House Bill H.r. 4777

With representative Bob Goodlatte from Virginia introducing HR 4777 to ban online gaming (including poker) I was looking for an organization to join that will be lobbying against that bill. If you are interested: http://www.pokerplayersalliance.org is advertising and lobbying against this bill. Membership fees that go toward fighting this bill and legalizing poker are very reasonable. Also, take it upon yourself to send an email to your congressman or representative.Check out the website when you get a chance.

I understand the theory of legislation follows money, but the US Government is getting none of this money because they won't regulate and tax the industry. Also, this bill has 105 cosponsors!! The bill is getting a lot of support.(not just from ShakeZuma)

I understand the theory of legislation follows money, but the US Government is getting none of this money because they won't regulate and tax the industry. Also, this bill has 105 cosponsors!! The bill is getting a lot of support. (not just from ShakeZuma)
but I'm the main reason for the supportcongress loves Master Shake
I understand the theory of legislation follows money, but the US Government is getting none of this money because they won't regulate and tax the industry. Also, this bill has 105 cosponsors!! The bill is getting a lot of support.(not just from ShakeZuma)
Just because the government isn't getting any of the money doesn't mean legislators won't be *ahem* "influenced." It's possible that the law could be changed so that the government could get its cut, but it won't become illegal. Never happen.

Think of all the bad bills that have been PASSED over the years. You probably said "oh, that will NEVER pass" and just sat on your ass.Here is a bill that could potentially take away a big part of your life's entertainment. You should at least do more than just say it will never pass. Go to the website - they have a prepackaged email that they will send to your Congressman - all you have to do is fill in your name and send it - you don't even have to join. Spend 2 minutes to have a voice in this!If we just sit idly by, next year we will be bitching about it on the Full Contact Tiddlywinks forum.

I'll bet that the criminal cocksuckers in office are bluffing to try and get the poker sites to pay them off. I don't ever see this bill passing. Politicians are bought and sold everyday. Kinda like our ports. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Don't worry about this, at least in the long term. Be able to get your money out relatively quickly, should the need arise, but internet gaming (poker, at least) is going to be fully legal in the US. There's too much money involved that the government wants a piece of for it not to be.I'd be very surprised if this bill even gets out of the House.

• 2 weeks later...
Well that settles it. I can't believe I'm thanking FoxNews, but thanks.
agreed... and btw, this is probably one of the best quotes from a fox reporter..."The funny thing is, online gaming sites are begging to be legalized and regulated. A better approach would be to allow them to set up shop in the U.S., contribute to the U.S. economy, be regulated by U.S. markets, and be subject to U.S. courts.Of course, that approach would require Congress to treat Americans as adults, and understand that we ought to be free to spend our own money as we please. Even in ways some morally crusading Congressmen happen to find distasteful.?

Well, I just received a reply from my House Rep. Not only is he in favor of the stupid thing...he has agreed to co-sponsor the bill. And I quote:"Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 4777, The Internet Gambling Prohibition Act. At this time, I support the intent of this legislation and have agreed to cosponsor the bill. Nevertheless, I will keep your comments in mind in the event that this legislation reaches the House Floor for a vote.Thank you again for taking the time to contact me.Sincerely,Jeff FortenberryMember of Congress"Dammit, politics is rigged...