• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I'm pretty nuts for it.Someone give me something weird and awesome. Surely one of you has some kind of hipster reserves they've not been sharing, lately. Maybe something from the turn of the century; something that got lost in the shuffle, that Pitchfork forgot to tell me to listen too. No? C'mon, peoples...I'm looking at you, MK...
the avalanches get looked over a lot. theyre always fun."since i left you" is the album i have of theirs. sample-based.
the avalanches get looked over a lot. theyre always fun."since i left you" is the album i have of theirs. sample-based.
I loved that record. You guys are falling behind: I submitted the same request to my friend, and he recommended Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire, which, in the unlikely case that you haven't heard it, is absolutely unreal. 9.7/10.

I just realized that The Hold Steady recorded a record (Almost Killed Me) before Separation Sunday. I'm retarded or something. Anyway, if you're into the band, it's awesome (assuming, of course, that you somehow haven't heard it).Hi, my name is Corey, and I'm really into Hard Core.People call me "Hard Corey."Don't you hate all these clever people at clever people parties?

Ive actually gotten back into all my Linkin Park music Not sure why, just it happened to come on in shuffle and then Ive listened to all their albums anddownloaded their live in texas album I realized how good their first 2 albums were where basically every song is good

I just realized that The Hold Steady recorded a record (Almost Killed Me) before Separation Sunday. I'm retarded or something. Anyway, if you're into the band, it's awesome (assuming, of course, that you somehow haven't heard it).Hi, my name is Corey, and I'm really into Hard Core.People call me "Hard Corey."Don't you hate all these clever people at clever people parties?
got to see them live a couple months ago, they opened with that song and the whole show was really, really sweet. i'm not even a huge fan of them, but i LOVE bands that just look like they're having a great time doing what they're doing. i actually like that first album a lot more than separation sunday.
got to see them live a couple months ago, they opened with that song and the whole show was really, really sweet. i'm not even a huge fan of them, but i LOVE bands that just look like they're having a great time doing what they're doing. i actually like that first album a lot more than separation sunday.
Definitely on my list of must-catch live acts.

So all you music guys; what genre of music do you consider Maroon 5? I passiveley enjoy them, as I am getting older and having children I tend to listed to the top 20-40 stuff more and more because it is less offesnive (for the most part) and I dont have to worry about changing the XM if a bad song comes on, although half the time it drives me nuts with the repetetive crap on there. (I can't pop the Wutang album in CD player and do house work anymore, jus sayin)So anyway, is it just pop, alternative, rock, dance.... something else? I cannot figure out what they would be considered.

So all you music guys; what genre of music do you consider Maroon 5? I passiveley enjoy them, as I am getting older and having children I tend to listed to the top 20-40 stuff more and more because it is less offesnive (for the most part) and I dont have to worry about changing the XM if a bad song comes on, although half the time it drives me nuts with the repetetive crap on there. (I can't pop the Wutang album in CD player and do house work anymore, jus sayin)So anyway, is it just pop, alternative, rock, dance.... something else? I cannot figure out what they would be considered.
this is really weird. i was just listening to maroon 5 for like the first time ever becuase i have to teach someone one of their guitar parts. id say pop/alternative.

goddammit. i'm having another phase where i think all new music sucks and i'm going back to the old college-year favorites. on the bright side, doing this kinda stuff reminds me how good the books are.guapo: maroon 5 is pop, imo.

goddammit. i'm having another phase where i think all new music sucks and i'm going back to the old college-year favorites. on the bright side, doing this kinda stuff reminds me how good the books are.
Ive been there for a while my friend.
Ive been there for a while my friend.
just to be clear, i'm talking about the band the books, not books like the things. although i am doing more of those as well. :club:
just to be clear, i'm talking about the band the books, not books like the things. although i am doing more of those as well. :club:
Not a huge fan, but I like some of their stuff.
Not a huge fan, but I like some of their stuff.
the lemon of pink was played virtually on repeat during my sophomore year of college, with brief interludes of low's things we lost in the fire during various breakups. :club:
I was referring to the first part of your post where you think new music sucks
I was referring to the first part of your post where you think new music sucks
haha, i figured. i just wanted to make sure.it's not that i actually think that in any sort of universal terms; i actually think it reflects more on my general state of mind than anything else, which is kinda weird.but i'm still really, really into the books these days. prefuse 73 did a remix album with them that makes me wet myself.
haha, i figured. i just wanted to make sure.it's not that i actually think that in any sort of universal terms; i actually think it reflects more on my general state of mind than anything else, which is kinda weird.but i'm still really, really into the books these days. prefuse 73 did a remix album with them that makes me wet myself.
I have no idea who the Books are. All I know is that the music today (I listen to primarily hip hop) is so watered down compared to 10 years ago. I feel like an old person, complaining about the kids devil music, lol.
I have no idea who the Books are. All I know is that the music today (I listen to primarily hip hop) is so watered down compared to 10 years ago. I feel like an old person, complaining about the kids devil music, lol.
There's plenty of real good hip hop out there now, you just have to look. A lot of it has probably been mentioned in this thread. Also, have you bothered listening to any of the Wu Tang solo efforts? They are very good, especially Ghostface's. Because I know you're a Wu Tang fan.
I enjoyed Songs About Jane very much. I have only heard the radio hits from the second album and it sounds a little boy-bandish to me. I would label them as pop.

You guys seriously liked Maroon 5? I'm I like really out-of-touch with how many level of irony hipsters are working off of, these days? Because they bore me to the point of fury. To each his own, I guess.Anyway, speaking of getting all my opinions from Pitchfork, I've been sitting on my thumbs, essentially since In Rainbows, waiting for them to tell me I like something. Well, today is that day, as I'm heavily enjoying Vampire Weekend, the highest rated album in months, I think -- maybe since Random Spirit Lover. I highly recommend, assuming I have any credibility beyond that of the people feeding me my opinions.