is dn a hypocrite?

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of "good guys" that will not be entering heaven. It takes much more than a good attitude and a big heart to be a christian. It is not an easy thing to do, that is why many people just disregard it.May I say as a person who was raised a Christian but lapsed, I find it reprehensible that you imply that only (proper) Christians can enter heaven. How would you know? You think God (if he exists) is going to say to some pious Muslim who dedicated his whole life to helping people - "sorry, dude. You did good work, but you didn't accept JC as the saviour - tough luck".It's idiotic to think of God in this parochial fashion. That's one reason I gave up on the concept of organised religion a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, living a moral life (i.e being a good guy) is infinitely more important than subscibing to a particular religious doctrine.

He claims to be a Christian, but do Christians live the poker lifestyle like DN?  I have seen him talk about drinking, partying, and we all know he likes to gamble.  DN's lifestyle would not be considered "Christian" by anyone with a little knowledge of the Bible.  To be a true Christian, you must convey the Christian lifestyle, something which I believe DN is not doing.Discuss, my community college minions.
This is the same guy who I beat down at IHOP- grain of salt, fellas. Although it is an interesting topic of discussion. I won't touch it with a ten foot pole on this forum ( anymore ) but it is interesting.
There are a lot of "good guys" that will not be entering heaven. It takes much more than a good attitude and a big heart to be a christian. It is not an easy thing to do, that is why many people just disregard it.May I say as a person who was raised a Christian but lapsed, I find it reprehensible that you imply that only (proper) Christians can enter heaven. How would you know? You think God (if he exists) is going to say to some pious Muslim who dedicated his whole life to helping people - "sorry, dude. You did good work, but you didn't accept JC as the saviour - tough luck".It's idiotic to think of God in this parochial fashion. That's one reason I gave up on the concept of organised religion a long time ago.  As far as I'm concerned, living a moral life (i.e being a good guy)  is infinitely more important than subscibing to a particular religious doctrine.
Amen brother...Unfortunately this argument doesnt get us anywhere. I agree with you 100%, and I find it hard for anyone to not understand and agree with that point, but......they do. I'll let them think what they think, and believe what they believe.Good deeds are good deeds, no matter who you worship.

If you're religious you are either,intelligent but brainwashed by tradition and custom,ignorant and brainwashed by tradition and custom,intelligent and afraid of death and grasp for personal immortality,or ignorant and afraid of death and grasp for personal immortality.Sorry, no other options for you.

If you're religious you are either,intelligent but brainwashed by tradition and custom,ignorant and brainwashed by tradition and custom,intelligent and afraid of death and grasp for personal immortality,or ignorant and afraid of death and grasp for personal immortality.Sorry, no other options for you.
Or..... Intelligent and in tune with aspects of living and dying you will never grasp. But, I don't want to discuss this on this forum- it's not the place for it.
There are a lot of "good guys" that will not be entering heaven. It takes much more than a good attitude and a big heart to be a christian. It is not an easy thing to do, that is why many people just disregard it.May I say as a person who was raised a Christian but lapsed, I find it reprehensible that you imply that only (proper) Christians can enter heaven. How would you know? You think God (if he exists) is going to say to some pious Muslim who dedicated his whole life to helping people - "sorry, dude. You did good work, but you didn't accept JC as the saviour - tough luck".It's idiotic to think of God in this parochial fashion. That's one reason I gave up on the concept of organised religion a long time ago.  As far as I'm concerned, living a moral life (i.e being a good guy)  is infinitely more important than subscibing to a particular religious doctrine.
Amen brother...Unfortunately this argument doesnt get us anywhere. I agree with you 100%, and I find it hard for anyone to not understand and agree with that point, but......they do. I'll let them think what they think, and believe what they believe.Good deeds are good deeds, no matter who you worship.
Hell Yeah!!!
Or..... Intelligent and in tune with aspects of living and dying you will never grasp. But, I don't want to discuss this on this forum- it's not the place for it.
The day you can "grasp" something I can't grasp is the day there are square circles, the day there are a's that aren't a's--violating the law of identity, the day that humans can run at the speed of light, and the day I'm not leading this series of Neg-O.None of these things are possible, in any world, universe or time.It's best you digress, as you have begun, or I will embarras you.
The day you can "grasp" something I can't grasp is the day there are square circles, the day there are a's that aren't a's--violating the law of identity, the day that humans can run at the speed of light, and the day I'm not leading this series of Neg-O.None of these things are possible, in any world, universe or time.It's best you digress, as you have begun, or I will embarras you.
Actually, you just proved my point- it is beyond your grasp. Some people can see, others cannot. Shrug.... but, like I said, pointless to discuss this. You see things how you see them, I see things how I see them. That is just the way it is.
And there is 2 S's in embarass.   ZING. :club:
Heh, I know... was a little inside joke.As to the post before the one I've quoted, my statement still stands.You will never, in your life, grasp something I cannot grasp.Not ever.All humor aside, all self-deprecation aside, all modesty aside... never.You're not stupid, but you fall under the first category.Tradition and custom... and you'll take it to the grave, just like the fucknuts of 9/11, with their "faith".No amount of intellect, logic, reason or truth will convince you otherwise on an online forum.If you ever hung out with me, over the course of months or years, things might change.Not the case here, so, you're stuck with your folly.Sorry.

