dn's wsop circut tunica final table results!

Hand 78 - Bryant King has the button in seat 6, Markholt limps for $12,000, and King carefully studies Markholt's remaining chips. King rechecks his cards, and says, "I call." Mohajeri calls from the small blind, and Negreanu raises to $112,000. Markholt folds, King folds, and Mohajeri folds. Daniel Negreanu takes the pot. anyone else find this hilarious?
He did it at the 5 diamond when he had the huge chip lead.
  • Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand 78 - Bryant King has the button in seat 6, Markholt limps for $12,000, and King carefully studies Markholt's remaining chips. King rechecks his cards, and says, "I call." Mohajeri calls from the small blind, and Negreanu raises to $112,000. Markholt folds, King folds, and Mohajeri folds. Daniel Negreanu takes the pot. anyone else find this hilarious?
the good ol "squeeze" play, nicely done

u all suk at my joband that's a 90 minute dinner break. chip counts just before we restart @ 8:15.Hand 81-pungent sulfuric acid says TD Grooms--Bryant King reraises Kia 130K. JT4 flop, Bryant moves all-in and Kia Mohajeri is thinking this one over---its a 227K all-in from Bryant. Kia folds.Hand 80-Daniel bets and wins the pot.Hand 79-Lee Markholt calls the BB, Bryant King on the button calls, Kia in the SB calls; Daniel in the BB raises 100K (three limpers what did you expect?) Lee folds, Bryant folds, Kia folds. Ta-Da!!Hand 78-Daniel raises 30K, its a standard, all fold.

:doh: The "squeeze" play is where a player has raised, another player calls that raise who you believe is weak and the original raise is weak so you reraise thinking that the original raiser can't call your raise because of the player behind him and you make this play because you believe both players plays are very weak.

Date / Time: 2006-01-27 16:40:00Title: Official Chip Counts From the Dinner BreakLog: The players are on dinner break until 8:15 pm CST. Here are the official chip counts:1. Daniel Negreanu - $1,319,000 (seat 2)2. Bryant King - $583,000 (seat 6)3. Kia Mohajeri - $387,000 (seat 8)4. Lee Markholt - $121,000 (seat 4)

Today will consist of me pretending to do work, while having three FireFox windows open:(1) Cardplayer Updates(2) Pokerwire.com(3) This postI will then proceed to wear out my F5 key.That is all by way of saying...GOOD LUCK DN. We're pulling for you.
Exactly what I've been doing since 9 this morning, and it's almost 5:30 and time to go home, sucks the dinner break happened 45 minutes before I'm off work!
:doh: The "squeeze" play is where a player has raised, another player calls that raise who you believe is weak and the original raise is weak so you reraise thinking that the original raiser can't call your raise because of the player behind him and you make this play because you believe both players plays are very weak.
Squeeze Play Pwnz
Squeeze Play Pwnz
Got that right. I use it a lot seeing how many fish are in the games i play.
Exactly what I've been doing since 9 this morning, and it's almost 5:30 and time to go home, sucks the dinner break happened 45 minutes before I'm off work!
Me too!

Negreanu is playing very smart and is firmly in control heading for the dinner break. Hopefully, he can find himself some nice vegetarian food and come back for the battle. I think he has a read on his opponents, and the most dangerous Le Maarkholt is barely hanging on. It'll definitely be DN vs Bryant King heads up. I like Daniel's chances

why do you have to get so technical for? DN's in BB and is faced with 3 limpers, a big raise OOP on his part represents a big handgiven there are no premium hands out, utg cant call because hes out of position w/2 players yo act after his play, same for the button with the sb yet to act behind him, sb probably only called because of pot odds, not to mention hes OOP the rest of the hand... therefor creating a "squeeze play" and taking down a nice potthis qualifies as a squeeze any day in my book
hey doublemeup???? where are the fish that you play ? Im in Plainville right up the road... Any good games around ? Cant wait for daniel to win this tournament, He is so due.
NICE!! You're only the 4rth person i've met on here from Connecticut. I was actually talking about the games i play online...sorry. Although i have found that most people in Connecticut aren't very good at poker. On the other hand, Raymer and Paul Darden are both pros from CT. Foxwoods has a lot of fish in it if you want to play there kkjeff. Btw, my fav. hand is KK if thats what you meant in your name.
why do you have to get so technical for? DN's in BB and is faced with 3 limpers, a big raise OOP on his part represents a big handgiven there are no premium hands out, utg cant call because hes out of position w/2 players yo act after his play, same for the button with the sb yet to act behind him, sb probably only called because of pot odds, not to mention hes OOP the rest of the hand... therefor creating a "squeeze play" and taking down a nice potthis qualifies as a squeeze any day in my book
You don't have a book and its not a squeeze play....trust me.
maybe so, but doesn't mean that it cant be used in the same context as a squeeze play. It's basically the same thing except that there are a bunch of limpers instead of raisers/callers. whats the big difference anyway? they both work dont theythats good enough for me
A squeeze play is a sacrifice bunt with a runner on third and fewer than two outs. The batter bunts the ball, expecting to be thrown out at first base, but hoping that the runner from third will be able to score.To argue differently would be to redefine the term. If it is fine to redefine the term for poker, it seems reasonable that people are free to make their own definitions, as opposed to relying on some book by harrington that liberally uses baseball metaphors like "small ball" etc.Your definition of squeeze play is no better than his, sorry.
A squeeze play is a sacrifice bunt with a runner on third and fewer than two outs. The batter bunts the ball, expecting to be thrown out at first base, but hoping that the runner from third will be able to score.To argue differently would be to redefine the term. If it is fine to redefine the term for poker, it seems reasonable that people are free to make their own definitions, as opposed to relying on some book by harrington that liberally uses baseball metaphors like "small ball" etc.Your definition of squeeze play is no better than his, sorry.
Whatever you say
It seems like dinner has been going on forever. Plenty of time for Daniel to get re-energized and re-focused with a nice spinach lasagna or pita sandwich.
I think it actually hurt him because he was on such a big rush winning every pot and now everybody has had a nice long break.

I can only hope JasonBo stops with his posts about the action. Not only are they ripped off cardplayer, he edits them so much they are nearly incoherent. Just copy and paste from cardplayer for Christs' sake.