poker music

Hello People. I'm a music lover and poker player. Just wondering if anyone has music to recommend as to what might be called "good" poker music. For instance, so far I really like the work of a group called "Snow Patrol" which I very much enjoy as accompaniment to my poker experience. Anyone else have any favorites ? style? band names ? This could get interesting. Unless of course we've already exhausted this topic elsewhere on the site....in which case I'm retarded...sorry. L dawg

Hello People.  I'm a music lover and poker player. Just wondering if anyone has music to recommend as to what might be called "good" poker music.  For instance, so far I really like the work of a group called "Snow Patrol" which I very much enjoy as accompaniment to my poker experience. Anyone else have any favorites ? style? band names ? This could get interesting.  Unless of course we've already exhausted this topic elsewhere on the site....in which case I'm retarded...sorry. L dawg
I recommend soothing music, like waterfalls and rainforest sounds. It always calms me and helps me focus.

I've been listening to Story of the Year's new album a lot lately. Also I'm really into Underoath, Beloved, and Alexisonfire. I have all of those bands on my MP3 player and just listen to that stuff when I play.

I agree with the earlier bands, Underoath and Story of the Year... but a bad beat can send you over the edge listening to some of their songs... and OAR and Kenny Rogers are also good, also i like to listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers they give me a good vibe. However, if you want to listen to something other than music I would suggest George Carlin. I listened to him while playing the other night took a few bad beats and they did not faze me at all because i was too busy laughing... that guy is hilarious!

I like to listen to mostly two things.1) Led Zeppelin. You can't go wrong with classic rock. Good tunes that you can listen to subconsciously without losing focus on the cards.2) Cake. Feel good, happy, positive and mellow. All things I like my music to have when I'm trying to play a game of skill.

I thought I had replied to this last night, but now it's nowhere to be found. My list includes Matisyahu, Coheed & Cambria, Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, The Decemberists, Dashboard Confessional, Tenacious D, Dane Cook's Stand Up, Matchbook Romance, The Used, and Bright Eyes. It all depends on the mood I'm in or want to get in for that matter.