• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

today's playlist:digitalism - idealismdamero - happy in greyicarus - syltjean jacques perr & luke vibert - moog acidvladislav delay - whistleblowerworld's end girlfriend - hurtbreak wonderland

I just picked up the National's first two albums: Their self-titled debut and Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers. Not as polished as their later stuff but still worth picking up. I just discovered The National after hearing all the acclaim for Boxer and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite bands.

This is one of those threads I check every now and then but have never posted in so forgive me if you guys all know this. Erik (DDIDM) turned me on to a site called pandora.com. Its a free site where you can enter an artist and it will play not only songs from that artist but also artists from the same genre. You can skip thru songs by "dislike". Do no use the skip button because it only lets you skip so many per hour.Its great for checking out new bands you have never heard of very quickly. I've also found bands I never would have known about if it wasn't for this site.Again, sorry if this is common knowledge for some of you music buffs, but i thought I would throw it out there.pandora

This is one of those threads I check every now and then but have never posted in so forgive me if you guys all know this. Erik (DDIDM) turned me on to a site called pandora.com. Its a free site where you can enter an artist and it will play not only songs from that artist but also artists from the same genre. You can skip thru songs by "dislike". Do no use the skip button because it only lets you skip so many per hour.Its great for checking out new bands you have never heard of very quickly. I've also found bands I never would have known about if it wasn't for this site.Again, sorry if this is common knowledge for some of you music buffs, but i thought I would throw it out there.pandora
Yea, every few months or so there's a new thread/post talking about this site. It is nice though.

I decided to come out of retirement for one post to say:

Ricardo VillalobosRicardo VillalobosRicardo VillalobosRicardo VillalobosRicardo Villalobos
mk knows what he's talking about. As you were. Faggots. Wang
I decided to come out of retirement for one post to say: mk knows what he's talking about. As you were. Faggots. Wang
Yeah, I'm way ups into Ricky, 'yo.Also, as my original Hold Steady guy, are you into Lifter Puller at all? Pitchfork told me it was bad, so I was expecting the worst, but I'm really liking a lot of it, with recognition that it's almost solely because I like Hold Steady so much. And if that's really your final post...you were fat, anyway.
I decided to come out of retirement for one post to say: mk knows what he's talking about.
say it ain't so? you slide easily into mk's top 5 all-time fcpers.and. thanks.

my sleep schedule is totally jacked so i'm gonna try to reboot by staying up all day.i'm gonna start pounding coffee and try to write and record a bunch of music.in my delirium i may post some stuff.

my sleep schedule is totally jacked so i'm gonna try to reboot by staying up all day.i'm gonna start pounding coffee and try to write and record a bunch of music.in my delirium i may post some stuff.
Wow, I'm also staying up all night. I'm so screwed. When I come on to post around 6-7am EST, I'm just getting back from back-room poker games, generally, or I'm just still up. I go to bed around noon, if I don't have anything to do, so when I do, I just stay up a little longer. But now I have jury duty, which means I'm going to have to stay up all through the night, then I may have to maintain a human schedule for a week or so. It's already starting to suck; I hope my outrageous lies about have to work at the orphanage don't seem to contrived, and I sure hope my amorality, enjoyment of irony, and of course my sarcasm -- I hope those things aren't sought-after criteria in an unpaid cog of justice. I'm wearing my Nietzsche necktie.

Well, the good news is that I was gracefully released from my duties as an unwilling public servant. The bad news:Remember how Dutch didn't used to like the government? Well, he was wrong. He must have loved the government, because the level of hate I now feel can only exist in contrast to love: those mother-****ers stole my iPod. They stole my iPod. They said I couldn't bring it in, they told me to leave it with them, they gave me no form or anything, and now nobody knows anything. Mother-****ing ****ing ****. I'm going to show up everyday until I see that fat ****ing scrot again, and then it's game: on.****.

'A Gift' off that album is so friggin funny:I'm just a gift to the women of this worldI'm just a gift to the women of this worldResponsibility sits so hard on my shoulderLike a good wine I'm better as I grow olderAnd now I'm just a gift to the women of this worldI'm just a gift to the women of this worldI'm just a gift to the women of this worldIt's hard to settle for second bestAfter you've had meYou know that you've had the bestAnd now you knowThat I'm just a gift to the women of this worldResponsibility sits hard on my shoulderLike a good wine I'm better as I get olderAnd now I'm just a gift to the women of this worldYou knowThat I'm just a gift to the women of this worldJust a gift nowI'm just a gift to the women of this worldI'm just a gift to the women of this world