negreanu eliminated....

You're missing the point, which is the fact that he made the ridiculous moves against a friend.  This is borderline chip dumping.
So, Daniel can make those moves against strangers at the table (which I personally saw three times) but NOT his friends? If you can't see the unfairness of that instantly well...at this point this conversation is silly. You guys weren't there and have a very limited grasp of ethics. If I ever see you face to face I'll hear what you have to say, but you've used up your allowance of response time. To me this smacks of all the envy that goes on or people who feel they are personally hurt by others. I've certainly seen enough of that here at Harrah's. Complain all you want. I hope it gets you off because it won't do much else!
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the debate here is between these three things:Ethics. Etiquette. Rules.Daniel did not break any rules. That is clear. The TD would have to do something.Daniel is pushing etiquette. I mean who else does what he does? But, I think what he does is great. What a character! Now of course I also realize that he annoys some people to no end. But, such is as it is with etiquette. One man likes his tea with milk and sugar and another plain. I like mine with madelines.As for ethics... like so much in poker, the game of limited information, this is unknown. If we knew Daniel's heart we would see the truth but no one knows that but God. People fool themselves too - so I'm serious about the God part, and certainly some random guy on the internet WHO WASN'T EVEN THERE should not be so bold to make any judgements.I'll talk to Martin de Knijff later about the hand. He was not at the table but he has spoken publically about ethical and etiquette matters before. Also, I'd ask Paul Phillips on the ethics side -- but he's not around (but his friends are).
Name dropping now?

I agree with Larry in that DN didn't break any rules, I think ethically, as a professional, if you know you're going to leave to deal with personal issues, just let your self get blinded off, instead of pushing in, and giving the lucky player at the table with a hand strong enough to call, an advantage over the rest of the players at the table (and in the field). I'd be fine with everything, if he didn't say, "I like Alan". And Larry, was DN busted by Allen Cunningham or not?

You're missing the point, which is the fact that he made the ridiculous moves against a friend.  This is borderline chip dumping.
So, Daniel can make those moves against strangers at the table (which I personally saw three times) but NOT his friends? If you can't see the unfairness of that instantly well...at this point this conversation is silly. You guys weren't there and have a very limited grasp of ethics. If I ever see you face to face I'll hear what you have to say, but you've used up your allowance of response time. To me this smacks of all the envy that goes on or people who feel they are personally hurt by others. I've certainly seen enough of that here at Harrah's. Complain all you want. I hope it gets you off because it won't do much else!
I have always thought you sounded like a pompous ass. You may not be one, but you usually come off as one.Most of us weren't there, so we form our opinions on what we hear. Before you showed up to show us the light, the only thing anyone had to go on, was what Daniel wrote in his blog. He said he decided to play agaist AG every time. So, he may have been playing nuts and trying to give his chips away to everyone else at the table, but that's not what he wrote.
by the way speedz, super troopers is the funniest movie I've seen in years.  Is broken lizard coming out with another comedy?  club dread was decent, but not of the same caliber of humor as their first movie.
Hell yeah. By the way, their first movie was actually called Puddle Cruiser. It absolutely killed at film festivals, but it never got released. It was so good that it got them the deal to make a real budget movie (Super Troopers). Well, now they are releaseing Puddle Cruiser (I think that's the name) in video stores in a few months. I can't wait, I hear its hilarious.And for the record, I like your post about waiting until Daniel responds. I doubt there is any way to slow the controversy, but it's a good thought.

