what music are you guys listening to?

I was cleaning my car out earlier today -- in preparation for a date kinda thing, I think -- and I noticed I had a few CDs under the seat. They were from 2006, and I popped them in. This is what I was listening to then:Unicorns- Tuff Ghost, Sea Ghost, Ready to DieBuilt to Spill- Strange, Happiness, 3 other songs I can't rememberGuided By Voices- Queen of Cans and Jars, Hot Freaks, Yours to Keep, I Am a ScientistFlaming Lips- The GashBroken Social Scene- I'm Still Your Fag, Stars and SonsThe Hold Steady- Your Little Hoodrat FriendI was soooo much more fun to be around when I drank, I think.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

This is why you are KingSmug. You try to compensate by talking about how much you like Third-Eye Blind and shit like that, but we see right through you.
but but but i really DO like third eye blind! AND AIR SUPPLY.what this really comes down to is that i project my hatred of this one guy i know onto wilco. he plays in this crappy wilco-wannabe band called brighton m.a... fucking LOVES wilco. something else he LOVES: wearing a sweater vest and tie EVERY DAY and telling you about how even when he wakes up on a saturday morning and walks down to starbucks to get himself a grande mocha faggacino he still puts on a sweater vest and tie because, well, he just feels naked without it. that's GREAT buddy! exactly what i want to talk about EVERY TIME I SEE YOU. know what i really want to talk about? BASEBALL. oh, you don't know anything about baseball because liking sports isn't in your "how to be cool in the 2000s" life manual? oh, ok well, PLEASE DIAGF.
but but but i really DO like third eye blind! AND AIR SUPPLY.what this really comes down to is that i project my hatred of this one guy i know onto wilco. he plays in this crappy wilco-wannabe band called brighton m.a... fucking LOVES wilco. something else he LOVES: wearing a sweater vest and tie EVERY DAY and telling you about how even when he wakes up on a saturday morning and walks down to starbucks to get himself a grande mocha faggacino he still puts on a sweater vest and tie because, well, he just feels naked without it. that's GREAT buddy! exactly what i want to talk about EVERY TIME I SEE YOU. know what i really want to talk about? BASEBALL. oh, you don't know anything about baseball because liking sports isn't in your "how to be cool in the 2000s" life manual? oh, ok well, PLEASE DIAGF.
I hate Bright Eyes for the same reason. We're all allowed a handful of irrational hatreds. I probably have more than anybody I've ever met. For example, there are like 20 people who post at FCP regularly that I wish mild physical pain on. No real reason for me to feel that strongly. I just do. Wilco is pretty sweet, though.
I hate Bright Eyes for the same reason. We're all allowed a handful of irrational hatreds. I probably have more than anybody I've ever met. For example, there are like 20 people who post at FCP regularly that I wish mild physical pain on. No real reason for me to feel that strongly. I just do. Wilco is pretty sweet, though.
I just HAVE to know who is on that list. jesus its eating me inside.I wonder what my irrational hatreds are? i was gonna say women, but that's completely rational. oh I got one, SOCCER.
I just HAVE to know who is on that list. jesus its eating me inside.I wonder what my irrational hatreds are? i was gonna say women, but that's completely rational. oh I got one, SOCCER.
Nobody that posts in here. Nobody that anybody would like, I don't think. I haven't listened to GBV for a good long while, so I put on Bee Thousand today. That CD always puts me in an awesomely good mood. Every song is ****ing awesome, lo-fi epic. I am rocking so hard right now.EDIT- Have you ever listened to Guided by Voices, Shake? If not, download Bee Thousand right this instant and get after it. It might take a little getting used to, because it's basically recorded onto a 4-track in some guy's basement -- the lowest of low-fidelity -- but every song is so sweet. I'd like to know how you feel about it.

Somebody I work with asked me yesterday how much time I spend listening to music each day, and I said: "I dunno, probably something like 8 hours, give or take." He was shocked, and then said he didn't believe me, so I started tracking it today.I got up at 9AM, and tooled around on my computer looking at opening MLB lines and overnight NCAA football action and catching up on my daily reading from 915 until about 11ish. I was wearing my headphones the entire time. I proceeded to shower, and cleaned my car and ran errands (dry cleaning, etc), and then sat on my ass reading stuff online, making up a list of weekend leans, putting in plays for various contests, and hitting on a girl online. The entire time I had my car stereo on, or my headphones on. It's 8PM here, and I've been listening to music all day except for when I was on the phone or in the shower. I'll probably go out tonight, try to get some unsuspecting girl to touch my penis, and be home by 1AM, at which point I'll listen to music, while checking sports scores.Seriously, 8 hours is pretty conservative. Even on days where I have school and work, it's up near 4-5, minimum. I usually have the stereo in the card room blaring when I'm the most important person in the room. Weekends it's 12ish. How much time daily do you guys think you spend listening to music?

