what music are you guys listening to?

So ended up dropping those 20 tracks onto my Special Lady Friend's iPod, and when she called me last night, she seemed impressed. She especially liked a handful of tracks, whatever, and I've been commissioned to make a second, more targeted mix. I'll let you know what the plan for that is, and you all will be making it for me when the time comes, but I am telling you all of this for another reason.Keep in mind that I included Blue Ridge Mountains and Fly on the mix.Conversation:MILF: "Hey, I had a question about something. What does 'FCP Music Thread Album' mean? And why is 'Album' spelled with an 'n' at the end?"Wang: (laughs) "Actually, I probably won't be explaining that."MILF: "Why not?"Wang: "Actually, I will explain, but when this conversation is over you will probably like me notably less than you did before."MILF: "...probably tough for that to be true."Wang: "Yeah, yeah. So I used to spend time talking poker-strategy on a website, and eventually I found some guys who shared my tastes in music. I had the idea that we should all pitch in a few songs and make a fall-themed album, and then have somebody put it together and share it. One of the guys came up with the funny idea to entitle in 'Albumn.'"MILF: "Why 'Albumn?'"Wang: "Because the word 'autumn' is spelled with an 'n' at the end, and it seemed appropriate and kinda hilarious."MILF: "Okay."Wang: "Anyway, some of those songs were on my iTunes playlist, and I used the versions with that album title because I wasn't thinking."MILF: "Okay, so... that makes sense. Where is this website?"Wang: "Yeah, that's not going to happen. I will have to tell this story there now, and if you're looking over my shoulder, I dunno."MILF: "Okay. Fair enough. Will you use my real name?"Wang: "Nah. I'm just going to call you 'MILF.'"MILF: "That's kinda gross."Wang: "Yeah, kinda."MILF: "Keep in mind that I am still just a mother you'd LIKE to eff..."Wang: "Ouch."MILF: "Yeah."

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

1. Your lady is hot. I thought about saying that in a more clever way, but meh, there is something to be said for conciseness.2. Why do you not post about poker strategy anymore?

