how's everyone doing these days?????????????

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously, since reading this thread an hour ago, i've dropped 175 bucks pla....haha literally as i was typing that, i got involved in a hand where i doubled upignore this.this post may provide good or bad luck.good luck. (bad luck?).

I suck, my bankroll is a roller coaster it goes from $500-3000 every week about. I've relied on poker for an income for about 2 years now and I don't think I'll be doing it much longer.
what games are u playing?
whatever I have 200bb's or 12 max buyins for.
My biggest problem at the moment is im becoming disenchanted with online poker. Now I wanted to try and build my bankroll playing sit and gos but it seems impossible for every win i get get get bad beats. I flopped the nuts the other day as shortstack and pushed all in to get called by 44 turn comes 4 rive rpairs the board I mean bad beat yes but it keeps happening.I think im going to have to play tables if i want to increase my roll but I suck at them i dont know if have the paience and I dont know when to play loose or tight.:club: thanks for the thread anyway.
Patience is obviously key. Try reading Zen and the Art of Poker. (I think that's what it's called)
thanks for the reply chief, will try and find that book.
Just made a sweet little $2 profit on a $10 7 stud MTT.  Definitely worth two hours of my time.  I'm actually doing pretty good right.  The only thing I'm really struggling with is finding the time to really sit down, focus and play.  With the holidays coming up I don't see it getting better any time soon.
I recommend on line shopping for Xmas gifts while playing poker. I also move the laptop to the kitchen table to play while wrapping. On line grocery shopping with home delivery, a cleaning lady, and you are all set. I can't help you with that whole "quality time with the relatives thing." Good Luck !

Well one more thing Steve:I have been playing on a private league for about 8 months. we're in season five now. in the last 4 seasons, i have made the finals three times (and the one i didn't qualify for, i only played one game in), made it to 9 final tables, and cashed 21 times (that's about out of 35 or so tournaments). However, a win has still eluded me. They consider me to be one of the best players at the site, yet I don't close the deal.I'm not pulling a Phil Hellmuth here (as in I'm not saying that I just get "so unlucky," and "the donkeys always draw" crap). I play well, I do get a little unlucky at times, but sometimes I just get caught with my pants down or just make a misread. But regardless, just trying to get over this hump is tough.Got 5 more games this season, hoping one of those is the key game.

Well one more thing Steve:I have been playing on a private league for about 8 months. we're in season five now.  in the last 4 seasons, i have made the finals three times (and the one i didn't  qualify for, i only played one game in), made it to 9 final tables, and cashed 21 times (that's about out of 35 or so tournaments).  However, a win has still eluded me.  They consider me to be one of the best players at the site, yet I don't close the deal.I'm not pulling a Phil Hellmuth here (as in I'm not saying that I just get "so unlucky," and "the donkeys always draw" crap).  I play well, I do get a little unlucky at times, but sometimes I just get caught with my pants down or just make a misread.  But regardless, just trying to get over this hump is tough.Got 5 more games this season, hoping one of those is the key game.
If you find yourself having difficulty taking first place, check out my thread in tournaement poker. It was called, "The best tournament advice I can give you." That might help.

Great article Steve. The thing is, I'm taking a lot of added risks in these things. I'm playing a varied amount of starting hands in a varied amount of ways. It's been giving me action, and it's been getting me respected at the same time. Yet I still hit the wall.Maybe I'm not taking enough risks? I guess we'll see. I'm going to go with it next week.Mind if I send you a few sample hands from next week's tournament, just to see if you think I played them too passively to win it?

Great article Steve.  The thing is, I'm taking a lot of added risks in these things.  I'm playing a varied amount of starting hands in a varied amount of ways.  It's been giving me action, and it's been getting me respected at the same time.  Yet I still hit the wall.Maybe I'm not taking enough risks?  I guess we'll see.  I'm going to go with it next week.Mind if I send you a few sample hands from next week's tournament, just to see if you think I played them too passively to win it?
Sure, send me some hands.
  • 1 month later...

things are going good. I havent played a lot lately since the holidays. I've been pretty busy getting ready for school to start again. I have a few big tournaments coming up lately, so i need to prepare myself with playing large fields 2000-3000 players. wish me luckteneight

I donked myself out of over 10% of my roll in 24 hours at the end of december, about $350 through a combo of tiltling and party blackjack. So I swore off party bj, found a site with a good bonus, got $250 from that and Ive made about $450 from poker so far this month. Right now my roll is the highest its ever been (almost 3000) and things are going good

Guest Zach6668

After months of sucking at poker, and losing money, I decided to come back to Party Poker and made my FINAL deposit of $50, and with the help of SSHE, and the unbelievable help of the strat section, I've turned that $50 into just about $2100 in less than 2 months 8) I'm doing just fine, thank you.Zach

