New Starting Hand Nicknames

This is kind of like the poker phrases discussion. I just thought it would be cool to hear some of your favorite starting hand nicknames, maybe even see if we could invent some new ones. My current favorite has to has to be a new one for Ace-King, "The Anna Kournikova" it looks good, but it never wins.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of like the poker phrases discussion. I just thought it would be cool to hear some of your favorite starting hand nicknames, maybe even see if we could invent some new ones. My current favorite has to has to be a new one for Ace-King, "The Anna Kournikova" it looks good, but it never wins.
hi, search function.

92- retardo. For obvious reason10 4 - The dispatcher over and outAK - "Big Miss"97 - Hong Kong year they got independanceim sure i remeber more in a bit, those are some more obscure ones i know

Only thing these are good for is when you go to a new table making people think you're a complete fish. Use as many of these as you can, people will label you a fish within 30 seconds.

My friends and i have this super interesting set of nicknames for hands.The first part is you call it by the rank of the two cards, and then you tack on whether it's suited or offsuit. Except if they're paired, ... then you call it a pair of whatever rank it is.CRAZY, I KNOW!!!

Only thing these are good for is when you go to a new table making people think you're a complete fish. Use as many of these as you can, people will label you a fish within 30 seconds.
That works aswell whats better is when playing limit askinig if you can bet more then 10 when you are playing 5\10 say . Asking it more then once doesnt hurt either.
You almost sound like this is a bad thing.

Im not normally a fan of hand names but heard one the other night that I like:A4 : Transvestite hand - if you look down quickly you think you've got pocket Aces, but really you're in for a nasty surprise...

sure it does...KK = CowboysJJ = Gay cowboys
Yeah... NO!KK is now "Brokeback" (no mountains involved, and no jacks, cause I just don't see wtf you're talking about)

With the established 9-5 being "Dolly Parton", I had this in the big blind last night. All limps, flop comes 9-2-5. Goes to the showdown and I say "I have quadruple D's". Table thought it was mildly amusing.Anyway, I'm probably not the first to ever think of this, but I thought it was funny.