taking smash's theory to the $5-10 table.

heres the thing.All your doing is getting lucky. It takes luck to catch AA,KK. and when you have these hands, it takes luck for them to hold up everytime.The whole strategy aspect of this isnt really strategy, its just a very simple way for horrible players to profit at NL on their lucky days
Someone may have already responded with this... but I'm too lazy to read a whole thread at the moment, so forgive me.This is pretty much true but a little oversimplified.Smash also allows for limping when possible with A-x suited, or pocket pairs, and pushing a flush or set. On the flop, if you can see a turn card cheaply with the nut flush draw or OESD, that's OK too (I THINK)This gives you a little more leeway with getting lucky by catching great hands...The true difference between the efficacy of the Smash theorum at the lower limit vs. higher limit games is quite simple. At a smaller stakes NL game, you are much much more likely to be called those times you push A-A or K-K, or when you've hit your set or flush on the flop. At higher stakes NL games, your tight preflop play may actually be noticed. And, even when it isn't, it's less likely at the higher stakes tables that you will be called with junk. Obviously there are exceptions, but this is why it works better on the small stakes tables.
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll work in any game where all ins get called frequently.If it's 1 billion/2 billion NL and people call preflop or flop all ins regularly you'll win money.It's not luck.Let me say for about the 9th time it wil outpreform the play of 99% of the people who post here who play NL. That's not hyperbole.Royal, I have zero doubt it outpreforms your winrate in any game.Sorry :(Good luck.

I see your point.Not a smash fan either here........ I think he should be banned from the site personally from his comments earlier about that person just asking for a prayer.I think you should be banned for never contributing a single fucking thing to this site, being a pathetic liar, and for your unhealthy obsession with me.Seriously.I think I'll take it up with J-Web later this week. Enjoy the banning.Good luck.

every 220 hands or something?.. cant remember exactly.but this doesnt mean its still 100% going to happen.50/50 that a coin is heads or tails. still doesnt mean it cant be tails for 1000 flips.u could easily go 500 hands with no aces or kings
Well the coin flip is a bad example, the odds of 1000 flips of a coin being tails consecutively are beyond ridiculous. Just to go into this a little further, the probability of even 10 flips being consecutive tails is approximately 1 in 1000. But yes about the AA and KK, in the shortrun (let's say 300 hands) as i said it is very possible to either not get them at all or to get them a relatively high percentage of the time. Smash's system, and any style for that matter is meant to hold up for a longrun. You can only judge a style in the 10,000s of hands at the least. Also if you know more about the system, as simple as it is, there are many more hands that qualify as playable, those are simply the only ones that you can move in pre-flop.

Ron.Its not the post that was so bad, it was his timing and choice of wording.It sounded like a very sarcastic and rude post for someone who was asking for thoughts and prayers.You yourself said it best. I'm not religious but you have my thoughts.Why did he have to take it to the level he did? why couldnt he have kept it at Goodluck.You should think about maybe getting a job as a Junior High School Hall Monitor. Then you could fulfill this aparent desire to judge other people arbitrarily.Or you could be a logo designer of some sort...og wait, you suck at that, I forgot.Hahahahhaha!!Man, I'm the best.Good luck.

Why is there so much controversy over this? I seriously don't understand. personally i can see this style being effective in a nl game, regardless of the limits, because you don't even need to get that much action on your hands being as you are such a huge favorite whenever the money goes in. If any of you can think of a mechanical nl strategy that can both be nearly this simple and as profitable then i challenge you to try. It probably is not possible.

