how's everyone doing these days?????????????

what the hell? is everyone losing this month? It seems like all around me people are having cold streaks, which makes me feel so much better about my 100$ profit at 5-10 through 12k hands this month. rakeback is a good thing, people. I took down a MTT on stars for 4k, so that was good, and im actually really happy with breaking even at 5-10 so far as the deck has been running me over in key spots. Zimmer, i hate you. :club: Steve, i actually went out and bought The Prime Gig on your advice. I liked it. plus, for 7$, i couldnt really say no. I also took a shot at the sunday 100+9 limit tourney on stars last week. I didnt expect to do well, as the field is really tough. Gigabet played, JJProdigy played, Jerrod Ankelman played, and Noah Boken was on my left, with Gank on his left. I finished 9th, which i was extremely happy about.
Don't hate the player hate the game. Not sure if I'm in a hot streak at 5/10, or if I'm just that good. I hope it's the latter, but my mind is telling me it's the former.
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell? is everyone losing this month? It seems like all around me people are having cold streaks, which makes me feel so much better about my 100$ profit at 5-10 through 12k hands this month. rakeback is a good thing, people. I took down a MTT on stars for 4k, so that was good, and im actually really happy with breaking even at 5-10 so far as the deck has been running me over in key spots. Zimmer, i hate you. :club: Steve, i actually went out and bought The Prime Gig on your advice. I liked it. plus, for 7$, i couldnt really say no. I also took a shot at the sunday 100+9 limit tourney on stars last week. I didnt expect to do well, as the field is really tough. Gigabet played, JJProdigy played, Jerrod Ankelman played, and Noah Boken was on my left, with Gank on his left. I finished 9th, which i was extremely happy about.
Nice job all around. That sounds like a great tourny month. Congrats.

I went 55 straight hands at one of my 4 tables last night without winning a hand, ended up down 1.50$But then i came back and 4 tabled for an hour drunk and the deck hit me in the face and I ended up 62.5bb/100.

I went 55 straight hands at one of my 4 tables last night without winning a hand, ended up down 1.50$But then i came back and 4 tabled for an hour drunk and the deck hit me in the face and I ended up 62.5bb/100.
Glad that you had the patience not to lose more during the downswing.

I just finished a 10 hour session, moving my bankroll from 950 dollars to 2050$ playing .5/1 No Limit.Hope I can keep this streak going and soon move up to 1/2.Edit: And I was NOT using Smashs NL strategy lol.

Play freerolls on Party to help build it. Remember though that most of the time bankrolls are never big enough if you know what I mean. :lol:

Not at all. I appreciate the advice you give and I do see your point. It was just the first thing that came to my mind when I started reading. For mentioning it in print, I apologize. I don't doubt that he is your good friend one bit. Good luck to you.

My PLO game is currently in the toilet.....or my opponents are catching too many cards.....take your pick.My Limit Holdem game is all right...but very mediocre right now....pulling very small wins.....I think i am a little burned out on Limit.My NL Holdem SNG and tournament game....is off the hook lately....I am sick...seriously...I am playing that good right now......especially live.

My PLO game is currently in the toilet.....or my opponents are catching too many cards.....take your pick.My Limit Holdem game is all right...but very mediocre right now....pulling very small wins.....I think i am a little burned out on Limit.My NL Holdem SNG and tournament game....is off the hook lately....I am sick...seriously...I am playing that good right now......especially live.
I think PLO is really difficult game. It's by far my weakest game, and I would venture to say that it will take me quite some time if I can ever get to a respectable level. Glad to hear that you're doing well in tourny's. Hopefully you can make a big score. If you're in the zone, it's a great place to be. Good Luck.

For the past 12 days, I'm up about 5.4k, probably my best run in forever,... I've been keeping a log at livejournal but haven't decided if I really want to make it public yet. I've had the most ridiculous swings you can imagine, but I guess I'm maintaining some semblance of control. My downswings, just half-an hour ago was about -1.4k and I climbed back to -$120 on the day after losing AA vs AQ KK vs AQ and top trips vs flush draw. Those were for roughly 1600ish, and eliminated the +200 I was earlier in the day...but all in all, its been great...Some stats, I've updated every session, but this is the current log: (WITH BONUS) Hourly rate: $56/hr over past 12 daysTotal hours played: 97current bankroll: some is cashed out, but i left 8700 in bodog.avg bonus clearing rate: $170ish/ daynow this would be great and all, but overall, investment wise, im still down, if you folks remember my fiasco from the stock market, i'm on a mission to recover 10k. Much like stocks, self-discipline will decide how far I go with this. I'll say one thing though, if bodog had 25/50nl right now, I'd probably be bust.My next best lesson is to step back from a session of bad beats...I do, only after I take a -1k blow where I start questioning myself. One day...I will learn.

