my first royal flush

Playing a small mutli table NL tourney the other day, and deep in the tournament (300/600 blinds) I get dealt Q :) J :) on the sb, 3 limpers and i complete. bb checks.Flop comes up A :) J :club: 10 :) , I check. Checks around to the button, who pushes all in, I call, the rest fold. Button has J :D 10 :D The turn is that beautiful K :D , giving me the royal and a very nice pot.I've seen many various straight flushes but I finally got the royal. Only took five years.EDIT: Corrected the suits.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had two royals in my life one won my a 50 dollar pot at 3/6 and th eother won me 8 dollar at 50 max no limit, exciting but not that profitable when hit

Playing a small mutli table NL tourney the other day, and deep in the tournament (300/600 blinds) I get dealt Q :) J :) on the sb, 3 limpers and i complete. bb checks.Flop comes up A :) J :club: 10 :) , I check. Checks around to the button, who pushes all in, I call, the rest fold. Button has J :D 10 :D .The turn is that beautiful K :D , giving me the royal and a very nice pot.I've seen many various straight flushes but I finally got the royal. Only took five years.
There are two J :) in the deck? Rigged.

i had 1 about 8 months ago...EP raises min. with AA...i called with KJ of spades in the bb...flop comes AQ10 of spades...i check call the flop...board prs on the turn and i had all his chips. :-)

Playing a small mutli table NL tourney the other day, and deep in the tournament (300/600 blinds) I get dealt Q :) J :)  on the sb, 3 limpers and i complete. bb checks.Flop comes up A :)  J :club:  10  :) , I check. Checks around to the button, who pushes all in, I call, the rest fold. Button has J :D 10 :D .The turn is that beautiful K :D , giving me the royal and a very nice pot.I've seen many various straight flushes but I finally got the royal. Only took five years.
That-Is-Great_Yippie.jpg

I was at a tournament at the Commerce and on the very first hand one player flopped a royal flush while another had the idiot end of the straight flush. I think the dealer forgot to shuffle or something...

I was at a tournament at the Commerce and on the very first hand one player flopped a royal flush while another had the idiot end of the straight flush. I think the dealer forgot to shuffle or something...
Can you really call it the idiot end if it's a straight flush? It's a bit difficult to lay that one down. Now that's what you call cold decked.
Right, because after every hand the dealer seperates all the suits and puts them in numerical order.
Right, because after every hand the dealer seperates all the suits and puts them in numerical order.
It was just a joke...and I know they shuffle before they high card for the button...
Can you really call it the idiot end if it's a straight flush? It's a bit difficult to lay that one down. Now that's what you call cold decked.
I'm not saying he was an idiot for getting all his money in with a straight flush. I just thought that's what you called it when you hold something like 98 and the flop is QJT.
I'm not saying he was an idiot for getting all his money in with a straight flush. I just thought that's what you called it when you hold something like 98 and the flop is QJT.
its usually called the ignorant end...but more common with a straight...not a straight flush.
I've also heard it referred to as the ass end of the straight. Tough to fault a guy on a striaght flush, though. Probably call it just the wrong end in this situation.
Bad choice of words I guess. I didn't mean to infer any bad play on his part.
I've also heard it referred to as the ass end of the straight. Tough to fault a guy on a striaght flush, though. Probably call it just the wrong end in this situation.
"Imply" is the word you were looking for.
I would accept infer, after first questioning it, but I'm drunk and semi horny.
Then I'd suggest more alcohol and banging a hot chick (see koop for references). But when you're done, "infer" will still be wrong.
Doesn't infer mean suggest?
it seems no. Instead, it's more like making an assumption or concluding based on whatever.and I only say I accept it so conversations like this don't pop up :club:
Then I'd suggest more alcohol and banging a hot chick (see koop for references). But when you're done, "infer" will still be wrong.
Actually "infer" is perfectly acceptable in this situation. You are wrong. It sounds a little awkward because it usually is not used in this context, but it is grammatically correct.

Main Entry: in·fer Pronunciation: in-'f&rFunction: verbInflected Form(s): in·ferred; in·fer·ringEtymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French inferer, from Latin inferre, literally, to carry or bring into, from in- + ferre to carry -- more at BEARtransitive senses1 : to derive as a conclusion from facts or premises <we see smoke and infer fire -- L. A. White> -- compare IMPLY2 : GUESS, SURMISE <your letter... allows me to infer that you are as well as ever -- O. W. Holmes died 1935>3 a : to involve as a normal outcome of thought b : to point out : INDICATE <this doth infer the zeal I had to see him -- Shakespeare> <another survey... infers that two-thirds of all present computer installations are not paying for themselves -- H. R. Chellman>4 : SUGGEST, HINT <are you inferring I'm incompetent?>intransitive senses : to draw inferences <men... have observed, inferred, and reasoned... to all kinds of results -- John Dewey>