The smash-system has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with the nature of low stakes no limit holdem. Enough people playing low stakes no limit are so unobservant and so just plain bad that you can avoid all pots where you're not an overwhelming favorite and still get people to call your large (all-in) bets when you are an overwhelming favorite. The particulars of the smash-system are pretty irrelevant - just a very simple formula for figuring out when you're likely to be an overwhelming favorite. It can be simplified even further - don't put in any money unless there's a decent chance you can become the big favorite, if there's a decent chance you can become the big favorite but you're not yet put in as little as possible, when you're likely the big favorite put in as much as possible.You can nut peddle at most any stakes NL. How exactly you go about that will change as you go up in stakes. And at some point you're unlikely enough to get paid off wit the nuts that the blinds will hurt big time.Personally I think the smash-system is more about insulting low stakes NL players by showing a really simple mechanical system that will beat most of them. I doubt Smash does or ever did use the system to play NL. Rather it's more an argument for why you shouldn't play NL.

Ron.Its not the post that was so bad, it was his timing and choice of wording.It sounded like a very sarcastic and rude post for someone who was asking for thoughts and prayers.You yourself said it best. I'm not religious but you have my thoughts.Why did he have to take it to the level he did? why couldnt he have kept it at Goodluck.You should think about maybe getting a job as a Junior High School Hall Monitor. Then you could fulfill this aparent desire to judge other people arbitrarily.Or you could be a logo designer of some sort...og wait, you suck at that, I forgot.Hahahahhaha!!Man, I'm the best.Good luck.
Royal, I have zero doubt it outpreforms your winrate in any game.Finally, You're picking on me.. Its about damn time you douchebag.Junior high school Monitor?.. i dont know. thats pretty weak smash. You're better then this.Logo designer?. well if that job really did exist. i'm sure i could try it out. i think you meant graphic designer. I'd try that too, but i'm content being an industrial Designer.Yes. your theory would outpreform my winrate. i have Zero winrate. ZERO. I have never won, and continue to dump money into online play to help feed to sharks. if i could mustard up enough rational thought to attempt your genius strategy, perhaps i would be in the positive numbers.but Alas., I'm forever going to be beat by players who use your amazing system

yeah, at 10/20 (sometimes at looser 5/10) and above it is pointless to use his strategy, there is too much action and to much gamble at those tables. There are times at 10/20 you'll wish you laid those kings down preflop when ytou have to use your whole stack to prtect your hand and it will still wind up 4 handed after the flop. It will work for 1/2 though, which is what i think was his point. Smash is not a highroller or a NL player, but this strat works for lower limits anyone who's not a NL player. imo of course.also,hitting a set will happen 1 in 7 times and a pocket pair has about a 10% frequency, so your only getting that 1 in 77 hands. Flopping a flush happens about 1 in 150 hands AFTER ALREADY HOLDING your suited ace, which is about 1 in 20. so get comfy and order a drink if you try this. + expect to get zero action if you only touch your chips once an hour

Did people seriously not realize this worked before Smash posted it? This wasn't the first thing people thought of playing nl online? Bodog nls are very soft so it works suprisingly far up.

Did people seriously not realize this worked before Smash posted it? This wasn't the first thing people thought of playing nl online? Bodog nls are very soft so it works suprisingly far up.
It's actually taken directly from Sklansky.The story about his friends daughter who played in a tournament for the very first time with no poker experience, and he said fold everything except AA,KK and AK, andpush all in when these come

Actually thats really different. That was in a tournament where people dont want to go all in and it was all pushing preflop. I believe "smash's strategy" entails hitting sets and getting paid off huge when your opponent is drawing close to dead. Along with pushing AA/KK hard and trying to make nut str8s and flushes and get paid off big.