1. Your lady is hot. I thought about saying that in a more clever way, but meh, there is something to be said for conciseness.2. Why do you not post about poker strategy anymore?
1. Yeah, she ain't exactly MY lady just yet, and it's doubtful it'll get that far, but she's shockingly attractive for a woman that is interested in me. I'll post a picture of myself sometime. I'm incredibly not good looking. Some guys can make up for that with their personalities and still get chicks that appear to be out of their league, but you guys have spent enough time reading my incoherent, retarded ramblings to correctly deduce that I am most definitely not one of those guys. I am, in fact, ultra-retarded, and not in a cute "oh that's so cute" way. 2. I don't play enough online for my insight to be at all useful. I used to ocassionally toss in a fun little LHE quiz to illustrate some point (my favorite was the necessity of semi-bluffing turns with big draws in heads-up pots), but I don't have much to say nowadays. I might stop in sometime and see what's going on. I play in too many too-passive live games for my analysis to be at all relevant.EDIT- Dink, I posted a fun and relatively easy poker/math exercize in the LHE strat section. It's pretty basic stuff, but I was surprised that a lot of people couldn't do it the first time I posted it.
can anyone recommend a good usb-equipped turntable that's not going to run me back more than 200 bucks or so, but sounds really good? i want to get one for my gf for christmas, as she collects vinyl and my turntable recently crapped out, but i don't "do" vinyl very much so i don't really know where to start looking.a cursory intarweb search yields: this. ist gut?
Jamie - we think alike?Any success with cassettes?
Anyone have any success/reco's with converting albums or cassettes to digital?Saw this in a catalog... turntable I have a bunch of bootelegs of stuff from mostly the 70's that I wanna add to the IPOD.Gracias.
Wang: "Ouch."MILF: "Yeah."
Indeed.
1. Yeah, she ain't exactly MY lady just yet, and it's doubtful it'll get that far, but she's shockingly attractive for a woman that is interested in me. I'll post a picture of myself sometime. I'm incredibly not good looking. Some guys can make up for that with their personalities and still get chicks that appear to be out of their league, but you guys have spent enough time reading my incoherent, retarded ramblings to correctly deduce that I am most definitely not one of those guys. I am, in fact, ultra-retarded, and not in a cute "oh that's so cute" way. 2. I don't play enough online for my insight to be at all useful. I used to ocassionally toss in a fun little LHE quiz to illustrate some point (my favorite was the necessity of semi-bluffing turns with big draws in heads-up pots), but I don't have much to say nowadays. I might stop in sometime and see what's going on. I play in too many too-passive live games for my analysis to be at all relevant.EDIT- Dink, I posted a fun and relatively easy poker/math exercize in the LHE strat section. It's pretty basic stuff, but I was surprised that a lot of people couldn't do it the first time I posted it.
Yeah I sent you a PM, though I screwed up a small amount on unseen cards (I was working fast and neglected to count the turn card). It's a good lesson though and I understand that the principle is what you're trying to get across.BTW I'm completely the same way in that I am ultra-retarded in the least cute way possible, but I managed to find a "lady." It's amazing, but I'm pretty sure any introverted, cynical, uninteresting, and not particularly nice guy *cough* me *cough* can luckbox his way to a girl. I'm pretty sure there's no skill involved. It's all rigged. But if there is skill, your musical taste should be a good start.
Yeah I sent you a PM, though I screwed up a small amount on unseen cards (I was working fast and neglected to count the turn card). It's a good lesson though and I understand that the principle is what you're trying to get across.BTW I'm completely the same way in that I am ultra-retarded in the least cute way possible, but I managed to find a "lady." It's amazing, but I'm pretty sure any introverted, cynical, uninteresting, and not particularly nice guy *cough* me *cough* can luckbox his way to a girl. I'm pretty sure there's no skill involved. It's all rigged. But if there is skill, your musical taste should be a good start.
Welcome to my life right now, luckboxed into this girl that goes to another college but for some reason wants my junk.
I downloaded a bunch of deerhunter a while ago. they seem to be the anti-jeff
yeah, i don't get it. i mean, i probably would've liked them ~1998. as i was listening, i was thinking, "people still listen to post-rock? really?"
Wang: "Ouch."MILF: "Yeah."
bringing that guy up when you're talking to your ladyfriend is not likely to help mattersorfor a second i thought she was answering as though she were Ouch, and i thought to myself, "well that's not going to help quell the rumours much at all"ordon't worry, he will not stand in your way
bringing that guy up when you're talking to your ladyfriend is not likely to help mattersorfor a second i thought she was answering as though she were Ouch, and i thought to myself, "well that's not going to help quell the rumours much at all"ordon't worry, he will not stand in your way
Yah I'd be lying if I said I don't think of you everytime somebody says that word. I sure hope if y'all ever meet anyone with the surname "Wang" or hear something about Military Tactics I invade your conciousness
Yah I'd be lying if I said I don't think of you everytime somebody says that word. I sure hope if y'all ever meet anyone with the surname "Wang" or hear something about Military Tactics I invade your conciousness
WELL, YOU WILL NOW, DAMMIT!orhttp://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi...820081113185116
Really? It's him solo, any Phife or Ali Shaheed on there?Is this his first album since vibrant thing?
the first to get a proper release, yes. 2002's excellent kamaal the abstract is easily found via various file-sharing sites because arista pulled it at the very last second (after sending out promos). rumor has it that as many as 3 (!) full-lengths were rejected by various labels in the time since amplified and now. boggles the mind how the greatest mc of all-time (whose records cost very, very little to make) could have trouble finding an outlet to release his material, but then again, that's example 989635767500900892523 of how the music industry is artistically bankrupt and deserves to go...uh...bankrupt (sic). it's almost like they're trying to lose money.
if it makes you feel any better, I think about you every time I look at my penis.