dn playing with stu unger, dn please respond

David Williams does not blow. This is an absurd statement. The kid went to Princeton and finished 2nd in the Main Event. Ask anyone of the top players on the circuit and they will tell you that David Williams is a great player.
AHHH....No...but nice try anyway.
I found to be a great flame. Thank you for making my life better Alf.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't beleive that you didn't flame yourself for misspelling jeolous...

In the Young Guns of poker....who makes the glasses that David Williams was wearing?
I believe that they were Dolce Cabana.
Really? So they must be expensive.
I think they are like $500 a pop...so yeah..they are expensive.
David Williams is the most overrated player out there...the guy sucks.
WTF have you won? The guy won 3.5 million....What did you win? Jelous?
Yes......
Tournament poker is for suckers.
bumpI want smashs response, and reasons why Stu Ungar was "...the most overrated hold 'em player in history."
because he couldnt win at cash games. he was the best tournament player but that doesnt make him the best holdem player. but uninformed people think that he is. doyle brunson said that ungar wasnt even on his top 10 of poker players.
because he couldnt win at cash games. he was the best tournament player but that doesnt make him the best holdem player. but uninformed people think that he is. doyle brunson said that ungar wasnt even on his top 10 of poker players.
Really....."If Stuey wasn't on drugs, we'd all be broke." -Doyle Brunson.....Id say Doyle thought he was ok....BTW, I understand his cash game wasnt on par with his tourney game....but to say hes the most overrated hold 'em player in history???....thats a lil ridiculous.....look at the stats, numbers dont lie

I want smashs response, and reasons why Stu Ungar was "...the most overrated hold 'em player in history."Hi.If you don't allready understand why you're a huge sucker who's sucked up the marketing machine drivel about the guy and wouldn't be capable of understanding why he was a slightly above average player.Good luck.

Hi.If you don't allready understand why you're a huge sucker who's sucked up the marketing machine drivel about the guy and wouldn't be capable of understanding why he was a slightly above average player.Good luck.
Yeah, what a sucker I am.....nice response, great explanation.....why dont you try me....ill see if I can wrap my brain around it. :roll:

ungar has been overrated as a poker player, but I don't think anyone including smash will doubt his skills as a tourney player. his win rate in the wsop, superbowl, etc is simply sick. While impossible to say for certain, I think i would agree with doyle, if this kid doesnt get hooked on drugs, he becomes the best ever. Oh yeah, Best ever at gin, hands down, no question.

ungar has been overrated as a poker player, but I don't think anyone including smash will doubt his skills as a tourney player. his win rate in the wsop, superbowl, etc is simply sick. While impossible to say for certain, I think i would agree with doyle, if this kid doesnt get hooked on drugs, he becomes the best ever. Oh yeah, Best ever at gin, hands down, no question.
With out drugs:Best tournament player ever...maybe. Best cash game player ever....not even close.

Although Ungar wasnt as good at cash games as he was in Tourney's, he was still phenomenal. Of course everyone will try to discredit him now. Its easy to do because he is dead. However, the reason he played in so many tournaments is he couldnt get regular action in NL cash. Also, for how good he was at poker, Ungar was infinitely better at Gin. He processed more information from the cards than even the almighty smash.

DANIEL!!! DANIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL!! I NEED YOU! PLEASE! PLEASE RESPOND! PLEEEEEEASE!!!!! Dn!!! Dn!!!! DEEEEEEE ENNNNNNNNN!!!! DANIEL, RESPOND RESPOND RESPOND!!!! DN!!!! I AM SOO DESPERATE!!! IIIIIIII NEEEEEEEEEEED YOOOOOOOOU TOOO REEEEEESPOOOOOOND!!!!!
Now, here's a post I agree with......Smash makes it sound like Stuey wasnt even that good........ :roll:
Now, here's a post I agree with......Smash makes it sound like Stuey wasnt even that good........ :roll:
if he doesnt get hooked on drugs he becomes the best ever at tournaments, thats all. he was never the best at cash games not even close. people like you think that he was.

I read "one of a kind' recently as well. I thought it was a great read. I would also like to hear if DN has any stuey stories. I do not, however, think that the paths of stu and DN crossed at that time. oh, and not that it matters but it's dolce Gabbana not dolce Cabbana.

Unger was an extremely good cash game player. IN his book it says that that is where he made most of his money. He took large swings, of course, but i don't know why anyone is saying that he wasn't a successful cash game player.

It's pretty easy to say that Stu Ungar was the most overrated player tourney, but how cna someone say that if they haven't even lpayed with him? Sure, if you are watching him play from the sidelines you might think you can beat him out of a pot, but I'm sure the intimidation factor had something to do with him being all that great.

Ungar may be the most overrated Holdem player in history.
Yeah....but you can't argue with how he used to set people on fire at the table with lightning bolts from his azz.....his urine also tasted like champagne....(as per Mike Sexton)
I think that is where they got the formula for the Anheiser World Select beer that they drink at the end of the WPT episodes.
David Williams does not blow. This is an absurd statement. The kid went to Princeton and finished 2nd in the Main Event. Ask anyone of the top players on the circuit and they will tell you that David Williams is a great player.
Riiiiiiiight....That's why he played like a complete donk at the final table the year he got 2nd. He was just looking for a coin flip to put his money on.I loved it when he said, "I felt it." He just knew his hand would hit? LMAO!!!

12-May-97 $ 10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship28th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1997, Las Vegas 1st $ 1,000,000 14-May-90 $ 10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship21st World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1990, Las Vegas 9th $ 25,050 May-83 $ 5,000 Seven-Card Stud14th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1983, Las Vegas 1st $ 110,000 11-May-81 $ 10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship12th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1981, Las Vegas 1st $ 375,000 May-81 $ 10,000 Deuce to Seven Draw12th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1981, Las Vegas 1st $ 95,000 12-May-80 $ 10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship11th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1980, Las Vegas 1st $ 365,000 :shock: Yeah, he was slighly above average :shock: P.S.This is only WSOP results

Although Ungar wasnt as good at cash games as he was in Tourney's, he was still phenomenal. Of course everyone will try to discredit him now. Its easy to do because he is dead. However, the reason he played in so many tournaments is he couldnt get regular action in NL cash. Also, for how good he was at poker, Ungar was infinitely better at Gin. He processed more information from the cards than even the almighty smash.
Simply not true. You are thinking of gin. There has never been one player so good at a poker game that he couldnt get a game.