Elkang,Congrats for writing perhaps the dumbest post I have ever seen on fcp. Seriously. You should be embarrassed. Let's break it down.So, Daniel can make those moves against strangers at the table (which I personally saw three times) but NOT his friends? If you can't see the unfairness of that instantly well...at this point this conversation is silly. He specifically said in his blog that he only made those moves because it was Goering and didn't mind losing chips to him.You guys weren't there and have a very limited grasp of ethicsOnce again, he specifically said in his blog that he only made those moves because it was Goering and didn't mind losing chips to him. If you don't think this is unethical, you have a serious problem. Actually, let's get to the next part of your post which proves you have a serious problem...If I ever see you face to face I'll hear what you have to say, but you've used up your allowance of response time. I should actually thank you. This gave me a great laugh. It sounded like this, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...hahahahahaha...haha...ahhh." I'll be looking forward to our face to face meeting.To me this smacks of all the envy that goes on or people who feel they are personally hurt by others.What envy? We have all said many times that we like DN, but that doesn't give him a free pass in a situation like this. I am very curious to hear what he has to say...which will be something along the lines of the fact that he was just having fun with the whole table and those hands just happened to be against Goering. Which is fine, but it still looks shady.Complain all you want. I hope it gets you off because it won't do much else!I'm not sure you understand what is going on. Nobody is complaining, so to speak, and nobody wants anything to come of this. We are posting on a poker forum about an interesting situation that came up in a poker tournament that involves this forums founder. If you think that is wierd or shows jealousy then I don't know what to tell you. If I ever see you face to face I'll hear what you have to say, but you've used up your allowance of response time. HAHAHAHAHAHASpeedz

I know that Daniel is entitiled to his privacy and that we should give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm trying to figure out what other committments he could have had that would make him begin the strategy he describes and what text message (presumably related to said committment) that would make him pretty much up and leave. They would have to meet the following criteria:1) Commitment not serious enough to stop him from playing2) Private enough that he doesn't want to share it.3) Private enough that we aren't hearing about it from another source.4) Text message serious enough that he has to get up and leave right away.I just can't think of what it could be. I'm not seeing business commitment here. Maybe family medical emergency but then I would assume based on what Daniel has written in the past that he wouldn't have sat down to begin with.

Based on my limitations of having to leave, I made the correct strategic move by calling with the K-4.  I think even David Sklansky would agree with that one.
In the 30 or so live tournies I've played, nobody ever had to leave, so I've never seen this before.I do see it quite a bit in online tournies and it's annoying. Happened to me once in the Neg-O even, where the guy said he had to go and who wants his chips. Of course I get a decent hand and I was the last to act after him and the guy hit a miracle and took me out. He lost them all shortly after, but I was out and wanted to play, he had to go. I think it would have been fairer if he had just left and let his chips blind off.Also, I interpreted your blog completely wrong, sounded like you had to go and picked AG to dump your chips to.My bad
I have always thought you sounded like a pompous ass. You may not be one, but you usually come off as one.Most of us weren't there, so we form our opinions on what we hear. Before you showed up to show us the light, the only thing anyone had to go on, was what Daniel wrote in his blog. He said he decided to play agaist AG every time. So, he may have been playing nuts and trying to give his chips away to everyone else at the table, but that's not what he wrote.
I concur. You sound like an arrogant asshat. No one is impressed that you write for some horrid half rate web site.
I concur.  You sound like an arrogant asshat. No one is impressed that you write for some horrid half rate web site.
Which horrid half rate web site does this asshat write for? :lol:BTW...elkang...the asshat part is (sw)
Based on my limitations of having to leave, I made the correct strategic move by calling with the K-4.  I think even David Sklansky would agree with that one.
Yes Daniel, you lost the hand and soon after busted out, but since you had limitations and had to leave by a certain time, what would you have done, had you won that hand and the next hand and built your stack to 50k? Would you still try to "DUMP" them off, or start to play more conservativly and try to win?
Yes Daniel, you lost the hand and soon after busted out, but since you had limitations and had to leave by a certain time, what would you have done, had you won that hand and the next hand and built your stack to 50k? Would you still try to "DUMP" them off, or start to play more conservativly and try to win?
No, he would have left, did what he needed to do and came back later to use his stack better. Duh.
Based on my limitations of having to leave, I made the correct strategic move by calling with the K-4. I think even David Sklansky would agree with that one.
No, he would have left, did what he needed to do and came back later to use his stack better. Duh.
Well said. I don't believe DN thought, "Let me give my chips to AG", but rather, "Let me try to double up, but if I don't atleast AG will get them."
You people are all idiots. Why did he play if he was going to be making an early exit? For fun' date=' that's why. You idiots seem to forget that DN plays poker for fun. Geez, people argue over the dumbest things.[/b']I would be really suprised if throwing away ten thousand dollars of your own money and possibly screwing over others at your table, not to mention possibly hurting your reputation with this suspect play is fun for anyone....