owing money to a online poker site????

has anyone owed money to a online site? and if they dont pay the OWED amount, what would the online poker site do and how could they collect from anyone in the US since it is illegle to gamble online from the US.

Well it is not technically illegal, it is a gray area that is under debate. I also don't know of any poker sites that would front you money so that you could possibly owe them anything.

I'm not sure how it'd be possible to owe money to an online pokersite. It would be possible to owe money to a company such as Firepay or Neteller if you deposited funds you didn't have, I suppose. I would suggest not doing this.

ok here we go...party poker has a systemthat you can enter you bank account..then when you make a deposit they ask for a check number...they credit their account right away but the money doesnt get taken out for a few days...so the guys loses the money and no more money in the bank and bounces..and now PP is waiting for another deposit so they can just take it and not credit the account....but if that guy never plays that sit ..HOW can they collect? i have done this once BUT paid it back...just wondering what could they have done if i didnt pay it back...

ok here we go...party poker has a systemthat you can enter you bank account..then when you make a deposit they ask for a check number...they credit their account right away but the money doesnt get taken out for a few days...so the guys loses the money and no more money in the bank and bounces..and now PP is waiting for another deposit so they can just take it and not credit the account....but if that guy never plays that sit ..HOW can they collect?    i have done this once BUT paid it back...just wondering what could they have done if i didnt pay it back...
What?
ok here we go...party poker has a systemthat you can enter you bank account..then when you make a deposit they ask for a check number...they credit their account right away but the money doesnt get taken out for a few days...so the guys loses the money and no more money in the bank and bounces..and now PP is waiting for another deposit so they can just take it and not credit the account....but if that guy never plays that sit ..HOW can they collect?    i have done this once BUT paid it back...just wondering what could they have done if i didnt pay it back...
it may take a few days for the check to post to your account, but they check immediately and the money is locked up immediately. The problem is between you and your bank if you manage to spend it before it posts officially, I do believe.
it may take a few days for the check to post to your account, but they check immediately and the money is locked up immediately. The problem is between you and your bank if you manage to spend it before it posts officially, I do believe.
They authorize it just like a credit card. Instant. No way to not get the moey, the bank would pay it in any instance becasue they can then charge and overdraft fee.

Actually, that's not true. I just opened a new checking account and due to some BS patriot act junk, I didn't give them enough information on it, so they closed the account. But before they closed the account I put money in my online poker account via a check. When I checked the balanced they paid out to me after closing my accound it was 50$ more than it should have been, and my deposit online was 50$. So my assumption is that the check money didn't in fact get locked up. so i'm 50$ richer than i should be!!! whee!!! until the mafia comes and breaks my legs because i cheated them out of 50$ on pacific poker!! whee!!!

I know what you mean.They probably wouldn't do anything but keep your account locked up until you deposited the amount you owed.The problem being is that you can't do anything with your account while it's locked up so either you gamble away all the money which is pointless in itself, or your money is locked up in the poker account until you pay for it.If I write an "e-check" I can make it for any amount regardless the amount of money in my account. My bank will bounce the amount of the check and then recredit it to my account.example: I have $100 in my bank account. I make an e-check for $500. When the check tries to clear my bank account will be in the negative $400. When the check is returned I will have a balance of $100, minus the $28 overdraft fee. In the meantime though the money is already on Party Poker because it does an instant transfer. However I won't be able to cash that money out, and party poker will block my account for posting a bad check.It's stupid to do because you won't be able to get to your money.

this is off the topic a bit but my friend checked his savings account one day like six months ago and it stated his balance was $9300 when he really only had like five hundred dollars in it. he hasnt said anything to the bank and the money is still in there and he hasnt spent it. Its funny because he used to smoke a lot of marijuana and said he wont smoke again until a)the money is taken back by the bank or b)he's waiting for a year to pass before he attempts to withdraw the money. not sure what happens if they catch it and he spends the money.

I know what you mean.They probably wouldn't do anything but keep your account locked up until you deposited the amount you owed.The problem being is that you can't do anything with your account while it's locked up so either you gamble away all the money which is pointless in itself, or your money is locked up in the poker account until you pay for it.If I write an "e-check" I can make it for any amount regardless the amount of money in my account. My bank will bounce the amount of the check and then recredit it to my account.example: I have $100 in my bank account. I make an e-check for $500. When the check tries to clear my bank account will be in the negative $400. When the check is returned I will have a balance of $100, minus the $28 overdraft fee. In the meantime though the money is already on Party Poker because it does an instant transfer. However I won't be able to cash that money out, and party poker will block my account for posting a bad check.It's stupid to do because you won't be able to get to your money.
what if you lost that money in your party poker account before they lock it?
  • 3 years later...

