you've all seen this a million times: some sucker calls a big bet pre-flop and goes on to suck out on the river when his 6 kicker hits for 2 pair. Someone inevitably types, "nh" into the chat box. Which of course stands for "nice hand." They did nothing "nice" that hand! I'm all for taking a bad beat with a shrug or even "NF" for "nice flop" or "nice catch", at least those make sense. I'm really annoyed with NH. what's better? "NL" for "nice luck," perhaps? Anyway.....

It's more of a SW to the other person on how they played the hand, or what they had to win the hand. The only time I use 'nh" is when someone had a crappy hand, and got real lucky to win, or someone has a huge hand (four of a kind, straight flush)

you've all seen this a million times:  some sucker calls a big bet pre-flop and goes on to suck out on the river when his 6 kicker hits for 2 pair.  Someone inevitably types, "nh" into the chat box.  Which of course stands for "nice hand."  They did nothing "nice" that hand!  I'm all for taking a bad beat with a shrug or even "NF" for "nice flop" or "nice catch", at least those make sense.  I'm really annoyed with NH.  what's better?  "NL" for "nice luck," perhaps?  Anyway.....
relax...happens all the time and it also might give you an idea as to their level of play...treat every bit of info you get on your opponents as gold...it will payoff in the long run... GL and NH :twisted:

I'd say it's only sarcastic half the time at best. I think the rest of the time people who type it actually think, "wow, he hit two pair on the river ... (nod silently at their computer) ... that's a pretty good hand." then tell the guy.Or maybe I just have pessimistic attitude.

what i don't understand is why people get complimented on their hand when the cards dealt to them are COMPLETELY RANDOM.I prefer np (nice play), or nc (nice catch) for stupid suckouts...but by all means type nh to fish so they keep playing their trash

you've all seen this a million times:  some sucker calls a big bet pre-flop and goes on to suck out on the river when his 6 kicker hits for 2 pair.  Someone inevitably types, "nh" into the chat box.  Which of course stands for "nice hand."  They did nothing "nice" that hand!  I'm all for taking a bad beat with a shrug or even "NF" for "nice flop" or "nice catch", at least those make sense.  I'm really annoyed with NH.  what's better?  "NL" for "nice luck," perhaps?  Anyway.....
NH

I bet I'll hear someone say "NH" (Not "Nice Hand", literally N.H.) at a live game in the next two months. And they'll think they're being cute. What'll piss me off about it though is when someone else at the table sincerely laughs.

i like to type "nh" after someone plays a really bad hand and catches gold with it, just to see what their response is. they're usually pretty good.

what i don't understand is why people get complimented on their hand when the cards dealt to them are COMPLETELY RANDOM.I prefer np (nice play), or nc (nice catch) for stupid suckouts...but by all means type nh to fish so they keep playing their trash
I bet I'll hear someone say "NH" (Not "Nice Hand", literally N.H.) at a live game in the next two months.  And they'll think they're being cute.  What'll censored me off about it though is when someone else at the table sincerely laughs.
You fantasize about getting ticked off.
you're a fish...worry more about poker and less about chat...
you're a fish...worry more about poker and less about chat...
thanks. That adds a lot. I think the social aspect of poker is interesting as is how these things like "nh" develop online.
NP (Nice Post) :club:

I was just thinking the thing, its so overused and ridiculous and it always seems to be used really inappropriately. I just saw a bad case of it, me and my best friend were talking about how crazy some online strategy and he says to me ahve u played a free money game in recent history, after I said no he bet me $50 if we sat at the same free NL HE table on ub, he could get further in a 10 person sit and go than I could. So I accepted the 1st hand had 2 runners not me or my mate, flop A 10 J and 2 guys are betting into each other till they end up all in, it gets turned over to be A 7 versus A 3, split pot and some other person at the table goes "nh" then types again with "I would have played that exactly the same"Oh well they are learners on those tables so u can't hammer them too hard but it was pretty funny

I hate "gg" worse than "nh". At least saying nice hand recognizes that your hand was good before they sucked out.Tonight in a 180-man stars sng I got knocked out after calling a guy's all in reraise with aces, he had queens and hit a set. All I got was a "gg" as if to say he knew his hand would be best. Arrogant little mfer..