I donked myself out of  over 10% of my roll in 24 hours at the end of december, about $350 through a combo of tiltling and party blackjack. So I swore off party bj, found a site with a good bonus, got $250 from that and Ive made about $450 from poker so far this month. Right now my roll is the highest its ever been (almost 3000) and things are going good
Glad to hear that you're doing well. I want to talk about online blackjack for a second. I've played blackjack on pokerroom. Ironically, I did fairly well. Having said that, I'm statistically a HUGE dog. I played just for the hell of it, and knew that it was not +ev. A person can only reduce the house edge in blackjack by counting cards. That is simply impossible online. There really is no reason for anyone to play blackjack online if they like money, lol.Anyway, glad to hear about your recent success.
After months of sucking at poker, and losing money, I decided to come back to Party Poker and made my FINAL deposit of $50, and with the help of SSHE, and the unbelievable help of the strat section, I've turned that $50 into just about $2100 in less than 2 months  8)  I'm doing just fine, thank you.Zach
Very cool. Honestly, I couldn't be happier for you. I haven't read sshe, but my poker student has. I watched him play, and disagreed with some of the choices that were being made. However, that might be the winning strategy at that limit.If you ever move up to 10-20 or higher lets try and talk. You might need to make a couple of adjustments. Good Luck.

Better than ever actually. I made a few changes:Stopped playing one-tables sit'n go's (not profitable)Started playing heads-up sit'n go's which are great fun and i won 20 out of my 22 first ones, so things are looking good.Finally learned to walk away from cash games when i've passed "the threshold of pain" instead of staying to keep sinking.Figured out through my stats that i start playing sloppy after 90 minutes without a break. Started taking breaks. Very good results.

Better than ever actually. I made a few changes:Stopped playing one-tables sit'n go's (not profitable)Started playing heads-up sit'n go's which are great fun and i won 20 out of my 22 first ones, so things are looking good.Finally learned to walk away from cash games when i've passed "the threshold of pain" instead of staying to keep sinking.Figured out through my stats that i start playing sloppy after 90 minutes without a break. Started taking breaks. Very good results.
I assume that you're fairly young, which isn't a bad thing. I could be wrong about you being young though. Regarding the 90 minutes. You're going to have to work on your endurance a little bit. I'm not sure how long of a break you're taking. Online is a little different than live imo. Either way, 4 hours is when you should be playing your best. But I would reccomend trying to work past those 90 minutes without getting sloppy. Good Luck.

Hey Steve,I got crabs...and the clap...and my herpes is acting up...other than that i made 3500 last week....take'er easy...hang 10....peace out....

Down about 300 BB since Christmas. Not playing poorly, just not hitting the cards. And when I do they get DONKEYPUNCHED by poor players that shouldn't be in the pot anyway. Oh well, they will get their's. Anyway, still trying to grind through this downswing. GL all.

Down about 300 BB since Christmas.  Not playing poorly, just not hitting the cards.  And when I do they get DONKEYPUNCHED by poor players that shouldn't be in the pot anyway.  Oh well, they will get their's.  Anyway, still trying to grind through this downswing.  GL all.
Yikes. 300 BB is a br to some. That can get quite costly. Try and tighten up. This might be tough to swallow, but usually people lose that amount due to poor luck and poor play. I could be wrong though. Good Luck.

Nope, my play is solid for the most part. Following SSHE to a T (I play LHE). just brutal run of cards. I'm not discouraged, I am a winning player. Just like a shooter in B-Ball, as long as you are playing a solid game, those baskets will start to go down. The only thing that will keep a shooter from scoring is by not shooting. I neglected to mention that I was on a monster upswing of variance for a month before the DS, so this run does not suprise me. If I tighten up any more than I am now I would be throwing AA away half the time!! LOL.Not worried, but thanks for the luck. Seems to be what I need. :-)

Nope, my play is solid for the most part.  Following SSHE to a T (I play LHE).  just brutal run of cards.  I'm not discouraged, I am a winning player.  Just like a shooter in B-Ball, as long as you are playing a solid game, those baskets will start to go down.  The only thing that will keep a shooter from scoring is by not shooting.  I neglected to mention that I was on a monster upswing of variance for a month before the DS, so this run does not suprise me.  If I tighten up any more than I am now I would be throwing AA away half the time!!  LOL.Not worried, but thanks for the luck.  Seems to be what I need. :-)
Hmm, another follower of sshe. Well, I hope that things work out.

Well,Since FCP poker room opened I have increased my bankroll by 167.02%.I think the 7 people to a flop has worked out well for me even enduring the horrendous call downs and river beats assosciated with them.Just wish the bonus cleared faster...