i went through a lot of poor management on fulltilt losing about 120 playing HU sngs that i usually do well in because i have played a lot of them it ended in me trying to catch up my money lost by playing 20 HU sngs which i proceeded to run cold in which can be expected i suppose.a fcper on here went with me for bodog refferal and i got 200 to clear 600 points and i could remove it which ive done while i was on bodog i played a few sitngos which i did well in 10+1 10 man onesmy results as follow 1, 2, 7, 1, 4, 2, 5, 6, 1, 5, 1, 1, 5,5, 7, 2, 2, 4, 1, 3, 5,i have played about 40-50 others on ft where i have had similar results on the 5.50 level howeveralthough i was succesfull at sitngos and built up to around 360 i donked it up and lost a lot running into some tough situations i could have got out of i guess and dropped to 200 at which point i was feeling pretty bad about myself i came back the next day and grinded up to 300 or so 3 tabling .05/.10 NL mixed with some 25NL and then proceeded to lose back down to 250 beng ill disciplined and finally cashingtried to do a deal through PSO for pacific poker to get a free poker tracker and a nice bonus didn't work out and i ended up cashing out 270 because i was sick of the site and it wasn't for me so until thursday i have no money for pokerwhen i get the 270 its going on fulltilt and im going to do what i do best and play 10 sitngos and throw in some tourneys and maybe some 25 NL to boost it up a bit unless that is too risky i may even venture into fulltilts limit games because the flop percentage is not higher than 50 like at pacific a game i have no idea to play effectively i think i would do well with my small amount of limit knowledge at limit wish me luck because im going to really make a go of this 270 and be emoctionless to luck swings that will effect my play because i think thats the key to me making a profit off of this i didn't re read this post just wanted to write it down and get rid of my frustrations before i start out again on ft if anybody thinks im a bit clueless about something please tell me because i really want to learn and get better

i went through a lot of poor management on fulltilt losing about 120 playing HU sngs that i usually do well in because i have played a lot of them it ended in me trying to catch up my money lost by playing 20 HU sngs which i proceeded to run cold in which can be expected i suppose.a fcper on here went with me for bodog refferal and i got 200 to clear 600 points and i could remove it which ive done while i was on bodog i played a few sitngos which i did well in 10+1 10 man onesmy results as follow 1, 2, 7, 1, 4, 2, 5, 6, 1, 5, 1, 1, 5,5, 7, 2, 2, 4, 1, 3, 5,i have played about 40-50 others on ft where i have had similar results on the 5.50 level howeveralthough i was succesfull at sitngos and built up to around 360 i donked it up and lost a lot running into some tough situations i could have got out of i guess and dropped to 200 at which point i was feeling pretty bad about myself i came back the next day and grinded up to 300 or so 3 tabling .05/.10 NL mixed with some 25NL and then proceeded to lose back down to 250 beng ill disciplined and finally cashingtried to do a deal through PSO for pacific poker to get a free poker tracker and a nice bonus didn't work out and i ended up cashing out 270 because i was sick of the site and it wasn't for me so until thursday i have no money for pokerwhen i get the 270 its going on fulltilt and im going to do what i do best and play 10 sitngos and throw in some tourneys and maybe some 25 NL to boost it up a bit unless that is too risky i may even venture into fulltilts limit games because the flop percentage is not higher than 50 like at pacific a game i have no idea to play effectively i think i would do well with my small amount of limit knowledge at limit wish me luck because im going to really make a go of this 270 and be emoctionless to luck swings that will effect my play because i think thats the key to me making a profit off of this i didn't re read this post just wanted to write it down and get rid of my frustrations before i start out again on ft if anybody thinks im a bit clueless about something please tell me because i really want to learn and get better
Seems like you're doing really well with the SNG's. I would stick with that to build up your BR. With $270, you should be able to play $10 SNG's and show a nice profit. Let me know how everything works out. Good Luck.
Seems like you're doing really well with the SNG's. I would stick with that to build up your BR. With $270, you should be able to play $10 SNG's and show a nice profit. Let me know how everything works out. Good Luck.
thanks steve i think my plan will be to stick with the sitngos and just give cash games a break until i have a decent enough roll to play soke decent limits so im not playing to make 2.50-5 bucks an hour which is all i can expect at the moment

August has been an amazingly weird month.I went on an absolutely sick run where I was absolutely crushing my game and won over 600 BB in about two weeks.I'm now on a just-as-sick downswing where a couple of days has me losing 150 BB of it back.While a bit of that was tilting, most of that was just downswing.Accordingly, I've been taking a break from the limit .25/.50 tables and playing some $1.20 NLHE tourneys, and it's been mildly amusing.I used to be a career loser in tournaments until recently, and now I'm pretty much a break-even player. (I average $0.008 profit per tourney now. Yes, that's really 8/10ths of a cent.)Don't quit my day job. I know.

