is it ever right to not raise with aa in lhe?

He is right though.
He's not right.Aces perform better in multiway pots relative to lower pocket pairs like 9's through j's.It should have been very clear to all but complete moron's that i wasnt suggesting you limp with aces.Im saying that the raise is for value, not to isolate. You want everyone calling, unlike with something like 9's through j's where you may actually lose expected value by having it 4 way for 1 bet instead of heads up for 2. With 10's, you raise to both isolate and for value. With aces, you raise only for value. You want everyone cold calling you. With 10's, you probably _dont_ want to be OOP when people behind you have overcards. With aces, you obviously dont _want_ to be OOP, but you should gladly accept their calls.You want multiway pots with aces, because multiway pots means more people cold calling your bets with vastly inferior hands that you're not (hugely) vulnerable to. Like i said, if you're ever playing in a game where you _need_ to limp in early position to get any action, you're either not raising enough or you're playing at a table that's way too tight.
WITHOUT QUESTION. I was simply saying that unimproved aces are very vulnerable in multiway pots. Even more so in small stakes games.
It should also be noted that, unlike something like pocket jacks, pocket aces DO perform well in multi way pots.
:roll:
Thanks for your deep insight.
He is right though.
He couldn't be more wrong.Pocket aces play better multiway than anything else. Better than AKs, JTs, and much better than JJ.

the only time I've never not capped with AA is when I've been on the button in a shorthanded game, I raise and the SB 3 bets, I will call(sometimes) depending on the player in the SB to add deception and pick up more bets on the turn and river than I would have if I would have capped and let the player know that I've got a good hand, meh.

the only time I've never not capped with AA is when I've been on the button in a shorthanded game, I raise and the SB 3 bets, I will call(sometimes) depending on the player in the SB to add deception and pick up more bets on the turn and river than I would have if I would have capped and let the player know that I've got a good hand, meh.
This sums it up. Only slowplay aces if the added deception will let you make more than if you played them fast.
WITHOUT QUESTION. I was simply saying that unimproved aces are very vulnerable in multiway pots. Even more so in small stakes games.
They're less vulnerable than you think.The decrease in your probability of winning with aces as more people enter the pot is less significant than most every other hand.
This sums it up. Only slowplay aces if the added deception will let you make more than if you played them fast.
Or if you're getting way too much respect for your EP raises. You then proceed to find a softer table, as soon as the BB gets to you.

Unless you’re setting a trap for a maniac who has already opened up the pot you raise with aces every time preflop. Why would you let someone draw out on you for free? You are making a huge mistake that will cost a huge amount of money long term by not betting and raising preflop.

Ok so none of you play limit. A triple raise is when you make a reraise on a player
that's quite a sweeping accusation.Just because we are too ignorant to know what a Triple Raise is doesn't mean we don't play Limit.Can you do a Double Bet if a Pair is showing on the Board?Or is that just in Stud?

Funny you should ask. You can actually ONLY double bet if a pair is showing.Single bets are usually reserved for unpaired boards (i say usually because there are some exceptions, like if your opponent isnt protecting his cards with a chip). The rules vary from card room to card room.

To respond to the OP...The question is effectively, does your limp disguise your hand often enough to get paid with AA moreso than simply raising preflop to get paid?The answer, effectively, is this: you need to be raising more hands from late position.AA is very, very powerful. Short-handed, or multiway, AND in position, for all those different reasons your AA is EVEN STRONGER than it is at other times... like the times you got it cracked.Raising is right. Calling can still win you the pot, but you'll win less than if you'd raised. And if you raise and it knocks out 94o and 28o, that ain't bad either.

I can think of only two situations where won't raise with them.One is when I'm very confident a successful check raise.Like when I'm at a crazy agressive table, I know there will be many raises anyway, and I feel like a little deception.You guys ever play in lower level sngs, where you can run into one or two habitual raisers? I mean they literally raise even chance they get, to the river, regardless of how the board evolves?After a few rounds, people get irked and start cold calling them to show down with marginal hands.I like to get stuck between two of these guys, and have fun when I get the beautiful AA. Fly under the radar, only calling to the capped bets.Once flopped a boat, and the raisers didnt slow down a bit...bless their little hearts!Sometimes, on the river, if I feel one of em may slow down, then I raise.Then the irked people are even more "irked."Makes for some interesting table chemsitry.

Limping can also be right if you have the brand of maniac to your left that will always raise if people limp to him, but will fold if it is raised in front. If you limp and he raise, you can 3-bet him. You also might catch some frustrated players along for the ride.

KISS , raise in that spot. Some people will raise on the button with any 2 if it's folded around, nobody is going to put you on AA. Don't fall for the fancy play syndrome and limp and let them catch hands cheaply, if you raise and only take the blinds that's not the worst thing ever.by the way KISS is keep it simple stupid, I'm not inviting Jeff to kiss me.

Here's the situation I'm thinking...You're on the button and it folds around to you. In that rare situation, i'm always afraid a raise will push out both blinds and then all i'm collecting with my 1 in 221 hand is the blinds.I know I'd rather play AA against a smaller field rather than a large one, but I'd also like to see a flop and try to garner a few bets.remember, this is LIMIT HE.Thoughts?
If you've got the desire to play the game with a little "mustard" like this, I suggest still raising PF, and IF folded to you, show your cards.Then, next time you raise on the button first-in with A8o, you might be in better shape.All told, I am always raising this. If I just win the blinds instead of BB with T8o catching a draw on the flop and hitting his hand, I'm okay with that. If T8o is gonna catch that miracle, he's at least gonna pay me more to do it.If you raise and BB has Ace-rag, he might still call and you have his hand dominated instead of facing a limped JTs where the guy has a better shot.

Mostly good insight though I think the triple-raise concept might be a bit advanced for low limithold'em. LOL. Not a fan of the limp-reraise unless you are in a tight and very aggressive game, but even then you will be basically giving away your hand too much unless you do it w/ more marginal hands also. You just cant count on a raise most of the time and preflop is always the best time to punish bad holding, because your edge is so great. I like to just call in the bb w/ AA when the button or CO has raised 1st in. They usually have a hand that is dominated by AA can rarely improve to beat AA, such as A8 up to AK and other Broadways. Its the junk in the blinds that I am usually worried about not charging preflop.