The Hideout

Final table weeeeeeeeee. poker starsedited just took 1st 93 players tough tough tournamentweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Replies 80.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CardWarfare

• gkunit20

• chrozzo

• pckt10s

hi sweety

I read the posts of when the hideout was popular. I hope I'm not that unlikeable in real life. I read my posts and absolutely hated that person, they were just pure idiocy.
I probably am.

me too

Final table weeeeeeeeee. poker starsedited just took 1st 93 players tough tough tournamentweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Lori who?
nevermindhi
hi sweety
You better
me too
Is this seriously the best posts the hideout can conjure up now? The hideout has now been subjected to pointless 2-3 line posts.
Is this seriously the best posts the hideout can conjure up now? The hideout has now been subjected to pointless 2-3 line posts.
Yeah, this place really has fallen off.I won't single anyone out, but a good amount of the posters here really contribute nothing other than posting stuff that people would call useless anywhere else in the forum. It kind of bothers me, which is why I've had my gripes with this place in the past and stopped posting for a while. Whatever, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it, other than lock this thread. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if it did get locked, as it would be like putting a suffering animal out of it's misery.
Damn you and your 4 word posts.Jobless. That's as far as I should get into it I think.Hows frigid below zero weather?
Makes my manhood shrivel...My car died on the interstate yesterday while I was doing 70. Wind chill was 20 below at the time and the state patrol had put a temp ban on towing cars, so I had to sit there freezing until one of my coworkers could come pick me up 45 minutes later.
Yeah, this place really has fallen off.I won't single anyone out, but a good amount of the posters here really contribute nothing other than posting stuff that people would call useless anywhere else in the forum. It kind of bothers me, which is why I've had my gripes with this place in the past and stopped posting for a while. Whatever, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it, other than lock this thread. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if it did get locked, as it would be like putting a suffering animal out of it's misery.
I'd hate to see this locked, yeah no one is left and we may never get past posts such as "whats up", but in my head I still remain hopeful.
Makes my manhood shrivel...My car died on the interstate yesterday while I was doing 70. Wind chill was 20 below at the time and the state patrol had put a temp ban on towing cars, so I had to sit there freezing until one of my coworkers could come pick me up 45 minutes later.
Why is there a ban on towing cars?
I'd hate to see this locked, yeah no one is left and we may never get past posts such as "whats up", but in my head I still remain hopeful. Why is there a ban on towing cars?
Trust me, it won't happen.I don't know if the novelty of this place just wore off, or if it really was that much better back in the day, but honestly for the past 2 years or so it really has sucked. People had their complaints when it first got off the ground, but no one cared bc the people here were enjoying the thread. Now it's become a collection of people who are (for the most part) annoying as hell outside the thread, and even the people here don't like it anymore. Sad.There have been attempts at starting "new" threads, but that just wound up being pretty much the same people posting in 2 different threads, which was doubly annoying.

Jadaki I was at PM this sunday and I sat next to somebody who looked a lot like you but I didn't want to ask and look like an idiot. If it was you, you're welcome for that $200 I gave you because I suck.Also, I'm contemplating going to the Vegas golf thing. Idk. We'll have to see.

Short answer - Yes, there has been plenty of drama around here. Lots more than just that.Long answer which will probably offend some, read at own risk- I actually never read that. That may have taken place during one of my extended absences from this place, but after reading I have to say it:

