
Don't forget the Texans.Texans2-14LonghornsI am instantly convinced the Texans will have the 1st pick next year and will screw that one up as well.:can't believe I am a Texans fan face:
I guess I can understand some of the logic for not drafting Reggie Bush, but it was still a bonehead move, at least trade the pick.
I think they just really wanted Williams and knew New Orleans would take him if they didn't. Why they think Williams will help more than a franchise running back is beyond me, especially with all the other solid defensive ends available.
I guess I can understand some of the logic for not drafting Reggie Bush, but it was still a bonehead move, at least trade the pick.
Exactly, they could have traded down and still be able to get Williams. The GM there is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I think they just really wanted Williams and knew New Orleans would take him if they didn't. Why they think Williams will help more than a franchise running back is beyond me, especially with all the other solid defensive ends available.
dominant DE + avg RB > avg DE + dominant RB (in terms of making the playoffs)Hi. I'm having another shitty day. I think I need a vacation. It's gotten bad enough that I just e-yelled at my g/f for sending a few links that annoyed me.

I'll throw hockey out there as a sport that's pretty lucky. You can dominate a team, hit 4 posts, and the other team wins 1-0. Just ask Gordon Bombay, "A quarter of an inch Charlie, just a quarter of an inch."

dominant DE + avg RB > avg DE + dominant RB (in terms of making the playoffs)Hi. I'm having another shitty day. I think I need a vacation. It's gotten bad enough that I just e-yelled at my g/f for sending a few links that annoyed me.
First of all, I don't really agree with the above statement, but I'll let it slide for the sake of argument. That said, Reggie Bush isn't just a running back. He's multi-faceted than a mother fucker.
First of all, I don't really agree with the above statement, but I'll let it slide for the sake of argument. That said, Reggie Bush isn't just a running back. He's multi-faceted than a mother fucker.
I don't really agree with it either. I'm just in a bad mood so I wanted to get in an argument.youwin.gifThe real reason why it was such a mistake not to draft Bush is because he's a proven winner. Forget how fast and strong he was at the combine...the guy makes people miss and can put a team on his shoulders.
I'll throw hockey out there as a sport that's pretty lucky. You can dominate a team, hit 4 posts, and the other team wins 1-0. Just ask Gordon Bombay, "A quarter of an inch Charlie, just a quarter of an inch."
Anyone that quotes Gordon Bombay should end every hockey argument ever."I hate kids...they're barely human."
Or more closer to e-home, just ask Habs Fan about luck in hockey. That game winner last night was semi-lucky for Carolina.
I think the impact that running backs have on a game is overrated, especially next to the impact a good offensive line has. But Reggie Bush is one of those once in a generation players that really can change games.
I would be "Luv2Shop" because I do!
***** Hand History for Game 4090619132 *****$3/$6 Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, April 25, 17:15:47 ET 2006Table School Bus (Real Money)Seat 9 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10Seat 2: MajorTom ( $33 )Seat 3: jblinville ( $51 )Seat 4: Matt_D23 ( $99 )Seat 5: melba78006 ( $275.50 )Seat 10: B_E_L_L_A ( $122.50 )Seat 9: luvs_2_shop ( $102 )Seat 1: D1W1G ( $141.50 )Seat 6: vaedegun ( $150 )Seat 7: Mustajarvi ( $150 )Seat 8: outamypot54 ( $0 )B_E_L_L_A posts small blind [$1].D1W1G posts big blind [$3].melba78006 posts big blind + dead [$4].outamypot54 has joined the table.outamypot54 posts big blind [$3].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to luvs_2_shop [ Kd Ks ]MajorTom folds.jblinville calls [$3].melba78006 checks.outamypot54 checks.luvs_2_shop raises [$6].B_E_L_L_A calls [$5].D1W1G calls [$3].jblinville calls [$3].melba78006 folds.outamypot54 calls [$3].** Dealing Flop ** [ 3s, Kh, 2s ]B_E_L_L_A checks.D1W1G checks.jblinville checks.outamypot54 checks.luvs_2_shop bets [$3].B_E_L_L_A calls [$3].D1W1G folds.jblinville calls [$3].outamypot54 calls [$3].** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]B_E_L_L_A checks.jblinville checks.outamypot54 checks.luvs_2_shop bets [$6].B_E_L_L_A calls [$6].jblinville folds.outamypot54 calls [$6].** Dealing River ** [ 2d ]B_E_L_L_A checks.outamypot54 checks.luvs_2_shop bets [$6].B_E_L_L_A raises [$12].outamypot54 folds.luvs_2_shop raises [$12].B_E_L_L_A calls [$6].luvs_2_shop shows [ Kd, Ks ] a full house, Kings full of twos.B_E_L_L_A doesn't show [ As, 7s ] a flush, ace high.luvs_2_shop wins $97 from the main pot with a full house, Kings full of twos.Yep, it's been a lucky username for me so far.