Wow, do I even know how to play this game anymore? I mean seriously I'm playing today and I quickly proceed to drop 40 big bets in like 30 minutes, I grind my way all the way back to even after like 4 hours. I take a short break and I go at it again and am about even for like the next hour or 2 and then in a span of 90 minutes I'm stuck 85 big bets and feeling sick to my stomach. Straights running into flushes, flushes running into boats, 2 pair against sets. Overpair getting rivered by AX. I don't even know what to do anymore as it seems like I'm fighting a losing battle right now. This is against the biggest donkeys and calling stations around too. I should be crushing this game, but am getting crushed instead. I mean shoot I can't even beat a calling station right now, the poker gods are just spitting in my face right now. I'm usually a cool customer, but I've really been close to going on tilt quite often recently.This is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks that I've lost over 80 big bets for a session and I haven't lost more than 80 big bets for a session in a year or so before these past 2 weeks.I don't know what it is, but I found myself playing particularly well early on and maybe wasn't playing as best as I could later on along with the deck not helping me out. This happened shorthanded and I just found myself constantly getting outcarded, which is just so frustrating since you can't control it.Playing against the opponents I was playing against, they would not fold their hand whether it improved or didnt, so running over them was tough. You add in the combination of not catching hands or even hitting a pair and your in a tough spot.It feels like it's mathematically impossible to run as bad as I have. I go from having a monster bankroll to a badly depleted one on it's last legs. Looks like a movedown is probably going to happen at this rate.I've dropped 7k in the past 2 weeks and it just seems to be getting worst. Couple of smashed mouses too, which I won't count lol, I guess at least I can still poke some fun at it. I just feel like the shittiest poker player in the world right now.

August has been an amazingly weird month.I went on an absolutely sick run where I was absolutely crushing my game and won over 600 BB in about two weeks.I'm now on a just-as-sick downswing where a couple of days has me losing 150 BB of it back.While a bit of that was tilting, most of that was just downswing.Accordingly, I've been taking a break from the limit .25/.50 tables and playing some $1.20 NLHE tourneys, and it's been mildly amusing.I used to be a career loser in tournaments until recently, and now I'm pretty much a break-even player. (I average $0.008 profit per tourney now. Yes, that's really 8/10ths of a cent.)Don't quit my day job. I know.
I loved your post, it was really honest. It sounds like you have a great time when you play. Not only that you're very realistic. Good Luck.
Wow, do I even know how to play this game anymore? I mean seriously I'm playing today and I quickly proceed to drop 40 big bets in like 30 minutes, I grind my way all the way back to even after like 4 hours. I take a short break and I go at it again and am about even for like the next hour or 2 and then in a span of 90 minutes I'm stuck 85 big bets and feeling sick to my stomach. Straights running into flushes, flushes running into boats, 2 pair against sets. Overpair getting rivered by AX. I don't even know what to do anymore as it seems like I'm fighting a losing battle right now. This is against the biggest donkeys and calling stations around too. I should be crushing this game, but am getting crushed instead. I mean shoot I can't even beat a calling station right now, the poker gods are just spitting in my face right now. I'm usually a cool customer, but I've really been close to going on tilt quite often recently.This is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks that I've lost over 80 big bets for a session and I haven't lost more than 80 big bets for a session in a year or so before these past 2 weeks.I don't know what it is, but I found myself playing particularly well early on and maybe wasn't playing as best as I could later on along with the deck not helping me out. This happened shorthanded and I just found myself constantly getting outcarded, which is just so frustrating since you can't control it.Playing against the opponents I was playing against, they would not fold their hand whether it improved or didnt, so running over them was tough. You add in the combination of not catching hands or even hitting a pair and your in a tough spot.It feels like it's mathematically impossible to run as bad as I have. I go from having a monster bankroll to a badly depleted one on it's last legs. Looks like a movedown is probably going to happen at this rate.I've dropped 7k in the past 2 weeks and it just seems to be getting worst. Couple of smashed mouses too, which I won't count lol, I guess at least I can still poke some fun at it. I just feel like the censored poker player in the world right now.
Okay, calm down. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. It's happened to me before. I was losing in ring games, I was losing short handed, it just didn't make a difference. Who ever I played against got there. I felt sick, literally. But here's what I came to realize after that disaster. Part of it was my fault. Sure, I was taking some beats. But if you're not running well, I don't suggest playing short handed. That's just my opinion. I've recently learned what I think is optimal strategy for loose, tight, passive, aggressive players, etc. I thought that I understood before. But playing online has actually helped me analyze a bit more. Tell me when you're going to play you're next session, and if you want I'll check it out. Try and give you some feedback.

