"having some fun" with alan goering - wrong or not

As I said before, the people who should be deciding the correctness of his actions should be OTHER PROS and not internet jokers who weren't even there. Maybe this is where we disagree. Pros are not the only ones who play tournaments. The guys that had to pony up hard earned money to play at Daniel's table just to watch him donk off chips to a friend because he didn't care are the ones who got screwed. Just my opinion.Everyone came late today to the tourney... so I wasn't able to get some feedback on this from people (and almost everyone - possibly everyone- from or near Daniel's table is out of the tourney).I'll be interested to read about this. If it turns out that he was playing overaggressive (and pretty stupidly) against everyone, not just Goering, then there really is no argument to be had. As long as he would have called with K4 against anyone and gone all in blind against anyone it's no big deal.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What censored me off about it is the fact that it's a waste of a lot of money. Money that can be put to good use, especially in a time where there are people that don't have homes. I think it's really insensitive of Daniel to just throw away 10 large when there are plenty of people that could make very good use of 10 thousand dollars. Yes, I've registered for 20 dollar tournaments and then realized I had to leave and thrown my chips away. And I really don't care if 10 thousand is like 20 dollars to DN. He needs to be more conscious of what kind of money he's throwing around. I really think it's ignorant.  DN is a great guy and a good ambassador for poker. I hate seeing him do things like that.
OMFG!!!!To go by your logic, a purchase of anything at all that costs more than buying a less expensive option (such as buying an Audi instead of a Honda) would be ignorant, to use your word. This is just assinine, not to mention bad for the economy. If the wealthy were always fiscally frugal, then the money they acquire would stay in their family and never re-enter the economy. Your extremely high level of idiocy is extremely irritating. Please cease and desist.Thank you,Yours kindly,Solderz
i think of you as one of the most respected posters here, that being said, whenever you post ,you feel the need to rip the forum to shreads first..which in itself is fine by me , but i dont get why the need to come back and post further if you feel the forum is indeed as bad as you say it is..i would like your opinion on how dn handled ths is matter for the reason i stated above, i do feel you are one of the more respected posters on this site< if that  holds any weight with you or not is on you>
I apologize.The forum is not irredeemable - but it could be a much better place. I helped create one of the largest forums and biggest community for a another scene. These forums exist for everything from RV enthusiasts to tattoo lovers. I post for myself (like most people). If there is side benefit for it... then all the better. Again apologies to anyone if you feel I just rip apart the forum - but I am disappointed that FCP is not a place I can leisurely spend my free time to keep up with the online community of DN fans. In the early days, I spent much more time here and now I can't for many reasons - many of which have nothing to do with the nature of the forum.I am very glad that there are many elements of FCP that are doing well. And overall, I will say DN has the best fan site, by far, of any pro. But, seriously, like so many things in Daniel's very complicated and busy life, it could be a LOT better.

Dumping your chips to anyone without prejudice - fine.Playing every pot against a particular player and dumping off all your chips when he shows a lot of strength - not fine.I don't care if Daniel absolutely had to leave and wanted to just dump his chips rather than making the dealer blind him off until the stack is gone, afterall he paid for the chips. Using the chips to give a particular player an advantage over the field isn't a whole lot different than arranging the chip dump in my opinion. If you want to just piss them away get in every pot, not every pot Alan is in.

i do agree that the forum isnt as good as it was a 5 or 6 months ago, but i take this place as what it is , a place to just kill some time in between hands..i do like it here, some of the people that post here are what makes it worth coming back for...the ron and royal jopkes, the rantings of some newb, the stupidty of some know it alls, all these things put together is what makes fcp fun for me.. still hoping to hear your take on the way dn played this tourney...

