what news channel do you watch?

Look MK if I want to read Media Matters then I would. I want to know what you think! I think you are an intelligent person. You have more than a couple times made me go hmmm and scratch my chin. That's fun!!Reading all this other cut and past crap isn't what I come here for. You can do it all you want. I won't read it and it doesn't prove anything. Other than you know how to use the internet.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's what I think:If you want to judge bias in television news, and specifically cable news, you HAVE to look at the commentators and editorializing. For the most part, news reporting is fairly cut and dry, although you can make the case for editing, time allotments, etc. I honestly don't believe that CNN reports facts in a liberally biased manner. Fox News doesn't report facts in a biased manner for the most part, either. The example I posted of them changing AP reports to more accurately follow administration rhetoric is an exception, but perhaps you could find an example of CNN doing the same for Clinton. I don't know.The so-called liberal bias thing falls apart for me in the commentary.Conservatives claim that CNN is a liberal news network. I do not. If CNN is so liberal, how does one explain the once ubiquitous presence of Robert Novak (he left on his own accord), along with neocon virtuecrat William Bennett, National Review’s Kate O’Beirne, National Review’s Jonah Goldberg, the Weekly Standard’s (and now NYT's) David Brooks, Tucker Carlson, and the WP's Howard Kurtz, whose wife is Republican Party consultant? Also, Ann Coulter and Pat Robertson are frequent guests on many CNN shows. To find an equivalent of having the genuinely crazy Ann Coulter on CNN, we would have to put Noam Chomsky or for chrissakes, Karl Marx on Fox News. Have you ever seen him on Fox News?No, on Fox News, we see many, many, many conservative commentators and the mealy-mouthed, pussy-ass, I-give-liberals-a-bad-name Alan Colmes. When a liberal of substance is asked on a program, they are generally ganged up upon by at least 3 conservative sommentators, or their microphone is turned off once they establish the fact that their brain functions at a temperature above 67 degrees farenheit.

I wouldn't say proved wrong, I'd say posted so much material instead of links to the material that everybody got tired of sifting through it to find the actual conversation.

That's crap and you know it. He was challenged to give specific examples of how FOX is biased...and did so. The fact that his posts weren't read speaks to the fact that you guys are so caught up in your own political theories that you won't even try to give another point of view a chance. Seriously, how dumb is that? 1. "Show us proof"2. "You've shown us so much that we won't take the time to read it"I consider myself neutral (I hate die-hards on both sides and vote for the candidate not the party)...and I hereby crown mk the winner of this thread.

Okay, here's what I think:If you want to judge bias in television news, and specifically cable news, you HAVE to look at the commentators and editorializing. For the most part, news reporting is fairly cut and dry, although you can make the case for editing, time allotments, etc. I honestly don't believe that CNN reports facts in a liberally biased manner. Fox News doesn't report facts in a biased manner for the most part, either. The example I posted of them changing AP reports to more accurately follow administration rhetoric is an exception, but perhaps you could find an example of CNN doing the same for Clinton. I don't know.The so-called liberal bias thing falls apart for me in the commentary.Conservatives claim that CNN is a liberal news network. I do not. If CNN is so liberal, how does one explain the once ubiquitous presence of Robert Novak (he left on his own accord), along with neocon virtuecrat William Bennett, National Review’s Kate O’Beirne, National Review’s Jonah Goldberg, the Weekly Standard’s (and now NYT's) David Brooks, Tucker Carlson, and the WP's Howard Kurtz, whose wife is Republican Party consultant? Also, Ann Coulter and Pat Robertson are frequent guests on many CNN shows. To find an equivalent of having the genuinely crazy Ann Coulter on CNN, we would have to put Noam Chomsky or for chrissakes, Karl Marx on Fox News. Have you ever seen him on Fox News?No, on Fox News, we see many, many, many conservative commentators and the mealy-mouthed, pussy-ass, I-give-liberals-a-bad-name Alan Colmes. When a liberal of substance is asked on a program, they are generally ganged up upon by at least 3 conservative sommentators, or their microphone is turned off once they establish the fact that their brain functions at a temperature above 67 degrees farenheit.
Thank you for proving why I fucking hate Fox News

way to many words in this thread...me and my little brain are going back to the add a word thread now. I won't bother anyone of you anymore. Thanks for your time.

