what music are you guys listening to?

1) Nick Drake - Time of No Reply2) Elliott Smith - Alameda3) Nick Drake - Fly4) Fiery Furnaces - Benton Harbor Blues5) The Shins - Pink Bullets6) My Morning Jacket - Golden7) Silver Jews- People8) Beck - Already Dead9) Beatles- Norwegian Wood10) Beach House - Apple Orchard11) Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From12) Fleet Foxes- Blue Ridge Mountains13) Kinks- Village Green14) Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica15) Yo La Tengo- Autumn Sweater16) Animal Collective - Did You See the Words17) Band of Horses - tbdis everyone cool with this list? if so i'll get crackin..

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Has anyone here ever heard of The Nadas?If not, can one of you music snobs listen to them on itunes and tell me what you think?

songs are compiled and reasonably balanced for relative loudness. gonna have to put some thought into the sequencing, but i should have this done by tomorrow evening.

I'm listening to the Bob Dylan of our generation. (Anyone remember me saying this three or so years ago?) THE WHITE STRIPES > EVERYONE ELSE TODAY!!!!!!Also..the greatest band of all-time, AC/DC is coming out with a new album in October. Can't wait.

I'm listening to the Bob Dylan of our generation. (Anyone remember me saying this three or so years ago?) THE WHITE STRIPES > EVERYONE ELSE TODAY!!!!!!Also..the greatest band of all-time, AC/DC is coming out with a new album in October. Can't wait.
sigh
Anxiously awaiting new Lindstrom to finish downloading. I should have got it yesterday, but totally forgot. Yay for Lindstrom.
it's real sweetre albumn: i made an executive decision to axe 'did you see the words' (sorry dutch), but i'm including band of horses which was an excellent dutch contribution. i'm substituting a simon & garfunkel song which was suggested by both LLY and LG so this should make more people happy and make the album flow better. might also add another song if there's space.....
it's real sweetre albumn: i made an executive decision to axe 'did you see the words' (sorry dutch), but i'm including band of horses which was an excellent dutch contribution. i'm substituting a simon & garfunkel song which was suggested by both LLY and LG so this should make more people happy and make the album flow better. might also add another song if there's space.....
Dutch gets first pick, but if he does not show up I propose we vote. I suggest everyone votes for "Sunken Treasure" by Wilco.
Dutch gets first pick, but if he does not show up I propose we vote. I suggest everyone votes for "Sunken Treasure" by Wilco.
well, the wangs have it. really wanna churn this out tonight because if i don't it won't get done til tuesday. and yes i love aimee mann.
Also, does anybody have a copy of any of Truckasaurus's stuff? I just heard "Fak!!" for the first time, and saw the video, and it is awesome, but I can't find it anywhere.
saw an album on what.cd, i'll grab it for you eventually
well, the wangs have it. really wanna churn this out tonight because if i don't it won't get done til tuesday. and yes i love aimee mann.saw an album on what.cd, i'll grab it for you eventually
Doesn't matter. Just pick whatever you want. Nobody will care as long as the song doesn't suck. As far as Truckasaurus goes, I'll probably be able to find a copy floating around somewhere soon, but if you happen to grab a copy and happen to upload, I'll happen to thank you. Eventually.
I was real disappointed no one asked me to send a song. I was 100% going to mis-id3 tag a tiny tim song.
If you do this joke, the correct choice is, has always been, and forever will be:Jewels (aka Allen Iverson)- 40 BarsThe greatest lyric ever written: "Everybody stay fly, get money, kill, and fuck bitches."I've discussed this at length, but Allen Iverson's blanket advocacy for killing has to be one of the two or three hundred greatest things I've ever heard of. I am listening to Albumn now, and I'll suggest I made the most... non-standard... selections. I think my songs stick out more than anybody else's, which is (hopefully) not too awful for everyone. I chose noisy, layered songs, which might not feel too autumnal to most, but I think that's kinda cool, too hear what everyone else hears. The My Morning Jacket, Beatles, and KOC calls were particularly sharp, now that I listen.EDIT- I suggested two songs with female vocalists. Are those the only two on the CD? (checks really quick) Yup. Sure are. What does that even mean?