As I said before, the people who should be deciding the correctness of his actions should be OTHER PROS and not internet jokers who weren't even there. Maybe this is where we disagree.  Pros are not the only ones who play tournaments.  The guys that had to pony up hard earned money to play at Daniel's table just to watch him donk off chips to a friend because he didn't care are the ones who got screwed.  Just my opinion.
I already posted about the other part of your post so just read it instead of posting ignorantly.As for PROS, I meant that respected pros are the ones to determine what is proper tournament play, etiquette etc. Not your recreational player. Should other sports work this way too? Just because donks gets to play with top level pros does not mean they are on equal footing for judging how it should go in the poker world.And no one at Daniel's table was complaining. They were all praying for the dream hand to take down Daniel! One guy laid down Queens to Daniel (and one other player). These complaining posts are all like modern PC stupidity to me. So, I say, mind your own beeswax until you are in these big buy in tourneys. And for now, just deal with the way things are done in your $10-100-$500 buyin tourneys. No wonder more pros don't open up websites like this. It would annoy the bejeebus out of them!AND FOR THE LAST TIME, DN DID NOT CHIP DUMP! so stop posting it. If anything DN has been one of the players vocally against dirty playing like this.

Your incredibly inflated sense of self-importance amuses me to no end.I already posted about the other part of your post so just read it instead of posting ignorantly. Yes, and I don't think your response was reasonable.As for PROS, I meant that respected pros are the ones to determine what is proper tournament play, etiquette etc. Not your recreational player. Should other sports work this way too? Just because donks gets to play with top level pros does not mean they are on equal footing for judging how it should go in the poker world. Everyone who pays $10k to enter gets a say on what is proper etiquette. Seriously, your head has gotten way too big if you think "respected" pros should make the rules. Actually, the rules are made by the house, anyways. You're a pro (lol), you know that. You still haven't answered the question that many of have asked. IS IT OK FOR A PLAYER TO PLAY STUPIDLY AGAINST A FRIEND BECAUSE HE DOESN'T MIND LOSING CHIPS TO HIM??? Sorry for yelling, but you keep sidestepping this...the real question up for debate.And no one at Daniel's table was complaining. They were all praying for the dream hand to take down Daniel! Too bad they weren't all friends with him. Maybe he would have called their "dream hand" down with K4.One guy laid down Queens to Daniel (and one other player).Proving...These complaining posts are all like modern PC stupidity to me. Your posts are inflated ego jackassery to me. To each his own.So, I say, mind your own beeswax until you are in these big buy in tourneys. And for now, just deal with the way things are done in your $10-100-$500 buyin tourneys. I just wanted to point this out because I haven't been told to mind my own beeswax since I was seven. But I do have the right to question what happened. It's the Internet, for god's sake. That's what forums are for. And there's nothing wrong with low buyin tourneys. Poker is a hobby for most of us, and either way I make enough money to buy and sell you ten times over. AND FOR THE LAST TIME, DN DID NOT CHIP DUMP! so stop posting it. If anything DN has been one of the players vocally against dirty playing like this.DN chip dumped on purpose. He probably had a piece of Goering. Elkang, you need to relax. We're just messing around here. Yeah, I think it was some shady playing to not care about losing chips to a friend because you have to leave. It's not the end of the world. But you have definately brightened my day with your manaical ranting and raving.

I wish you guys went over all your own moral choices as much as you do someone elses.I find the use of someone elses' name as a handle to be very bad form. Not wrong, unless you mean pretty stupid.Hey, at the very least Daniel is the center of attention yet again. As I said before, the people who should be deciding the correctness of his actions should be OTHER PROS and not internet jokers who weren't even there.I let myself talk about it because I am a poker professional and was there... but my words have little weight. Imagine how little I respect some of the posts here.Everyone came late today to the tourney... so I wasn't able to get some feedback on this from people (and almost everyone - possibly everyone- from or near Daniel's table is out of the tourney).
Did you play in the tourney?

