official main event viewing thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

phil may be a brat and a cry baby but he is a hell of a player. i know all you guys say you lay down AK there, but i would bet money that 99% of the people on this forum lose more money on that hand than phil did, myself included.

phil may be a brat and a cry baby but he is a hell of a player. i know all you guys say you lay down AK there, but i would bet money that 99% of the people on this forum lose more money on that hand than phil did, myself included.
Well, id normally lead out there and probably pot stick myself, Hellmuth got away from it by playing it strangely. Just imagine the times phil will lose there though to AQ or QQ

Paul Magriel is seriously the ugliest man ever. He really needs to stop walking by radioactive materials at night.When Phil asked "Do you have AQ beat?""Oh Yea." As if he was dominating, lololol.Poor Phil.

I agree that Phil is a bit of a douche sometimes. That being said, don't downplay how good he is playing and certainly don't downgrade him losing NO money after the flop with AK against AA with the Ace on board. When DN laid down his pair of threes against Farha's AA, everyone acted like that was a monster laydown. Yet, on here, some are saying that Phil's AK laydown wasn't that good, and that he played the hand totally wrong. I like DN AND I like Hellmuth. But to criticize Hellmuth's laydown is just wrong. Come on guys, I know this is DN's board, but at least give Hellmuth a little credit. That insta-call with AK against that donkey was great. If you are gonna praise DN laying down a straight on a paired board with three spades to an all-in bet. then you must praise Hellmuth laying down TPTK without putting ONE CHIP in the pot after the flop.

I agree that Phil is a bit of a douche sometimes. That being said, don't downplay how good he is playing and certainly don't downgrade him losing NO money after the flop with AK against AA with the Ace on board. When DN laid down his pair of threes against Farha's AA, everyone acted like that was a monster laydown. Yet, on here, some are saying that Phil's AK laydown wasn't that good, and that he played the hand totally wrong. I like DN AND I like Hellmuth. But to criticize Hellmuth's laydown is just wrong. Come on guys, I know this is DN's board, but at least give Hellmuth a little credit. That insta-call with AK against that donkey was great. If you are gonna praise DN laying down a straight on a paired board with three spades to an all-in bet. then you must praise Hellmuth laying down TPTK without putting ONE CHIP in the pot after the flop.
i agree it was a great laydown but1. the opposite of the unger "they never talk about any great laydowns he made" applies phil lays down so much that he has to make a brilliant one every now and then2. he was re-raised on the flop by a guy he figures for a basic player - he likely has a big pair - 3. i totally think phil put him on q's if a rag comes he has to think a lot harderI'm not hatin' but its still worse discussing
When DN laid down his pair of threes against Farha's AA, everyone acted like that was a monster laydown.
Don't remember that. The AK laydown was good but how many hands are reraising you pre flop that you have beat with this board? AJ? JJ? Okay KK but wouldnt they at least try punching that on the flop?Edited for spelling.