Hello EVERY ONE IM WRITING IN CAPS SO YOU READ THIS, THIS INFORMATION IS THE BEST FOR THIS QUESTION........... I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. FIRST OF ALL, YES YOU CAN ECHECK MONEY TO FULL TILT OR POKERSTARS( <SUX) THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE . OK THEY CREDIT YOU INSTANTLY, WHICH MEENS YOU CAN SEND ECHECK FOR A 100 DOLLARS OF MONEY YOU DONT HAVE AND THEN (IF YOUR A GOOD PLAYER)) YOU CAN FLIP THAT CREDITED 100 INTO 300,500, OR EVEN 1000 , AS MUCH AS YOU WANT , NOW IF YOU ECHECK FROM A REAL ACCOUNT THEY CAN OVERDRAFT FROM YOUR ACCOUNT, YOUR BANK WIL CHARGE YOU BOUNCE CHECK FEE (AROUND 35 BUX, AND THEN AN OVERDRAFT FEE , ITS A BITCH LOAD OF MONEYBUT IF YOU SEND IT TO A WRONG ACCOUNT OR AN ACCOUNT THAT YOUVE CANCLED AT YOUR BANK THEN THEY CAN ONLY SEND YOUR ACCOUNT NEGATIVE ON THE POKER SITE. BUT IF YOUVE ALLREADY MADE 500 OFF THE ORIGINAL 100 THEN THEY JUST DEDUCT 100 FROM YOUR POKER ACCOUNT AND YOU KEEP THE OTHER 400! , YES THIS IS TRU AND IT HAPPPENSBUT IF YOUR ALLREADY IN THE NEGATIVE BANK ACCOUNT YOU BANK WILL BOUNCE AN E CHECK AND YOU WILL JUST OWE THAT SITE MONEY , IF U DONT PAY THEY WILL CLOSE YOUR POKER ACCOUNT OUT UNTIL; YOU DO, I MYSELF AM THINKING OF ECHECKING 50 TO FULL TILT RIGHT NOW TO ON ALL ROUTING NUMBER AND ACCOUNT NUMBER THAT HAS BEEN CLOSED AT MY BANK, FULL TILT WILL CREDIT ME MONEY SEEING AS HOW I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SENT THEM AN ECHECK BEFOR FROM THIS ACCOUNT, THAT IS BEFOR I CLOSED IT TWO DAYS AGO) SO WHEN I SEND E CHECK THIS TIME AS LONG AS I STAY ABOVE 50 THEY WILL JUST DEDUCT IT FROM MY ACCOUNT. IT IS TRU YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH NO MONEY BUT IT IS HARD , YA GOTTA BE A SKILLED PLAYER

Hello EVERY ONE IM WRITING IN CAPS SO YOU READ THIS, THIS INFORMATION IS THE BEST FOR THIS QUESTION........... I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. FIRST OF ALL, YES YOU CAN ECHECK MONEY TO FULL TILT OR POKERSTARS( <SUX) THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE . OK THEY CREDIT YOU INSTANTLY, WHICH MEENS YOU CAN SEND ECHECK FOR A 100 DOLLARS OF MONEY YOU DONT HAVE AND THEN (IF YOUR A GOOD PLAYER)) YOU CAN FLIP THAT CREDITED 100 INTO 300,500, OR EVEN 1000 , AS MUCH AS YOU WANT , NOW IF YOU ECHECK FROM A REAL ACCOUNT THEY CAN OVERDRAFT FROM YOUR ACCOUNT, YOUR BANK WIL CHARGE YOU BOUNCE CHECK FEE (AROUND 35 BUX, AND THEN AN OVERDRAFT FEE , ITS A BITCH LOAD OF MONEYBUT IF YOU SEND IT TO A WRONG ACCOUNT OR AN ACCOUNT THAT YOUVE CANCLED AT YOUR BANK THEN THEY CAN ONLY SEND YOUR ACCOUNT NEGATIVE ON THE POKER SITE. BUT IF YOUVE ALLREADY MADE 500 OFF THE ORIGINAL 100 THEN THEY JUST DEDUCT 100 FROM YOUR POKER ACCOUNT AND YOU KEEP THE OTHER 400! , YES THIS IS TRU AND IT HAPPPENSBUT IF YOUR ALLREADY IN THE NEGATIVE BANK ACCOUNT YOU BANK WILL BOUNCE AN E CHECK AND YOU WILL JUST OWE THAT SITE MONEY , IF U DONT PAY THEY WILL CLOSE YOUR POKER ACCOUNT OUT UNTIL; YOU DO, I MYSELF AM THINKING OF ECHECKING 50 TO FULL TILT RIGHT NOW TO ON ALL ROUTING NUMBER AND ACCOUNT NUMBER THAT HAS BEEN CLOSED AT MY BANK, FULL TILT WILL CREDIT ME MONEY SEEING AS HOW I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY SENT THEM AN ECHECK BEFOR FROM THIS ACCOUNT, THAT IS BEFOR I CLOSED IT TWO DAYS AGO) SO WHEN I SEND E CHECK THIS TIME AS LONG AS I STAY ABOVE 50 THEY WILL JUST DEDUCT IT FROM MY ACCOUNT. IT IS TRU YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH NO MONEY BUT IT IS HARD , YA GOTTA BE A SKILLED PLAYER
I'm inclined to agree

I have a friend who is a degen and a moron at the same time.He owes pokerstars $400 because of the explanation Mr Caps gave.Funny thing is he has 75000 FPPs..So it would make sense for him to just pay the debt so he can access the account.

Hello ME again, and yes i actually credited 200 to my account,(my closed account that is and lost it all lol. now all i have to loose as a full tilt account until i pay them 200 , which will most likely not happen , lol see every one you really can spend money thats not yours at the expense of a poker company

Hello ME again, and yes i actually credited 200 to my account,(my closed account that is and lost it all lol. now all i have to loose as a full tilt account until i pay them 200 , which will most likely not happen , lol see every one you really can spend money thats not yours at the expense of a poker company
Why do people with such low post counts never formulate proper sentences?Nobody's first (or in this case second) post ever seems to be logical or follow the proper rules of syntax
I don't know how to put this nicely, so I'll just be frank.You sir are a horrible human being.
Why do people with such low post counts never formulate proper sentences?Nobody's first (or in this case second) post ever seems to be logical or follow the proper rules of syntax
I don't know about any of that, but I can't understand how this guy lost it all.