***** Hand History for Game 4090619132 *****$3/$6 Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, April 25, 17:15:47 ET 2006Table School Bus (Real Money)
Nice. How long have you been using that?
I don't really agree with it either. I'm just in a bad mood so I wanted to get in an argument.The real reason why it was such a mistake not to draft Bush is because he's a proven winner. Forget how fast and strong he was at the combine...the guy makes people miss and can put a team on his shoulders.
Exactly. He has the ability to transform an entire offense. Because he threatens a defense in so many different ways it opens up possibilities around him and makes the whole offense more effective.
I think the impact that running backs have on a game is overrated, especially next to the impact a good offensive line has. But Reggie Bush is one of those once in a generation players that really can change games.
QFT
Nice. How long have you been using that?
Only about two weeks or so. I asked a friend what I should change my name to on Party. He likes to call me a homo and this was yet another subtle way of doing so.
Or more closer to e-home, just ask Habs Fan about luck in hockey. That game winner last night was semi-lucky for Carolina.
I'm paraphrasing, but Jesse May said something about mastering the skill in poker not being the hard part, mastering the luck is key. If Rivet doesn't put his stick in front of a 55 foot shot from a bad angle, there's almost 0 chance of that puck going in. Why take the risk of some weird deflection happening? Just let Huet eat that easy shot.
I'm paraphrasing, but Jesse May said something about mastering the skill in poker not being the hard part, mastering the luck is key. If Rivet doesn't put his stick in front of a 55 foot shot from a bad angle, there's almost 0 chance of that puck going in. Why take the risk of some weird deflection happening? Just let Huet eat that easy shot.
That's such ridiculously subtle taunting. I love it.I'm out fuckeringers.
Only about two weeks or so. I asked a friend what I should change my name to on Party. He likes to call me a homo and this was yet another subtle way of doing so.
Is it just a weird coincidence or are you Turd's Gurl?
That's such ridiculously subtle taunting. I love it.I'm out fuckeringers.
I'm pretty sure bizzle quoted the wrong post. LOLAnd yeah, it really was a weird coincidence. Bizzle showed me and I couldn't believe it.
I am still cracking up at some school yelling Go torres! Was the mascot a guy dressed as a tree?
Yep.
Reggie Bush isn't just a running back. He's multi-faceted than a mother fucker.
QFT
So what reasons other than luck went into the hit?
I guess I just see it as being about changeable circumstances whereas luck is out of your control.For instance, had said batter been 1 degree higher or lower on the ball when striking it, the trajectory and, therefore, outcome of the action would have been different.
Hey, I'm not denying the fact that tennis is an incredibly hard sport, and incredibly challenging. If you have seen me play, you would agree with both of those statements.I am just saying that Federer can, and will, lose occasionally. I think he had an 81-4 record last year, which means that even still, he lost in that year 4 more times than Michael Phelps has lost in the 200 IM since 2003.
It's apples and oranges. It's like saying who is more dominant, Tiger Woods or Roger Federer? The 2 sports are so different it is impossible to make a provable argument either way.
out of all those you targeted mine? The Glasgow Scotty Dogs!pic_9.jpg(thats so my high school too)
I really thought there was an alternate explanation for the name. That is awesome.
I guess I just see it as being about changeable circumstances whereas luck is out of your control.For instance, had said batter been 1 degree higher or lower on the ball when striking it, the trajectory and, therefore, outcome of the action would have been different.
You guys realize that this whole luck argument is all just about semantics right?
You seem to be implying that luck doesn't really play a role in tennis. So say I am on my second serve in the 5th set, tied 4-4 and your advatange, and I hit the ball one centimeter too low and double fault and lose the game, and you hold serve to win the match. Whereas I could have hit the ball one centimeter higher, got a let out of it, ended up coming back and winning the game and the match. The difference between these two occurances is performance, not luck? If so, your view of performance is very finely tuned.
Absolutely the difference between those 2 occurances is performace. Had you performed differently (ie, struck the ball differently) the outcome would be different. Obviously that's boiling down many many factors into only 1 deciding factor which is not realistic either but it's definitely not luck.
You guys realize that this whole luck argument is all just about semantics right?
This is true. That's why I said we'd have to define luck.Sorry if this is a dead issue. I'm reading and responding in order from where I left off this afternoon.