Spade- no need to apologize- you are always a true gentleman in every sense of the word- if we ever do hang out, and we probably will at some point considering I live on 51st and Northern and I think you are close by, someday we will hang- you will see that what I ( try ) and represent has nothing to do with the 9/11 type psychos. Or David Koresh, or Jim Jones, or any other religous zealot you can think of.

Spade- no need to apologize- you are always a true gentleman in every sense of the word- if we ever do hang out, and we probably will at some point considering I live on 51st and Northern and I think you are close by, someday we will hang- you will see that what I ( try ) and represent has nothing to do with the 9/11 type psychos. Or David Koresh, or Jim Jones, or any other religous zealot you can think of.
Holy shiz.My ex gf lived on 51st and northern, exactly, and I am at 51st and thunderbird 4 times out of the week for school.I'm not even 10 miles away for either.We'll meet at some point.

Who says he lives the "poker lifestyle"? If he does live the "poker lifestyle", what's wrong with it? He is married and in a faithful relationship. He has a loving relationship with his mother, which he still stays in frequent contact with. He seems super loyal to his friends, like Jennifer Harman and Evelyn Ng. He even seems to get along with Phil Hellmuth!I bet Jesus would raise with suited-triple-gapped cards in early position and cap them with a FCP chip protector. Then he'd be like, "Dude, I played NL with Moses and Jezebelle day back in 31 B.C. Here comes Mary Magadalene with my vegan meatloaf."

Most don't realize that the Bible is very strict when it comes to how you spend your time.  Being a Christian is a complete lifestyle.
No, it is not- it gives guidelines as far as what not to do, but alot of it it just leaves up to you and your conscience. That's the thing inside you that tells you what is right and wrong. The Bible never really addresses gambling, it does talk about loving money, covetouesness, putting things above god- that is where the rub often is for me. How many times have I skippped a sunday because I stayed up till 6 playing in tournaments? Too many- that is when it becomes a problem, because I put my love for the game before my love for God. The key for me is to find that balance, which is hard to do, but I do not believe that it is impossible. God requires that you put him first, which is hard for us to do, period. Many cannot, and I often fall short.
What do you do that you can be up and near 4 o'clock in the morning?
I work at a restaurant, and I usually am up playing till at least 3- it just depends. Right now I am waiting for some Vicodin to kick in because I have a wicked toothache, and can't get to the dentist till monday. So, I am kind of up a little later than usual. At some point I will be good enough to stop working- I am just not there yet. Someday.
What do you do that you can be up and near 4 o'clock in the morning?
I work at a restaurant, and I usually am up playing till at least 3- it just depends. Right now I am waiting for some Vicodin to kick in because I have a wicked toothache, and can't get to the dentist till monday. So, I am kind of up a little later than usual. At some point I will be good enough to stop working- I am just not there yet. Someday.
ic

OP is a moron.Gamble is never strictly forbidden. Gambling in excess is.As far as alcohol goes, heres a story for you.I recently had a customer(smal family business)drop off some products for us to work on. We got to talking and he mentioned he would be out of town next week due to the Baptist cruise he was taking, he told us there would be no gambling, no drinking, no dancing(sounds like no fun, i'm Catholic by the way just to give you a refrence for my beleifs.) i then asked him what they intended to do if Jesus showed up and he wanted a glass of wine? HAHA, hope you enjoyed.

You think God (if he exists) is going to say to some pious Muslim who dedicated his whole life to helping people - "sorry, dude. You did good work, but you didn't accept JC as the saviour - tough luck".
That's exactly what they think. :roll: