• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

honestly now, joanna newsom + the roots? the times we live in!
That's another orgy which I plan on attending. But that has little to do with the Roots. I would be down for Newsom + Sum41.
I like to imagine LLY now has a work van he travels around in, complete with all sorts of physics tools, for the purpose of fixing people's physics problems.
if you value the shorts that you're wearing
Add to that image a pair of really dorky jean-shorts.
Thanks!

too bad it wasn't sa21 or else that'd be like twelve thank yousnot that Timmy is a bad guy.though I can't vouch for him being a bad guynor James Earl Jonesthat is his avatar right?the black and white makes me think probably not. especially since he didn't look that old in strangelove and that was like '65 or something. not that black and white pictures couldn't happen after that. I didn't download the thingy

no one likes the Welshalso, since I should probably talk about music (even though I don't listen to much music nowadays), I will type the following. damn these underage "superstar" girls and their outfits during performances at canadian music video award shows. her boyfriend must be saying yahooooooo.

no one likes the Welshalso, since I should probably talk about music (even though I don't listen to much music nowadays), I will type the following. damn these underage "superstar" girls and their outfits during performances at canadian music video award shows. her boyfriend must be saying yahooooooo.
you picked the one artist no one here is interested in musically. well done.
Thank you, strategy. I sincerely appreciate the fact that you are supporting both my laziness and my theftiness at the same time. I mean, I may be a person that would steal someone else's hard work, and I may be the sort of man that isn't even clever enough to find said work on my own, but I CERTAINLY would not be the awful sort of man that would forget to thank someone for spoon feeding me this form of art. So, again, thank you.
Thank you, strategy. I sincerely appreciate the fact that you are supporting both my laziness and my theftiness at the same time. I mean, I may be a person that would steal someone else's hard work, and I may be the sort of man that isn't even clever enough to find said work on my own, but I CERTAINLY would not be the awful sort of man that would forget to thank someone for spoon feeding me this form of art. So, again, thank you.
Matt Damon.
I may be a person that would steal someone else's hard work
Eh, that's not an apt description of what you would be doing if you downloaded the (zipped) file contained within that link. The idea of 'stealing someone else's hard work' implies that somebody else has done the work, and because you are unscrupulous you are going to use their hard work as a shortcut to get to the same end as they have, or use their work in some way that is similarly advantageous to you. That would be like if you were stealing somebody else's vet-notes for a test or something, maybe. In other words, if you want to say that music-pirating is stealing, okay that's an opinion you can have. But would you describe the theft of a candy bar as 'stealing someone else's hard work?' No, even though work has gone into making that candy and packaging it and displaying it, etc. So, if me downloading a digital copy of an album is theft, certainly it's closer to stealing a candy bar than it is to stealing test answers or corporate secrets. I mean, a wide-release album is almost the opposite of a secret - the band really really wants their music to be heard - they are thrilled with radio play, etc etc. One reason for this desire of theirs is economic: the more play their album gets, the more people are likely to buy the album or (far more economically imperative for a band) buy a concert ticket. But I think there's a second reason too: when you create a work or art (as you yourself called it) there is often a shitton of satisfaction that comes from letting other people hear or see that artwork, especially when they really love it. Bottom line: it's really not 'stealing somebody's hard work,' and I think the fact that you're struggling to not mix metaphors shows that they really are just metaphors - it's not "stealing," it's something else.

Speaking of candy bars, last night I bought a Hundred Thousand Dollar Bar for a buck fifty. Seriously good deal. Oh, and I stole the newest MGMT album a couple days ago. It was kind of disappointing on the first listen through when compared to Oracular Spectacular.

Eh, that's not an apt description of what you would be doing if you downloaded the (zipped) file contained within that link. The idea of 'stealing someone else's hard work' implies that somebody else has done the work, and because you are unscrupulous you are going to use their hard work as a shortcut to get to the same end as they have, or use their work in some way that is similarly advantageous to you. That would be like if you were stealing somebody else's vet-notes for a test or something, maybe. In other words, if you want to say that music-pirating is stealing, okay that's an opinion you can have. But would you describe the theft of a candy bar as 'stealing someone else's hard work?' No, even though work has gone into making that candy and packaging it and displaying it, etc. So, if me downloading a digital copy of an album is theft, certainly it's closer to stealing a candy bar than it is to stealing test answers or corporate secrets. I mean, a wide-release album is almost the opposite of a secret - the band really really wants their music to be heard - they are thrilled with radio play, etc etc. One reason for this desire of theirs is economic: the more play their album gets, the more people are likely to buy the album or (far more economically imperative for a band) buy a concert ticket. But I think there's a second reason too: when you create a work or art (as you yourself called it) there is often a shitton of satisfaction that comes from letting other people hear or see that artwork, especially when they really love it. Bottom line: it's really not 'stealing somebody's hard work,' and I think the fact that you're struggling to not mix metaphors shows that they really are just metaphors - it's not "stealing," it's something else.
I understand little to nothing of the above. But, since it seems to be well written, I'll assume you are correct. So: fair enough.Edit: Wait! Maybe I get it. Ok, you're stealing someone else's copywrited material? Is that...is that what they're doing? But if we had stolen the original tapes and copywrited (copywritten?) them ourselves that would be stealing their hard work?
I don't care how much they want their music to be heard. Unless they're just getting into the business, all artists want to receive compensation for their work.Anyone who has written music in the hopes of making it big do so usually for 2 reasons:1. They love music, and want to share their talent with the world.2. Money and SexSomewhere down the line for a lot of them, the 2 switch order of importance.
Did I hear that there are new Arcade Fire songs floating around the internet? I'm not sure if I want to listen to them or not.
i grabbed em, listened once. sounded fine.
I saw St. Vincent in concert tonight. She put on a pretty decent show.
you used to see some real sweet live music when you lived in ny, huh?
you used to see some real sweet live music when you lived in ny, huh?
Yeah, I did. Though, I wasn't nearly as good about it as I could have been. There are so many amazing shows that go on all the time, and I didn't really have the time, money, or motivation to go to all the ones I wanted to see.But I did get to meet Annie Clark at a concert and album signing she did during the last week of the Union Square Virgin Megastore. So that was pretty cool.
But I did get to meet Annie Clark at a concert and album signing she did during the last week of the Union Square Virgin Megastore.
GO ON...