official grand tournament v thread

Alright kids, let's keep it clean. Keep all posts about GTV in this thread, all hits above the belt, and no ear biting. I want a good clean fight. Let's get it on!Really though, post your updates here. Since I won my seat on PokerRoom, I'll be hosting an AIM chat for me and whoever else wants it.Who else is in?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting that they decided to run this as a 1 day tournament instead of the normal 2 days for this, long haul ahead for whoever is playing in this.
The better part is that they didn't say it until last Tuesday. Up until then it was promoted as a two-day event.
Was thinking of signing up, ill make a last miture descision.  BTW, how long does this thing take? 19 hours, you guys serious?
Yeah. I think it will take 15-20 hours or more. They changed it from one day to two days without changing the starting chips or length of the levels.

I tried qualifying all day yesterday and would always get cold friggin carded in the $120 sng..any backers? :club: anyhoo..GL, Ill be railing as I play (and secretly hoping you bust early, out of pure jelousy) and Ill be rooting for you.j/k on the busting part...im only a little jelouse...not enough to make me want to see you fail though. :-)

god damnit "thedonator" 13 and "c-donkey" were playing all the qualifiers w/ me last night..thedonator13 in the $120 called off 3k chips at the 10/20 level w/ 7c4c on a AcQs10d6c board..a few hands later he gave all his chips away. so hopefully one of u gets him at ur table

Just watching zimmer play and its seems he plays 4 out of every 5 hands i know the guy is good ive seen him before Just curious to his style is he trying to see flops cheap with really marginal hands and hope to hit big as the blinds are small or does he play this style throughout a whole tourney Just asking out of personal curiousity

I'm completely against this tournament....because I'm not in this tournament...so i do not support this tournament at all....in fact I hate this tournament.....where would you be without me to contribute my great wealth of knowledge?

custom, what table are you at?
Wilkes Barre7325 at first break.Only real big hand...25/50 blinds, I have TTUTG (loose/stupid) bets t200, I call, MP2 (worse than UTG) makes it t900, UTG calls, I callFlop: 7-A-9Check aroundTurn: 7Check aroundRiver (2775): xUTG bets 1000, I call, mp2 foldsUTG shows AA
custom, what table are you at?
Wilkes Barre7325 at first break.Only real big hand...25/50 blinds, I have TTUTG (loose/stupid) bets t200, I call, MP2 (worse than UTG) makes it t900, UTG calls, I callFlop: 7-A-9Check aroundTurn: 7Check aroundRiver (2775): xUTG bets 1000, I call, mp2 foldsUTG shows AA
assuming you're kman36