Nobody that posts in here. Nobody that anybody would like, I don't think. EDIT- Have you ever listened to Guided by Voices, Shake? If not, download Bee Thousand right this instant and get after it. It might take a little getting used to, because it's basically recorded onto a 4-track in some guy's basement -- the lowest of low-fidelity -- but every song is so sweet. I'd like to know how you feel about it.
I think we've actually discussed people we dislike before, but I don't remember who any of them were. oh well.and downloading.... NOW. I'll check it out at work tomorrow.I'd say about 4 hours maybe a day? not all of it good music though. 40 minutes to work, 40 minutes back, probably 2 or 3 hours at work, and then 30 minutes in the morning and 30 in the evening for workouts (the "not good" music, hardcore stuff).
I just HAVE to know who is on that list. jesus its eating me inside.
i know at least two are tactical bear and shimmering wang. but self-hatred is pretty easy to read.i had a pretty scattered prefuse 73 discography until recently, but just recently got all of his full album releases.
off one word extinguisher makes me spazz out every time. the beat is just too nasty not too.maybe this could be the next mixtape. it doesnt lend itself to as many clever names and would probably not be as uncle-friendly, but it would probably be a whole lot more fun (and diverse genre-wise).surely you all have or song or two which makes you freak out uncontrollably and shake your head around like demons are trying to escape?music/day estimate- 4 hours or so, depending on schedule and how many movies i have in my queuemy second track- ghostface killah (feat. wu tang clan)- 9 milli bros.YALL BE NICE TO THE CRACKHEADS

you posers need to evolve past this so called indie music that everyone listens to these days and listen to Kurt Rosenwinkel (i suggest his album Heartcore to break in). indie rock is mainstream now, you have to go to modern jazz to be elite and hip. and we know thats what its all about.

Jazz? What's that? Like music or something? Haha, Don, you're so out of touch. No one underground likes sounds anymore. It's all about tastes, now. Mmmm...this new Poni Hoax record tastes delicious. The liner notes have this ceder thing going on, but the disc itself tastes like...tacos.

maybe this could be the next mixtape. it doesnt lend itself to as many clever names and would probably not be as uncle-friendly, but it would probably be a whole lot more fun (and diverse genre-wise).surely you all have or song or two which makes you freak out uncontrollably and shake your head around like demons are trying to escape?
I have the beginnings of a similar mix - I've tentatively titled it my "Songs That Make Me Want To Dance Around My Living Room Like A Goddamned Mental Patient" mix. So far, it contains:Idioteque"Bump" by Spank Rock"Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (Pt. 1)""Finer Feelings" by SpoonThat's where I got stuck.
Somebody I work with asked me yesterday how much time I spend listening to music each day, and I said: "I dunno, probably something like 8 hours, give or take." He was shocked, and then said he didn't believe me, so I started tracking it today.I got up at 9AM, and tooled around on my computer looking at opening MLB lines and overnight NCAA football action and catching up on my daily reading from 915 until about 11ish. I was wearing my headphones the entire time. I proceeded to shower, and cleaned my car and ran errands (dry cleaning, etc), and then sat on my ass reading stuff online, making up a list of weekend leans, putting in plays for various contests, and hitting on a girl online. The entire time I had my car stereo on, or my headphones on. It's 8PM here, and I've been listening to music all day except for when I was on the phone or in the shower. I'll probably go out tonight, try to get some unsuspecting girl to touch my penis, and be home by 1AM, at which point I'll listen to music, while checking sports scores.Seriously, 8 hours is pretty conservative. Even on days where I have school and work, it's up near 4-5, minimum. I usually have the stereo in the card room blaring when I'm the most important person in the room. Weekends it's 12ish. How much time daily do you guys think you spend listening to music?
if we distinguish between "listening to music" and "with music on in the background":2 yrs ago it was 1-2hrs:12-24hrsnow it's more like 1:1
Same same, seems like I try to listen to music at all hours, even while playing games. 7-9 hours. The only time I absolutely can't listen to music is in my professors classes, I've tried that before and bombed a horrible Geography of Japan quiz.
I know it's lame, but I really am going to look into getting some earplugs for the next concert.
yeah bra, what could be more lame than protecting an irreplaceable sense?

I'm always on the lawn at any show I ever go to so earplugs are never really a necessity. plus I don't go to a whole lot of concerts anymore.the whole "I know its lame thing" makes me think of a guy I work with who was bitching because a person walking through our plant complained about the smell of the leaking propane from the forklift, basically telling her (!) to stop being such a wimp. yeah, real men breath noxious gas that could kill them and they LIKE it. people are just... god damn it.wang, listened to the first couple songs off of bee thousand and so far it is... odd. reminds me of dinosaur jr (even though I only vaguely know them) and yeah, the sound is kind of an initial turn off. I'll give it another shot later.