Okay, calm down. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. It's happened to me before. I was losing in ring games, I was losing short handed, it just didn't make a difference. Who ever I played against got there. I felt sick, literally. Once a month I feel this way. In a good month.

I'm sucking ass lately :club:
Are you playing cash games or tournys?
Ironically I am doing TERRIBLE in sngs lately. I have lost 18 in a row, literally, due to my busting out w/ hands being me at least a 75% favourite and some douche bag rivering me! This is not when I'm desperately short stacked either. Pretty much, I've gone from $20, back down to $10, and I STILL CANT WIN AT $5. Is there a way I can identify the leaks in my STT game?My cash game is pretty steady though at least!

Two final tables this past week (4 and 8k guaranteed). Neither of them were worth much (8th and 10th). Goes well with the two final tables i made a few weeks ago, which were 1st and 2nd places. Live cash games have been going pretty mediocre. Up one or two hundred at 2/5 live net over the past month. Tried a 15/30 being 3/4th staked and was up about 300 there. I played for such a short period of time that it's meaningless. Online cash games - i started .50/1 after getting back from vegas with $50. It's currently at $500. At $600, i move up to 1/2.

I think PLO is really difficult game. It's by far my weakest game, and I would venture to say that it will take me quite some time if I can ever get to a respectable level. Glad to hear that you're doing well in tourny's. Hopefully you can make a big score. If you're in the zone, it's a great place to be. Good Luck.
Thanks for the words.
Wow, do I even know how to play this game anymore? I mean seriously I'm playing today and I quickly proceed to drop 40 big bets in like 30 minutes, I grind my way all the way back to even after like 4 hours. I take a short break and I go at it again and am about even for like the next hour or 2 and then in a span of 90 minutes I'm stuck 85 big bets and feeling sick to my stomach. Straights running into flushes, flushes running into boats, 2 pair against sets. Overpair getting rivered by AX. I don't even know what to do anymore as it seems like I'm fighting a losing battle right now. This is against the biggest donkeys and calling stations around too. I should be crushing this game, but am getting crushed instead. I mean shoot I can't even beat a calling station right now, the poker gods are just spitting in my face right now. I'm usually a cool customer, but I've really been close to going on tilt quite often recently.This is the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks that I've lost over 80 big bets for a session and I haven't lost more than 80 big bets for a session in a year or so before these past 2 weeks.I don't know what it is, but I found myself playing particularly well early on and maybe wasn't playing as best as I could later on along with the deck not helping me out. This happened shorthanded and I just found myself constantly getting outcarded, which is just so frustrating since you can't control it.Playing against the opponents I was playing against, they would not fold their hand whether it improved or didnt, so running over them was tough. You add in the combination of not catching hands or even hitting a pair and your in a tough spot.It feels like it's mathematically impossible to run as bad as I have. I go from having a monster bankroll to a badly depleted one on it's last legs. Looks like a movedown is probably going to happen at this rate.I've dropped 7k in the past 2 weeks and it just seems to be getting worst. Couple of smashed mouses too, which I won't count lol, I guess at least I can still poke some fun at it. I just feel like the censored poker player in the world right now.
Okay, calm down. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. It's happened to me before. I was losing in ring games, I was losing short handed, it just didn't make a difference. Who ever I played against got there. I felt sick, literally. But here's what I came to realize after that disaster. Part of it was my fault. Sure, I was taking some beats. But if you're not running well, I don't suggest playing short handed. That's just my opinion. I've recently learned what I think is optimal strategy for loose, tight, passive, aggressive players, etc. I thought that I understood before. But playing online has actually helped me analyze a bit more. Tell me when you're going to play you're next session, and if you want I'll check it out. Try and give you some feedback.
Yeah, I mean I'm calm and all, I just needed to get it outta the system I guess and this forum is good for doing that lol. Everytime I get tagged like this is because I'm in a good game and the fish are getting their revenge on me for taking most of their money from earlier.Playing shorthanded and like 4 tables at a time was probably not a good idea when I'm running this bad. Seeing as how my bankroll is deeply diminished, I'm going to multi-table some 5/10 and try to gain some confidence back in my game. I'm getting in a 5/10 session at Party and Absolute right now, so you can come check it out if you'd like.AKDMKS11 on PartyAKADEMIKS on Absolute