Onlyme is/was (because he doesn't really post here anymore) an absolute fucking faggot. Before everyone jumps on me, let me explain...Should hank have backed off when Lori got offended at his joke? Yes. Even though others may joke about it, the bottom line is that doesn't always make it universally acceptable. Put it this way: My close friends can joke all they want about me being asian, and throw any slur they want at me, because I know it's in fun. You guys can say whatever you want because you are all internet robots, and therefore not real people. However, if I was at a bar and some random guy came up to me and called me a chink, I wouldn't hesitate to headbutt the guy and break his fucking nose. Just because some of the guys in the sick thread (myself included) made jokes at Lori's situation, if she wasn't comfortable with certain people making jokes, you have to respect it, and not carry on about how "every one else does it". I see where he (hank) was coming from, but I still think it probably was in bad taste. However, onlyme took this entire situation, and very subtly turned it into the gayest thing on earth. The fact that he stood in the background and acted like Lori's personal cheering section was not only pathetic, but ridiculously transparent. I would lay 30:1 on the fact that if this were ANY OTHER POSTER on this forum, or more specifically, any other poster that isn't an attractive woman, onlyme would not have been as vocal about the whole thing, and certainly wouldn't have gotten that involved in a situation that, in reality, had absolutely nothing to do with him. Now of course, if he were to come in here and read this, he would probably call me pathetic for bringing this up after so long, and saying that OBVIOUSLY he would care and defend ANY person in this situation indiscrimately. I'm very sorry, but no one on this earth would do that. People will always back the persons closest to them more than strangers, and men will ALWAYS back a woman they want to plow more than anyone else. It's just a fact of life. It isn't totally onlyme's fault, but reading that just now made me want to poke my very slanty eyes out. A guy always wants to be the knight in shining armor, apparently even if it's over the internet.

did you really just spoiler an angry rant?
I read the posts of when the hideout was popular. I hope I'm not that unlikeable in real life. I read my posts and absolutely hated that person, they were just pure idiocy.
we were just kids then, man. we didnt know any better.

I never read the early pages or maybe even what may be considered the "halcyon days" of the Hideout, in fact I'm not even sure when this era that is so commonly revelried took place (or if I did I certainly didn't realize I was in the midst of greatness). So perhaps the following opinion is uninformed, but honestly when has that ever stopped me?Just as a small sample for comparison I went through the first 10 pages and counted the number of posts with 4 or more lines. Keep in mind that most of these aren't even full width lines of text, just four or more new lines of typing. In that sample of 400 post I found 18 with four or more lines. That's 4.5% of posts in the first 10 pages. The few I did actually read really didn't seem much different than what is being posted now, hell, there was even a post consisting solely of "Hi" in those pages. I guess where I'm going with this is: has this placed changed? Undoubtedly. Change is the only constant, even Rome fell. Are we breaking new intellectual ground, developing a process for cold fusion, or driving toward some point? Probably not. But, isn't that kind of the consequence of the tradition here? "Discussion of all things." Sometimes discussion is just banter and small talk until something of interest to more than one or two parties is put on the table to dig into. So we, as a collective unit of nukkas can gripe about it or we can endeavor to persevere in the hopes that our perseverence will be rewarded with a new and glorious golden age of the Hideout. One small point:TOP THAT SHIT FROM NOW ON MOTHERFUCKERS.

I never read the early pages or maybe even what may be considered the "halcyon days" of the Hideout, in fact I'm not even sure when this era that is so commonly revelried took place (or if I did I certainly didn't realize I was in the midst of greatness). So perhaps the following opinion is uninformed, but honestly when has that ever stopped me?Just as a small sample for comparison I went through the first 10 pages and counted the number of posts with 4 or more lines. Keep in mind that most of these aren't even full width lines of text, just four or more new lines of typing. In that sample of 400 post I found 18 with four or more lines. That's 4.5% of posts in the first 10 pages. The few I did actually read really didn't seem much different than what is being posted now, hell, there was even a post consisting solely of "Hi" in those pages. I guess where I'm going with this is: has this placed changed? Undoubtedly. Change is the only constant, even Rome fell. Are we breaking new intellectual ground, developing a process for cold fusion, or driving toward some point? Probably not. But, isn't that kind of the consequence of the tradition here? "Discussion of all things." Sometimes discussion is just banter and small talk until something of interest to more than one or two parties is put on the table to dig into. So we, as a collective unit of nukkas can gripe about it or we can endeavor to persevere in the hopes that our perseverence will be rewarded with a new and glorious golden age of the Hideout. One small point:TOP THAT SHIT FROM NOW ON MOTHERFUCKERS.
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?