is dn a hypocrite?

You think God (if he exists) is going to say to some pious Muslim who dedicated his whole life to helping people - "sorry, dude. You did good work, but you didn't accept JC as the saviour - tough luck".
That's exactly what they think. :roll:
The best example of this is Ghandi.But, even with that, the bible does not say anyone goes to "heaven".It makes claims to rising from the dead, and eternal life on earth physically, not some weird spirit place in the sky. (I know jokes about zombies abound.)Most "christians" don't even know this, they follow 'popular' christianity, not even recognizing the claims of their own text.Pitiable.
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think God (if he exists) is going to say to some pious Muslim who dedicated his whole life to helping people - "sorry, dude. You did good work, but you didn't accept JC as the saviour - tough luck".
The best example of this is Ghandi.But, even with that, the bible does not say anyone goes to "heaven".It makes claims to rising from the dead, and eternal life on earth physically, not some weird spirit place in the sky. (I know jokes about zombies abound.)Most "christians" don't even know this, they follow 'popular' christianity, not even recognizing the claims of their own text.Pitiable.
Most " Christians " have no clue what the Bible teaches- that is the sad truth.
Most " Christians " have no clue what the Bible teaches- that is the sad truth.
On that much, we can come agree.
Don't judge the man.
Not trying to judge, just raising a few questions.
this is right after he tells us that DN isn't living a Christian lifestyle. thats funny. hey man, its about where your heart is. like everyone has said drinking is not a sin, its becoming drunk. another poster said it right when he said we should use the talents God gave us. i guess all stock brokers are gamblers also. you can make the point for anything along that nature.one sin is just as bad as another. have you ever stubbed your toe and thought DAMMIT, not even said it, just thought it? well you sinned. i guess you don't sin, must be nice.

What's going on with you rob?These last 2 topics you've been trying to start shit, why?You got a bet with someone that you could get over a certain number of responses to a post?You seemed fine there, posting a hand here or there in strategy, getting check up on pokertracker, but then...you call all poker players useless and DN a hypocrite.

if the church can forgive all the priests who get off on sex with little boys i'm sure they can forgive daniel for playing poker.  this thread is herpes.
Leave me out of this.No, DN isn't a hypocrite.
He claims to be a Christian, but do Christians live the poker lifestyle like DN?  I have seen him talk about drinking, partying, and we all know he likes to gamble.  DN's lifestyle would not be considered "Christian" by anyone with a little knowledge of the Bible.  To be a true Christian, you must convey the Christian lifestyle, something which I believe DN is not doing.Discuss, my community college minions.
You will find that most Christians, especially those in the US do not practice what they preach and most have no real idea of what it means to be Christian - they were usually raised to be Christian and believe that they are becasue someone told them so.
This thread is now the official property of FCPPCBoatfixedcopy.jpg
dude you are stupid...
I'm not ashamed to admit that I laughed out loud when I read this...my co-workers think I'm nuts.
Guest Anonymous
He claims to be a Christian, but do Christians live the poker lifestyle like DN? I have seen him talk about drinking, partying, and we all know he likes to gamble. DN's lifestyle would not be considered "Christian" by anyone with a little knowledge of the Bible. To be a true Christian, you must convey the Christian lifestyle, something which I believe DN is not doing.Discuss, my community college minions.
If you want to go along that tangent, I'm sure you could define any profession as being un-christian. Money isn't created. So if you are getting paid, the cash is coming from someone else's pocket. If he were a stockbroker, would he be a more respectable christian? How about if he was pumping gas at a truck stop?To quote the bible "Let he who is without sin throw the first stone". What do you do for a living, sinner?
This thread is now the official property of FCPPCBoatfixedcopy.jpg
dude you are stupid...
I'm not ashamed to admit that I laughed out loud when I read this...my co-workers think I'm nuts.
You should join us.ARRRR!
Being just a "good person" isn't grounds for entering heaven. There is scripture to back that up.
Are you actually referring to a tangible heavan? Where they either let you in the gates or they don't...based on whether or not you were part of a religion that only encompasses a minor percentage of the global population?Or are you just saying that the "story" of the Bible details that you have to be more than a "good person"? I'm curious. The people on FCP who truly believe in the Bible as law fascinate me to no end.
Being just a "good person" isn't grounds for entering heaven. There is scripture to back that up.
Are you actually referring to a tangible heavan? Where they either let you in the gates or they don't...based on whether or not you were part of a religion that only encompasses a minor percentage of the global population?Or are you just saying that the "story" of the Bible details that you have to be more than a "good person"? I'm curious. The people on FCP who truly believe in the Bible as law fascinate me to no end.
Lol, I dunno. I'm just saying what people in my church's college group said when I use to attend.

Oh, and to the original post.It's completely out of line to question DN's faith. It is a personal choice, and he isn't looking to be converted to anyone else's interpretation of his religion. Personally, while I like reading his posts, I hope he does not feel compelled to respond to trash like that.

Lol, I dunno. I'm just saying what people in my church's college group said when I use to attend.
HAHAHA. Thank God...Jesus...Allah...Buddha...Whoever. I was kind of surprised that you posted that, so I'm glad to see you weren't trying to preach or anything. I should've known better.
I may be in community college, but at least I can spell hypocrite.Also, I'm not in community college.
Lmao. What makes a christian?
Imagination.
HAHAHA. Thank God...Jesus...Allah...Buddha...Whoever. I was kind of surprised that you posted that, so I'm glad to see you weren't trying to preach or anything. I should've known better.
Lol, yeah man, I'm a Reverand.Reverand Dirty Roger Kidd. ARGH MATEY!!!!

From what I can tell, the "Christian lifestyle" consists mainly of badgering others about how they're going to burn in hell for not having the same beliefs.So, no. DN does NOT appear to be leading a Christian lifestyle.