• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

autumnal1) Nick Drake - Time of No Reply2) Elliott Smith - Alameda3) Nick Drake - Fly4) Fiery Furnaces - Benton Harbor Blues5) The Shins - Pink Bullets6) My Morning Jacket - Golden7) Silver Jews- People8) Beck - Already Dead9) Beatles- Norwegian Wood10) Beach House - Apple Orchard11) Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From12) Fleet Foxes- Blue Ridge Mountains13) Kinks- Village Green14) Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica
Thank you. I briefly considered including this song, but then I thought to myself: "nah, too spring." Then I went crazy because I couldn't decide. Anyway, good call.

autumnal1) Nick Drake - Time of No Reply2) Elliott Smith - Alameda3) Nick Drake - Fly4) Fiery Furnaces - Benton Harbor Blues5) The Shins - Pink Bullets6) My Morning Jacket - Golden7) Silver Jews- People8) Beck - Already Dead9) Beatles- Norwegian Wood10) Beach House - Apple Orchard11) Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From12) Fleet Foxes- Blue Ridge Mountains13) Kinks- Village Green14) Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica15) Yo La Tengo- Autumn SweaterI feel like a faggot putting this on there because it's so obvious, but whatever.

autumnal1) Nick Drake - Time of No Reply2) Elliott Smith - Alameda3) Nick Drake - Fly4) Fiery Furnaces - Benton Harbor Blues5) The Shins - Pink Bullets6) My Morning Jacket - Golden7) Silver Jews- People8) Beck - Already Dead9) Beatles- Norwegian Wood10) Beach House - Apple Orchard11) Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From12) Fleet Foxes- Blue Ridge Mountains13) Kinks- Village Green14) Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica15) Yo La Tengo- Autumn SweaterI feel like a faggot putting this on there because it's so obvious, but whatever.
Alright boys, we are very close to having a complete list. I'll give it another 24 hours or so, and then we can force somebody to put it together. If there's any extra space, I call dibs on adding "Sunken Treasure" by Wilco
The only obviously part is that you're a faggot. I'd like to submit Animal Collective - "Did You See the Words," and also note that Beach House is the correct choice, though there are a couple tracks of theirs I probably would have chosen before that one. But my choice is probably considered inappropriate by everyone but me, whose sense of pastoral sonic expression is almost surely deeply flawed, so whatever.Edit: Damn it; I forgot there was already a Panda Bear track. How about something from Band of Horses? Damn it.
The only obviously part is that you're a faggot. I'd like to submit Animal Collective - "Did You See the Words," and also note that Beach House is the correct choice, though there are a couple tracks of theirs I probably would have chosen before that one. But my choice is probably considered inappropriate by everyone but me, whose sense of pastoral sonic expression is almost surely deeply flawed, so whatever.Edit: Damn it; I forgot there was already a Panda Bear track. How about something from Band of Horses? Damn it.
I had it winnowed down to about 5 Beach House songs and eventually flipped a coin, literally, to pick between Master of None and Apple Orchard. Apple Orchard was probably my strongest lean, though. I really like your "Did You See the Words" suggestion, and personally have no objection to its addition to the mix. Pick two songs, and add them. You're certainly entitled to play this for a double.
+1 Frog Eyes - Bushels
I like this song a lot, because my last name is mentioned repeatedly in the chorus and I am an egomaniac.
Alright boys, we are very close to having a complete list. I'll give it another 24 hours or so, and then we can force somebody to put it together. If there's any extra space, I call dibs on adding "Sunken Treasure" by Wilco
They performed this when I saw them on Thursday.I'd like to reiterate that in the last week, I have seen Wilco, Fleet Foxes, and Radiohead.
whoever decides to make the album, I'll ship whatever songs I have that you don't.
i'm happy to do it. if you guys are planning on burning this onto a cd i'll actually master it and stuff. if people are just tossing mp3s onto an ipod i'll just compile and host a .rar. either way.... jeff, if there is interest in an actual cd do you have the ratio available to get flacs of the stuff i don't own on cd?

I know I plan on making a cd to totally jam out in my car, but don't go all lossless for my sake if its any trouble. I only have one working speaker in my civic, and I only drive my truck when I'm drunk, so I won't notice the difference.

I know I plan on making a cd to totally jam out in my car, but don't go all lossless for my sake if its any trouble. I only have one working speaker in my civic, and I only drive my truck when I'm drunk, so I won't notice the difference.
i only want lossless for the source material because i'm going to make some level adjustments so all the songs are roughly the same loudness, and i'll be doing that in wav format. when i upload it'll be mp3.
i only want lossless for the source material because i'm going to make some level adjustments so all the songs are roughly the same loudness, and i'll be doing that in wav format. when i upload it'll be mp3.
oh ok. I was mainly using that as an excuse to say my car only has 1 working speaker. I don't know why.
oh ok. I was mainly using that as an excuse to say my car only has 1 working speaker. I don't know why.
mono ftwedit: seriously, if you want a mono version you got it
mono ftwedit: seriously, if you want a mono version you got it
ha, nah, I'm gonna get some speakers put in at some point. I just have to save up enough to replace the wiring too, and I'm sure thats gonna be a pretty penny.have any regular posters not put in their songs yet? I can't really think of anybody. also, are we leaving it in that order, or will we be switching it up for a better 'flow'?
I could do it, but it'd be way quicker for you to just go in with utorrent and select none, then pick the songs out of each album. I bet it'll be about 200MBs which would be a pain in the ass for me to transfer to you.
i know this but you know how i like to keep my ratio at the absolute bare minimum threshold that doesn't get me booted. i may actually have enough room though.
have any regular posters not put in their songs yet? I can't really think of anybody. also, are we leaving it in that order, or will we be switching it up for a better 'flow'?
I was hoping to leave that up to mk. I'm sure he'll have some idea on the track order, if there's any coherent order to be found.
I was hoping to leave that up to mk. I'm sure he'll have some idea on the track order, if there's any coherent order to be found.
yeah I feel comfortable leaving it up to him. I'm always extremely anal about my track order when making mixes and feel like I usually do pretty well with getting it right, but I don't know half of these songs so I wouldn't know where to begin.
yeah I feel comfortable leaving it up to him. I'm always extremely anal about my track order when making mixes and feel like I usually do pretty well with getting it right, but I don't know half of these songs so I wouldn't know where to begin.
I'm the same way. Once I burned a CD -- just for myself, for my car, something to listen to while driving around -- and reburned it in a new order 6 times. #5 was flipping songs 6 and 7, and #6 was flipping them right back. At one point a girl was going through the CDs in my car, and she put 3 copies of the same (though slightly differently ordered) CD in before giving up and putting talk radio on. She thought I was crazy, but the joke's on her because I peed in her shower once.