VARKONY FOR SURE!! Anyway,, Daniel's replies lead me to a good question ,, is there a lot of fights in pro poker? I know for sure that if I was raymer I woulda punched Matusow in a second.. and I know that Hellmuth got his Ace kicked ,,any other famous fights anyone knows about?also .. would you get disqualified from the WSOP if u hit someone?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Paul Darden should be way up there. That dude owned a nightclub. You know it wasn't studio 54. Thugged out guaranteed! He had to kick a few drunks asses in his day. And he brings a friggin pillow to tourneys, that is a tough mans move no doubt in my mind!!

raymer looks like one of those angry fat men...im surprised he didnt beat the tar out of matusow in the main event...dude matusow was talkin trash.. to bad he pulled one of his signature MM blow up...i thought it was his year with that stack he had through the late middle stages...mike matusow i believe would be the scariest to fight...once you got him mad enough to hit you he probably would explode into a murderous rage, bludgeoning you 19 times in the head then ripping out your entrails with a putter...

What about Hoyt Corkins? That mad cowboy looks like he could beat the crap out of anyone! :x
I thought so too until he took off the hat and sunglasses at the end of that WPT broadcast. Just not as intimidating without them.
TJ Cloutier is a mountain of a man. For a UFC style event though I'd go with the brawn and the brains. Ted Forrest qualifies. Pound for pound, my money would be on Scotty Nguyen. In the heavyweight division I'd go with Todd Brunson. In the femal division I'd go with Jennifer Harman. Five foot nothing and 100 lbs soaking wet... and her arms are bigger than mine. Ok so that's not saying much :oops:
yeah, I'd second Ted. He has done a standing backflip and he ran a marathon in 107 degree heat, and the soles of his feet detached, that's a man with strength of mind. Lee Watkinson was a college wrestler, which is very hard to be, and for anyone who knows the MMA game there have been many wrestlers that have done very well. TJ has to be a tough son of a... as he was a tight end and has probably been in many fights in his backroad poker days. For middleweights I'd still go with the unabomber as I could see him with training being very good at submissions and bringing an unortodox game to the fight

How we all overlook the obvious. Barry Greenstein would win hands down. First off, he's the Robinhood of poker. I may be rusty in movie trivia, but I recall 1. Sword skills out the a$$ 2. Archery skills for long range killin' and 3. Matching the U.S. army as the only thing to kick the king of Englands butt. You think Barry got the nickname just for his donating abilities??? Puh-leez.And don't even get me started on the Count Chocula thing. We've all got the 411 on vampires, and I don't care where you come from, but they are super strong. Heck, Barry looks about ready to carve his John Handcock into someones neck with his molars when he gets a bad beat at the table. That man has to be scary good at kickin some tail!

How we all overlook the obvious. Barry Greenstein would win hands down. First off, he's the Robinhood of poker. I may be rusty in movie trivia, but I recall 1. Sword skills out the a$$ 2. Archery skills for long range killin' and 3. Matching the U.S. army as the only thing to kick the king of Englands butt. You think Barry got the nickname just for his donating abilities??? Puh-leez.And don't even get me started on the Count Chocula thing. We've all got the 411 on vampires, and I don't care where you come from, but they are super strong. Heck, Barry looks about ready to carve his John censored into someones neck with his molars when he gets a bad beat at the table. That man has to be scary good at kickin some tail!
I've met Barry in person and he's a short fellow and not intimidating at all.

I know its being nit picky, but technically, Reggie Cardiel is not an "Ultimate Fighter" A UF refers to a person who fights in the UFC Organization based in Las Vegas. Not to say Cardiel isn't a fighter, but he would be called a Mixed martial Artist or Full Contact Fighter. He actually fights in other organizations, just not the UFC.

sam grizzle fought raymond davis!!!!!!! that guy needs to grow up alreadyraymond davis is probly half his age, i bet raymond coulda whooped old man but felt sorry for the irate s.o.b.sam grizzle , what a goon, why fight over poker?!?! loser

sam grizzle fought raymond davis!!!!!!! that guy needs to grow up alreadyraymond davis is probly half his age, i bet raymond coulda whooped old man but felt sorry for the irate s.o.b.sam grizzle , what a goon, why fight over poker?!?! loser
How about Annie Duke vs Jennifer Harmen or Duke vs Evelyn Ng or Kathy Liebert? Now these would be some interesting Cat fights! :D
How about Annie Duke vs Jennifer Harmen or Duke vs Evelyn Ng or Kathy Liebert? Now these would be some interesting Cat fights! :D
well since kathy liebert is a guy, i think she would win against any of those women...annie duke would win because she is so annoying that she would bore her opponet to death with talk of how "great my brother bub is"..evelyn ng would win .... well because shes the hottest woman on the planet ...