Most Overrated Movie Of All Time?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that the first teenage mutant ninja turtles was an underrated movie. they pretty much made the best possible movie that they could out of the ninja turtle concept, and i think that is important when validating its greatness

i think that the first teenage mutant ninja turtles was an underrated movie. they pretty much made the best possible movie that they could out of the ninja turtle concept, and i think that is important when validating its greatness
I don't know what to do with this information.
Way off, the most underrated movie of all times was Starship Troopersthe sequal sucked though
i agree...i was blown away...flew under the radar though...didnt see the second one but heard it was awful.
I hate Saw 2. I hate the idea about it, I hate the fact that they need to make it into my generation's halloween, I hate everything about the saw series. I just wish it would die.
i couldnt disagree with you more..i love everything about SAW, the concept, the traps, the endings were crazy. i espically cant wait until SAW 3 this october, hmm what kind of tourture devices will they think of next :club:
Ok how about the most UNDERRATED movie of all time.....OUTSIDE PROVIDENCE
I really enjoyed Galaxy Quest and thought it was hilarious which is surprising considering I am neither a Trekkie nor a Tim Allen fan.
I don't know what to do with this information.
hahahahahahahaKtiger, your post made me laugh. Not in a mocking way....great post.
The only people who like Tombstone are ones who haven't seen any good Westerns.
agreed.and Chrozzo, you should be banned from the forums for even considering to post the blasphemy directly above me.
Most overrated?Anyone suggest TOP GUN yet?I challenge anyone to sit all the way through it today.
i like it, but yeah it wasnt spectacular or anything. i think it gets a lot of hype because it was one of Cruise's first major hits
Or, in some cases, push you away from Napoleon, away from Pedro, and right to the video store to return the damn thing. The only truly funny points were Deidrich Bader and Napoleon's brother, and that wasn't enough to make it watchable. Maybe it's just me, but Napoleon the character has absolutely no redeeming qualities, and everyone else is just kind of there, with nothing to really do.That being said, if it wasn't so hyped up it might have been a decent, quirky little flick. Instead, it had the MTV marketing machine trying to pass it off as the Next Big Thing, which it couldn't pull off.
I have taught high school for four years, and there was NO movie in that time, nothing even close, that had a bigger "cultural" impact than that movie -- people wearing T-shirts, quoting it, it was just everywhere. It was slow starting, and really didnt hit until it came out on DVD, but huge overall. MTV did its job.And I think its an excellent movie, by the way.Most overrated -- Blazing Saddles. A funny movie with some classic parts, but lots of dumb ones too. Its good but not at all the all time classic some make it out to be.
Most overrated?Anyone suggest TOP GUN yet?I challenge anyone to sit all the way through it today.
Top Gun is a classic. Tom Cruise at his most charming/cockiest, Anthony Edwards with some great support, and Kelly McGIllis looking quite good. Throw in Val Kilmer being Val Kilmer, and you've got a great movie.
I have taught high school for four years, and there was NO movie in that time, nothing even close, that had a bigger "cultural" impact than that movie -- people wearing T-shirts, quoting it, it was just everywhere. It was slow starting, and really didnt hit until it came out on DVD, but huge overall. MTV did its job.And I think its an excellent movie, by the way.Most overrated -- Blazing Saddles. A funny movie with some classic parts, but lots of dumb ones too. Its good but not at all the all time classic some make it out to be.
Let me revise my statement. MTV did it's job and helped make Napoleon Dynamite a scuccess. As a flim, howver, it falls flat. The character of Napoleon is unfunny, annoying, and flat out unlikeable. He's also the most well develpoed character in the movie, which isn't saying much. To be honest, I was rooting for that damn llama to eat him.Blazing Saddles, on the other hand, is Mel Brooks at his finest. Blazing Saddles is full of classic moments and lines. Seeing as that movie has stood the test of time for 32 years now. I don't see Napoleon Dynatime doing the same.