This is all really stupid guys. I do that kind of thing in rebuy tournaments all the time, is that wrong too? My reasoning in rebuy tournaments is to take lots of risks to get a big stack. My call with the K-4 wasn't some random situation where I had no chance to win. I'd already BEATEN Alan out of about 3000 in chips by playing super fast against him. Once again I play fast at him, and this is the FIRST time he played back at me. I KNEW Alan didn't have to have AK KK QQ. He could have had a hand like 9-10 suited. If you don't believe that, you just don't know Alan! I had already put 2000 into the pot and his raise was 8400 more. I had to call 8400 more to win 12,400. That's not a bad price considering the fact that I felt like at WORST, I'd be a 2-1 underdog and my goal was to either have a monster stack, or bust out early. I wasn't dumping chips to Alan, that's insane! What if I won the hand? What if he had 9-10 suited? If I were dumping chips to Alan, I would have folded!! When I referred to "dumping off my chips" it basically meant that I wasn't playing optimally, not that I was giving them away. Has K-4 never beaten 7-7 before? When I refer to Alan as a nice guy, that's just a joke. I say that kind of thing all the time when I call people, "Ah, you seem like a nice guy I'll give you some action." There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with what I did ethically at all. If I win that pot I'm well over 20,000 and would have looked to double up once more very quickly by playing the worst hand against somebody else.

Nah we should keep at alive for a while so for the rest of the week there isn't 8 topics surrounding this question...Custom, New Avatar yet?  I keep feeling sick..
The man refuses to get rid of that thing. Wait, I bet we'll get his list of excuses again...
Nah we should keep at alive for a while so for the rest of the week there isn't 8 topics surrounding this question...Custom, New Avatar yet?  I keep feeling sick..
The man refuses to get rid of that thing. Wait, I bet we'll get his list of excuses again...
Heh, I don't need excuses. I don't apologize for the avatar. I'm proud to be attracted to Annie Duke.
Heh, I don't need excuses. I don't apologize for the avatar. I'm proud to be attracted to Annie Duke.
Listen man I'm from Wisconsin as well, If things are that bad in Eau Claire I can introduce you to my Ex'ish type Korissa and her group of friends. If you find Annie Attractive you'll be drooling at these girls.. Just trying to help a wisconsinite out.

Is Korissa 40 years old but looks 50?Does her skin look like it's melting off her face?Does she smell like rotting cheese?If so...Custom will be all over her like white on rice....maybe I'm being harsh. Annie isn't really that bad looking. And I'm sure she smells fine.

One other point- what happens if Daniel keeps pushing all in and starts winning hands?  Does his emergency keep waiting?  Get up and leave the table if you have an emergency!I'm sure Daniel wasn't trying to cheat but the classy move would have been to let his remaining chips blind off.    I don't care if it's for 10 dollars or 10,000.  Anything else screws with the integrity/fairness of the tournament.
No, it doesn't- so let it go.
Listen man I'm from Wisconsin as well, If things are that bad in Eau Claire I can introduce you to my Ex'ish type Korissa and her group of friends. If you find Annie Attractive you'll be drooling at these girls.. Just trying to help a wisconsinite out.
:club: :lol:God forbid someone be attracted to different people than you. I recognize that there are better looking women, but that doesn't change my opinion of this woman.
What censored me off about it is the fact that it's a waste of a lot of money. Money that can be put to good use, especially in a time where there are people that don't have homes. I think it's really insensitive of Daniel to just throw away 10 large when there are plenty of people that could make very good use of 10 thousand dollars. Yes, I've registered for 20 dollar tournaments and then realized I had to leave and thrown my chips away. And I really don't care if 10 thousand is like 20 dollars to DN. He needs to be more conscious of what kind of money he's throwing around. I really think it's ignorant.  DN is a great guy and a good ambassador for poker. I hate seeing him do things like that.
That statement is ignorant in so many ways I can't even count. Sigh- is this what the world is coming to? Criticizing rich people for spending money? That is noting short of economical suicide. I threw away a bag of potato chips the other day- they were a tad to stale for my liking- I am sure, somebody, somewhere would love to have that bag of potato chips. Does not affect my decisison one bit- I reserve the right to toss said potato chips. Simple enough for you?

Not Wrong.He's up $198,012 so far this year in tournaments. The money's not going to break him.Other players play a similiar strategy(though probably not to this degree, I admit). Wasn't it Phil Ivey that said he plays in a way to either build up chips quickly or bust? DN had somewhere else to be at the time. Even Sklansky talks about playing crazy(or not even playing) a tournament if the side games are so juicy that one would make more bank/hr busting in the tourney and sitting in the ring game.-Travis