poker psychology, tight or loose???

Which method of poker do you prefer to play?-discuss pros and cons of each-when should you change it up and switch gearsI personally prefer to play a semi tight aggressive solid style of pokerJust to get things rolling, I'll start off with some pros and cons of playing tightprosoverall seems to be optimal play for making $$$your bluffs work alot more oftenconshave to be patient and wait for handseveryone knows when you have a handFlame on, why playing loose is better than playing tight, advantage of each style...why smashes theory works best and there shouldn't be any other way of playingwhy you think I suck, etc, etc, etc...Aloha

Tournaments....tight aggressive, play to win3/6 or 4/8 B&M loose aggressive. Too boring to try to just make money.But I just play mostly for fun. I win 75%of the time , but not enough $ to brag about. Plus I'm not capable of ramming people when I can. Too much of a sucker and feel sorry for the fish.Flame on

Based on your post, I'm assuming that you have no discipline. Since you are probably not that good at poker, you should play tight and exploit your large edges. Optimal play is much more loose-aggressive, but it requires a high degree of postflop skill. You must be able to save those bets anywhere you can.

I am not exactly tight but not exactly lose somewhere in between I play about 26% of my hands. A little high I think but I have no problem dumping them so I make a few bucks.

Based on your post, I'm assuming that you have no discipline.  Since you are probably not that good at poker, you should play tight and exploit your large edges.  Optimal play is much more loose-aggressive, but it requires a high degree of postflop skill.  You must be able to save those bets anywhere you can.
bad assumption, by the way, I am the laydownking, who ever gave you the right to call yourself that. j/k. Just because I made this post doesn't mean I have no discipline or suck, maybe I was trying to figure out why people play the way they do so I can get into their heads and make better reads on what hands they might be holding. As for my playing style, I try not to stick to the same strategy for a long period of time. I like to switch from tight to loose and from aggressive to passive everynow and then, always keep your opponnents guessing.

LAG LAG always LAGNow, you have to be serious in understanding position doing this, but still, I play LAG. Why? It's fun, and keeps my brain engaged. You win big pots, and, if you can manage to sidestep land mines here and there, lose only small ones. The only danger is that you have to control your call reflex. If you can make it work, you can run over a table. Of course, the bigger the table and the better the opposition, the more you need to tighten up, but that is just part of the game.

Gotta be loose/passive. Play every hand, because you never know when that 10 5 offsuit is going to flop a boat, and you sure don't want to have folded it when it hits!!If you ever raise preflop, all it's going to do is piss off the table and you don't want that, because you don't want anyone mad at you, do you?You have to call everything down, because you never know when the guy who raised preflop is just betting out a bluff. You have to keep him honest, after all. Your bottom pair could be the winner!You don't want to bet or raise when you have the nuts because you don't want to scare anyone off when that pot is yours!! :roll: sw

Loose is best. Say the optimal $VIP is 17%. I'd much rather play at 24% than 10%. It's much easier to win playing too loosely than win playing too tightly.
If 17% were optimal for the table, why would you play at 24%?I'm so baffled by your logic that I'm about to pass ou--
Based on your post, I'm assuming that you have no discipline. Since you are probably not that good at poker, you should play tight and exploit your large edges. Optimal play is much more loose-aggressive, but it requires a high degree of postflop skill. You must be able to save those bets anywhere you can.
Everyone knows that you can save bets like pro 8) As for you comment that LAG is optimal, it depends on your definition. When i think of lag i think of people who are raising with marginal hands in bad position, and people who bluff into pots they have no chance of winning. I think that playing selectively lag and selectively tag based on game conditions is best.
Loose is best. Say the optimal $VIP is 17%. I'd much rather play at 24% than 10%. It's much easier to win playing too loosely than win playing too tightly.
It's opposition dependent. If the average optimal number is 17%, I'd rather play at tables where optimal is closer to 24% than 10%.

I was going to post a long response, but I will make things simple. The longer you play, the more you will realize that you need to be able to switch gears with ease. TAG and LAG will eventually blend. Good Luck.

It's much easier to win playing too loosely than win playing too tightly.I play every hand. I win way more pots that way.Good luck.
Haddock or cod, sir?