That's crap and you know it. He was challenged to give specific examples of how FOX is biased...and did so. The fact that his posts weren't read speaks to the fact that you guys are so caught up in your own political theories that you won't even try to give another point of view a chance. Seriously, how dumb is that? 1. "Show us proof"2. "You've shown us so much that we won't take the time to read it"I consider myself neutral (I hate die-hards on both sides and vote for the candidate not the party)...and I hereby crown mk the winner of this thread.
Discussion ends when one person stops listening...just sayin'. From this thread, I've seen..-I've seen nothing yet to show me that Fox News, as an entity, is biased. -I've seen nothing yet to show me that CNN, as an entity, is biased.-The the commentators on Fox tend to have more conservative opinions/beliefs.-The argument made the CNN is unbiased because it has Robert Novak. What? Are you kidding me? Because he is fairly representative of conservative/Republican main stream ideals....No, wrong. Is he even on CNN anymore? Didn't he get kicked off? So what about Hannity and Colmes? Is Colmes not liberal?-Nothing to show me that the reporting that Fox does is biased.-Nothing to show me that the reporting that CNN does is biased.They do the exact same thing. You just happened to agree more often with one set of commentators than the other. I can honestly tell you, I've never heard on either channel where the Iraqi people appreciate the US Troops being there--and I know that to be a fact. I have seen it inferred on one, that the Iraqi people want the troops to leave so desperately that they're willing to give up their first born--you figure out which network that was.Just sayin'..you people who fly way off the handle over someone elses' choice of freakin' cable news shows, really need to reevaluate your lives. If you take what EITHER ONE of those networks has to say at face value--you're more ignorant than anyone who chooses to watch allegedly biased programming.
-I've seen nothing yet to show me that Fox News, as an entity, is biased.
My jaw just dropped. Look, either you didn't read the articles posted or you're clueless. I don't think you're an idiot...so I'm assuming it's the former.Either way, it's pretty widely accepted that FOX is biased...what's the issue here? I don't see anything wrong with that as long as they are still reporting the facts.
-I've seen nothing yet to show me that Fox News, as an entity, is biased.
My jaw just dropped. Look, either you didn't read the articles posted or you're clueless. I don't think you're an idiot...so I'm assuming it's the former.Either way, it's pretty widely accepted that FOX is biased...what's the issue here? I don't see anything wrong with that as long as they are still reporting the facts.
I didn't go over each article with a fine tooth comb, word for word, looking for situations of bias--but I did skim over them. I think it's very likely we have different definitions of bias--or how it affects a news team/channel.Bias to me infers that I'm recieving inaccurate information beacuse of pre-existing conditions in the source of the news that prohibit them from accurately presenting the information--OR, that I'm recieving information that has been selectively cut and trimmed to be shown in the best light possible because of pre-existing conditions within the source of the information.Honestly, Is that what it means to you? Or are we talking about two different things?I'd also argue that it's NOT widely accepted that FOX is biased. It may be widely accepted by liberals, but, I think it's a bit silly to say that it's widely accepted. I also think it's silly to argue whether or not it's widely accepted, as that's not something that's easily proven.
Here's what you conservatives all need to understand. Your perspective has become so skewed that unless something is dripping with conservative bias, you cry, "LIBERAL MEDIA!!!" which means if something is ACTUALLY fair or balanced, you think it's slanted to the left, and you view things that are OOZING with conservative bias as fair and balanced.As the genius Stephen Colbert said, "It's the facts, John, that are biased."
Hey MK, I am just trying too look up the dresses of the females on Fox and friends in the morning. If I really want too know the news, I read the National Inquirer. Who cares about the "News" when you have beautiful women too water over. Makes me honey thinking about them. I hope they have Kiren tomorrow morning.
No, on Fox News, we see many, many, many conservative commentators and the mealy-mouthed, pussy-ass, I-give-liberals-a-bad-name Alan Colmes. When a liberal of substance is asked on a program, they are generally ganged up upon by at least 3 conservative sommentators, or their microphone is turned off once they establish the fact that their brain functions at a temperature above 67 degrees farenheit.
With statements like that I didn't see the point.

MK, holding down the fort. You killed, kid.I'm not gonna join, because everyone probably knows where I stand, but MK's ability to cogently and coldly distribute facts is, in short, Da bomb-dizzle.Wang

I swear that some conservatives just want to feel like victims to the liberals. they say that the liberal media controls america, even tho the republicans now control the judicial, the legislative, and the executive branches of government. i honestly do not believe that CNN is even a little biased. i think fox news is, but i dont really think it is that big of deal that they are, since they make it so obvious. the only liberal ever on there is alan colmes! that guy is such a pussy! he needs to grow some stones. its pathetic
-The argument made the CNN is unbiased because it has Robert Novak. What? Are you kidding me? Because he is fairly representative of conservative/Republican main stream ideals....No, wrong.
If anything, he's far more conservative than the average Republican. I think the question Bob Novak asks himself every morning when he looks in the mirror is, "How many puppies am I willing to drown for a tax cut?"
No, on Fox News, we see many, many, many conservative commentators and the mealy-mouthed, pussy-ass, I-give-liberals-a-bad-name Alan Colmes. When a liberal of substance is asked on a program, they are generally ganged up upon by at least 3 conservative sommentators, or their microphone is turned off once they establish the fact that their brain functions at a temperature above 67 degrees farenheit.
With statements like that I didn't see the point.
Are you saying you disagree with this? Have you ever seen a partisan discussion on Fox News where it wasn't abundantly clear which side is supposed to win?
So what about Hannity and Colmes? Is Colmes not liberal?
Calling Hannity and Colmes a fair fight is like saying Mike Tyson circa 1987 vs. my dead grandmother is a fair fight.1.) Colmes is a self-described "moderate".2.) Colmes has the debating prowess of a large sock filled with horse manure.3.) Hannity is telegenic, loud, and plugged into the GOP leadership.You'd be hard pressed to find a less liberal Dem than Colmes, though weepin' Joe Lieberman comes immediately to mind.