• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

Oh Oh, one other thing about Nik's reading list:I always intended to read the LOTR trilogy. I truly wanted to do it before the movies came out. They are here. Ozzy owns several editions of them, including a lovely leatherbound volume. Someday I will read them.Perhaps when you and I are lazing our days away in Paris, Nik?

Oh Oh, one other thing about Nik's reading list:I always intended to read the LOTR trilogy. I truly wanted to do it before the movies came out. They are here. Ozzy owns several editions of them, including a lovely leatherbound volume. Someday I will read them.Perhaps when you and I are lazing our days away in Paris, Nik?
Phew.I was worried that I was the only one around here that hadn't read those books.
Sounds good. We can sit in the park behind Notre Dame in the Spring and bask in the lovely weather. Or we can read to each other in Les Tulleries after browsing Le Louvre. Then we can go to the Ile St. Louis and visit Berthillion for the best ice cream in the world, hands down. After that we will find an outdoor cafe somewhere fun to watch people and drink wine and smoke cigarettes and act quintessentially French. I can't wait.
Question for discussion:Are IQ tests geared for or tailored for any certain group within the population or is the test an adequate measure of intelligence?
I think that they end up favoring certain segments unintentionally. Personally, I think it's silly to try to simplify intelligence down to a single number. Some people are more skilled with spatial thinking and others are more skilled with logical thinking (or verbal, or whatever). To have an IQ implies an implicit value judgement about the relative value of those talents.Even supposing you can measure intelligence on a linear scale, what are we supposed to do with that information?
Also, how the hell is Catcher in the Rye not on that list?????
I haven't read that one. I need to. There's a guy in a Verizon commericial that says, "Yeah,yeah, yeah!" just like Ozzy.
I love Catcher in the Rye.
Sounds good. We can sit in the park behind Notre Dame in the Spring and bask in the lovely weather. Or we can read to each other in Les Tulleries after browsing Le Louvre. Then we can go to the Ile St. Louis and visit Berthillion for the best ice cream in the world, hands down. After that we will find an outdoor cafe somewhere fun to watch people and drink wine and smoke cigarettes and act quintessentially French. I can't wait.
That sounds wonderful. I'm going to wear a beret.
I think that they end up favoring certain segments unintentionally. Personally, I think it's silly to try to simplify intelligence down to a single number. Some people are more skilled with spatial thinking and others are more skilled with logical thinking (or verbal, or whatever). To have an IQ implies an implicit value judgement about the relative value of those talents.Even supposing you can measure intelligence on a linear scale, what are we supposed to do with that information?
I don't know you very much man, but you can't really talk like that. That being said, I agree 100%.
I feel like we're so smart today. Where'd everybody go? Let's keep being smart. Somebody answer Ivan Greg's question. I don't know enough about IQ tests to comment intelligently.
I don't know a whole lot about them, but I think they probably do a fairly decent job of measuring intelligence. I wouldn't put too much into the free ones on the internet though
Oh Oh, one other thing about Nik's reading list:I always intended to read the LOTR trilogy. I truly wanted to do it before the movies came out. They are here. Ozzy owns several editions of them, including a lovely leatherbound volume. Someday I will read them.
I read The Hobbit as a kid. When Dave and I got married we read The Hobbit to each other. We then progressed to the LOTR Trilogy. Reading to each other when we got a spare moment, it took us almost 7 years. We recently finished that Banker, Suicide King Book.
Jesus Christ.Nik was right, you are fuckin' smart.
I read The Hobbit as a kid. When Dave and I got married we read The Hobbitto each other. We then progressed to the LOTR Trilogy. Reading to each other when we got a spare moment, it took us almost 7 years. We recently finished that Banker, Suicide King Book.
The Professor, The Banker and the Suicide King is one of the best books I have read in recent years. Great content and very well written.
Okay, here we go. What does that mean? I've never heard it.Ahhh I soooo love a learning environment. I wish I could quit my job and just go to school all day. But I don't want to do homework. I just wanna learn stuff I find interesting. Let's start a compound and I'll do that. Jeff and I will hang out in the library and edjumacate ourselves all day.
A) is edjumacte a euphamism for something dirty?ii) If it's not, can we work some dirty stuff in there?
That sounds wonderful. I'm going to wear a beret.
I love it.They loved 2 kiss on the steps of VersaillesIt looked like rain, mama, birds do flyI love u baby, I love u so much,maybe we can stay in touchMeet me in another world, space and joy,vous etes tres belle, mama...
The Professor, The Banker and the Suicide King is one of the best books I have read in recent years. Great content and very well written.
QFT. I couldn't put that book down. Excellent read.
Get Animal Farm while you're at it. Also Orwell.Watership Down is a fascinating read, as well.
I enjoyed Animal Farm.
Instead of reading 1984 they made you watch Godfather?
I just took care of the requirement a couple of weeks ago. good stuff
Okay, Madame Nikki's required reading list
Was gonna respond to each book but that would take a while. Suffice it to say I haven't heard of most of them, but I have also read some of them
Wait, I've done something you haven't??? WOO HOO!!!! VINDICATION BABY!!!!! :D:club: please just let me bask in this small victory.
Tell me about what games you play or would like to play. You're interested in Omaha. PLO high? O/8 limit?
i want to start playing some stud...the game i used to play...I have SSII. is that a good start?

Tonight, while playing a tournament and taking the online driving course, I am trolling for men on myspace. I just found a profile of a guy that use to hang out in the same crowd as me about 10 years ago. I use to think he was a hottie.

Ahhhh. The poker gods have smiled on me tonight.This was a turbo. When it was 4 handed, blinds at 100/200, I had 225 chips left.PokerStars Tournament #24580499, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $6.00/$0.509 playersTotal Prize Pool: $54.00 Tournament started - 2006/05/11 - 20:39:25 (ET)Dear crazyIvan60, You finished the tournament in 1st place.A $27.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.Congratulations!Thank you for participating.