im freaking out i can't handle this anymore

ha, 87.5 BBs is nothing, all I can say is don't ever play short handed if you can't take this
I was playing shorthanded maybe thats part of the reason. I know i should expect these fluctuations but i still find it hard somtimes.
Doesnt matter,87 Is NOTHING!!,You need to stop playing poker if u cant take a 87BB downswing.I've had my c0ck not work for two months straight., now thats fun!
FYPIt's true. It's why we broke up.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ha, 87.5 BBs is nothing, all I can say is don't ever play short handed if you can't take this
I was playing shorthanded maybe thats part of the reason. I know i should expect these fluctuations but i still find it hard somtimes.
Doesnt matter,87 Is NOTHING!!,You need to stop playing poker if u cant take a 87BB downswing.I've had my c0ck not work for two months straight., now thats fun!
FYPIt's true. It's why we broke up.
what did i tell u about this?you put too much pressure on me.
LIMIT POKER SUCKS. I was watching Spirit Rock and Matusow play the other day. Someone asked Spirit Rock if he ever plays in the big game with Doyle and all those guys or maybe it was "If he would ever play...." . He said that he wouldn't ever play in the big game because those guys play limit poker and limit poker is for suckers. haha I couldn't agree with him more.
bahahahahaha

This game is full of ups and downs, and they are made worse by playing at limits that your bankroll can't handle, which I do alot, because I like to gamble- so, my bankroll fluctuates hardcore week to week, and I tend to either make huge scores or huge losses, which is my version of consistency. Having said that the mental stress this induces can be overwhelming, so make sure your bills are paid first, make sure responsibilities are taken care of, and then if you love the game as much as I do just play, and have a drink when you need it and take a nap when your body tells you its time to sleep and. Also, mantain a job. It's a nice distraction.

Alright, it has been said before in this thread, but needs to be said again.DO NOT PLAY WHEN YOU'RE ON TILT. More often then not, you'll just end up down even more (sometimes way more) then before. Take a breather, hot/cold shower, drop quarters on the ground and look up girls skirts, etc.

stop for awhile, keep playing, wait for at least a few more equally bad downswings, then you won't care that much. Earlier this week I lost 75BB in one session at 2/4 6max. I went to bed, got up, played PLO and full ring all week and got it back.

stop for awhile, keep playing, wait for at least a few more equally bad downswings, then you won't care that much. Earlier this week I lost 75BB in one session at 2/4 6max. I went to bed, got up, played PLO and full ring all week and got it back.

LIMIT POKER SUCKS. I was watching Spirit Rock and Matusow play the other day. Someone asked Spirit Rock if he ever plays in the big game with Doyle and all those guys or maybe it was "If he would ever play...." . He said that he wouldn't ever play in the big game because those guys play limit poker and limit poker is for suckers. haha I couldn't agree with him more.
OH man... I love your blog...
i never actually know if theredpill99 is serious...hopefully he isnt
It's a bit of a mystery isn't it? If he's really just some HILARIOUS dude messin around then I think its great! If he's really the weirdo depressed sociopath that he purports to be... even better! Either way I love it!
It's a bit of a mystery isn't it? If he's really just some HILARIOUS dude messin around then I think its great! If he's really the weirdo depressed sociopath that he purports to be... even better! Either way I love it!
I keep picturing Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison
Try 260BB at 20/40 over a 3 day period, while playing close to your A game.  That will hurt worse than losing your appendix!
I actually had to use a piece of paper and multiply 260*40I got $10,400dripdripdripI'm kidding of course. Except for the math.
Try 260BB at 20/40 over a 3 day period, while playing close to your A game.  That will hurt worse than losing your appendix!
What do you do when you go on a run like that? At what point do you drop down to a lower level, and what do you move down to? I'm just curious to see how a successful player manages his bankroll. That has been the biggest leak in my poker game thus far, and I'm trying to patch it. Any information you're willing to provide would be appreciated.
I keep picturing Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison
only instead of laying on his couch applying makeup, plotting the deaths of those who've wronged him .. hes playing online poker stuffing his face with "dozens of donuts, nachos, cheese dip, and coca cola"
Im literally have a nervous breakdown. My roomates probably think im crazy. Im censored snapping. I hate this censored game. playing 2/4 and i can't get anything going im on the coldest deck of my life im on a 87.5 BB down  streak right now and i can't get out of it that fact that im on super tilt isn't helping the situation. Anyone been thats been through this have any tips cause if i don't get out of this soon im gonna blow through my entire bankroll. I feel absoulutely sick. And now im question whether everything ive made is a fluke. Any tips would help right now.
Sorry but not that bad. WHen you get to 200 and above post about your downswings. You should have had at least one by now if you are at 2/4. If you havent then you have been running good for awhile. Drop down until regain confidence.
get drunk then play some NL, try to go allin preflop with a decent hand and win it all back.
DO NOT listen to this complete idiot....
yeah, seriously. YOu would probably be better playing blackjack at Party Poker then doing that.Take a break, go back down to the lower limits, and grind. That's what I usually try to do, and everytime I do, I find myself building more than losing because I get back to basics.

Standard bankroll for winning players who don't want to go broke is 500BB for 6 max games, 300BB for full ring. I doubt you would have been quite as pissed if you had a $2000 roll. I know that has helped my tiltish tendencies.Looking back at my biggest downswings lately....107BB in 6 max 10/30/05.... largest one since I started playing a lot in April. I cringe when thinking about a real downswing.

To the OP,Whatever thought you may have ever had about earning a living playing poker - destroy it.You are not psychologically strong enough to succeed in the poker world over the long term. Play recreationally and focus on some other career.

Yeah so instead of taking all of your advice i chose the worst possible solution to the problem. I decided to play at a higher limit. Yeah i know im smart thanks. Can anyone guess what happened. You would think it would be bye bye bankroll. But no fortunately I managed to keep it together and go on a 20 big blind tear at 5/10. Yeah i know it was really stupid but it did get me over the extreme rage im in a great mood now. Although i will be going back down to 2/4. i think my bankroll is a good enough size for 2/4. its about 1000. anyone have any comments on that. I think its more that i just get really frustrated when i go on these runs than it is my bankroll i just feel completly helpless. Thanks for the support. Look for future editions on Nritchi3 snaps on FCP poker forum
It's not as good of a solution as taking time off, but this actually does work.It's not that moving up limits will be easier because other people play better. (It won't.) However, it does force you to get off tilt when you're playing with money that seriously affects your bankroll. Also, you don't feel all depressed thinking something like "I'll have to work for a week just to get back to where I was". Instead you're just thinking, "yes, one big score and I'm right back in business".