It'll work in any game where all ins get called frequently.If it's 1 billion/2 billion NL and people call preflop or flop all ins regularly you'll win money.It's not luck.Let me say for about the 9th time it wil outpreform the play of 99% of the people who post here who play NL. That's not hyperbole.Good luck.
admittedly, you're completely right about it outperforming the play of 99% of people who post here.nh.that said, if anyone is serious about learning how to play at the higher no limit levels, which could turn a dedicated and talented college kid into a very affluent human being, it's a waste of time to apply this system.learn how to actually play and then watch the money pile up. looking for the easy way out may make you 10 bucks an hour, but why settle for that when it's not hard to make more.
It's actually taken directly from Sklansky.The story about his friends daughter who played in a tournament for the very first time with no poker experience, and he said fold everything except AA,KK and AK, andpush all in when these come
actually it was much more loose than that. any pair was a push as well. but this was to exploit the fact that tournament players were wary of calling off their whole stacks preflop early on. and since she would have amassed a healthy chip stack from her frequent uncalled pushes, she would be able to weather the hits from when she was called and lost.so they have completely opposite reasons for their success. sklanksy's system minimizes the chance of the daughter being outplayed and takes advantage of overly tight play. "smash's" system maximizes the mistakes of typical opponents and their overly loose play.

I played this system four tables for four hours the other night on the 50 buy-in at Party. I watched a movie while playing. It is very easy, unless......You hit one friggin' set the entire time. 4 hours at 4 tables. I flopped jacks full of deuces and pushed and got no callers. I had aces once and pushed and got no callers. nothing else ever hit and I never saw a pair above 9s otherwise. It was an amazing bad run of cards, but.....It was a no brainer that I didn't have to think on. I made a measly 24 bucks on the night with those absolute crappy hands. I think it works, and that run of cards I had couldn't have been worse.So if you want a decent chance at making money, chat with your wife, eat dinner and watch a movie all while four tabling party, play this method. I'll still probably stick with limit and O/8 for the most of the time.

I only wish smash would take the time to pick on me as well. It would fulfill a lifetime goal of mine. Alas, it appears I am not worthy of his time. Passive aggressive though, don't ya think? Or is it what I like to call, aggressive indifference.

I only wish smash would take the time to pick on me as well. It would fulfill a lifetime goal of mine. Alas, it appears I am not worthy of his time. Passive aggressive though, don't ya think? Or is it what I like to call, aggressive indifference.
not entirely sure. i think i sensed some jealousy, the whole logo comment. Maybe his true passion is design and not romance novels?

I think he's jealous of our passionate love affair and the occasional three ways we have with speedz. He wants to join since wifey is gone. I'll allow it only if he promises to write about it afterwards. Something along the lines of this:As Royal removed his Roots Canadian shirt, revealing a washboard stomach, Rom Mexico immediately stood at attention. Paco the pool boy felt strangely out of place, yet was frozen. All three then embraced in a kiss for what seemed like hours. Only then did Paco utter his first words in English, someone put a c0ck in me now.

Why wouldn't a theory that works at $2/4 work at $5/10. They are both low limit games. Before the advent of the Internet and the micro games, 5/10 was the high end of low limit. Again, the TV poker consumers are lost in the big picture of poker.

I think he's jealous of our passionate love affair and the occasional three ways we have with speedz. He wants to join since wifey is gone. I'll allow it only if he promises to write about it afterwards. Something along the lines of this:As Royal removed his Roots Canadian shirt, revealing a washboard stomach, Rom Mexico immediately stood at attention. Paco the pool boy felt strangely out of place, yet was frozen. All three then embraced in a kiss for what seemed like hours. Only then did Paco utter his first words in English, someone put a c0ck in me now.
If this were a real book I would buy it. Does that make me gay ot just bi-curious?
You had me at hello.best.post.today

I actually might write a gay poker story now. Smash, care to collaborate? I like where that was heading. I'll use characters from FCP. BTW, both Fubar

:shock:

not entirely sure. i think i sensed some jealousy, the whole logo comment. Nah, I just find t amusing that you're so enamored of me that you'd attempt to criticize something you clearly didn't even take the ten seconds nessicary to understand.Don't worry, though, that doesn't make you just another idiot seeking attention by posting about me, because you did it on purpose in an intentionaly ironic way, like the kid who rides his bike into a wall, but really meant to do it.Right?Hahah.Good luck man.