"high stakes poker: final day"

What do you know, a good player logs in a win! All you nay-sayers that were freaking out so much over the last two days need to chillax. DN came through. I'm not saying that his loss over the other two days was small, but I hope this win helps you see a little bit more long term. DN didn't go into the third game completely scared that he was going to log another looser and be broke otherwise he would have done just that. He did exactly what he said he was going to do in the post from the second day: "There is just nothing you can really do about getting unlucky other than holding your head high and focusing on the fact that you played well." I think he did just that and went into this game focussed and determined that he would play well again. Without that mental edge I don't know if we would be reading a story about winning nearly a half a million dollars right now. Congradulations Daniel.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I want to say congats to daniel , sounds like the final day was a big one and you didnt have an unlucky break (or atleast not too many) keep up the good work

I'm looking forward to seeing this show on GSN. Based on the way Daniel wrote about the event, the taped footage must be some of the best out there.Just imagine the look on Antonio's face after he takes his second beat in a game that is expensive for him. Of the Phil blowups. That should be classic.Great three blogs daniel!

What's with putting these poker shows on the GSN? I don't understand why ESPN hasn't developed a weekly show that would air when the WSOP isn't on. It would be cool to have poker on every Tuesday night on ESPN with different formats like this "high-limit" event.I want poker. I want it on channels I get. And I want it now!Sounds pretty whiny but I can't get enough of TV poker, especially when DN is winning and losing hundreds of thousands of HIS OWN MONEY on TV. How fun is that!

Nice job DN! Maybe some ppl in here will get off your back now, hehe. I loved haering about the Adventures of hil, anytime he loses it makes for good television. And as for him losing a lot of his money, what goes around comes around!

Congrats Daniel on stopping the bleeding.I've been wondering when they were going to start televising cash games. It just seems they can be way more entertaining for a few reasons.1. Lotsa of money..and chips represent real money.2. The best players at every seat(as opposed to a tourney where there might be one or two or none).3. More aggresive playing style, lost a of postflop play.Couple questions.Did Ivey play?Why did all the guys go after Hellmuth? Does he annoy the other pros as much as the general population?First post btw. Big Fan, Danny. Keep sharp, hopefully things will turn around on the tourney front.

The players attack Phil because it's all about money. Push Phil's buttons a little bit and he gets steamed up. Then he starts playing horribly and giving his money away. All of the other players were regular cash game players and know Phil's weaknessess'. That, and the fact that Phil makes himself the target for ridicule because of the things that come out of his mouth. He was the 8th best player at the table, but was telling everybody how he was going to crush them, etc.

I laugh whenever I watch Phil play on T.V. and he gets so angry at himself. It seems like he is about to cry. Unfotunately I am only 17 so I can't really play with him. :cry:

Phil definately adds a needed ingredient ...he plays the loser role just as well or even better than Matasow.Would love to see more of Gus Hansen on these shows?..but I hear some what of a recluse...am i wrong..

Ummm...  8th best Hold 'Em player at the table?  What a joke...
who said anything about Hold 'em? Although Phil H. would still probably be outside of my top 8 hold em players in cash games based on what we've read.

I really wish I could get GSN. I went to their site a while ago. I must have registered on the site, I have no clue why. They sent me a happy birthday email. Kind of funny, since I can't see any of their programming.Anyway, I hope GSN is smart enoght to put their poker shows on DVD. I know I would buy it.Or, maybe they can talk to Brighthouse in Central Florida and get Brighthouse to start airing their channel. I can think of lots of channels I will be more than willing to give up. Like, who watches the Animal Channel anyway? Anyway, I am going to send a letter to my cable company right now instead of complaining on a forum.

in cash games phil is a jopke
thats not true. in the "big game" yes he is. playing 50/100 on UB, hes def. not. I've seen him and hes no joke. He would crush you unless you got him on tilt and then you would take all his money.