should there be drug testing for the wsop?

Lol. I've gotten some really interesting responses today. FCP is so funny I wonder how long DN is going to keep this place or if it'll ever get moderated since a bunch of self-absorbed know-it-alls run it like a their own gay bath club.So much intellegence on this board - its no wonder you're not all playing at the bellagio every night.

no. who cares.
No, stupid idea. Especially about wanting poker to go mainstream anyway. It will die off in the next couple of years.
added concentration for poker on coke? where do i sign up?!
Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.
And this after a valid opinion even
EDIT: after futher consideration... i din't even need to wirte this, youre an a$$. But it did let me ven
Trust me champs you're going to go far. With skill of debate like this you guys could be running political campaigns and running the world in no time . . if you can ge tout of mommies basement that is.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think coke or speed would give you added focus during a grueling tournament like the ME than you've obviously never done these drugs.
Obviously never done them before... wow does that make you cool or something for having tried them?Retarded post
Many major professional sports and amatuer events (olympics) require drug testing.  If poker really wants to become a main stream sports should drug use be banned?It would certainly thin the field. And I would argue that it can give someone an advantage.  If you don't think coke or speed would give you added focus during a grueling tournament like the ME than you've obviously never done these drugs.However think of what could be lost.  Stu Ungar would have been banned from competing.  The Mouth, though not proven, has likely used during this years main event.What do we want clean poker or anybody can play f-up or not?discuss.
proletartiat...please stop starting really lame threads. I just came in here this afternoon and this is the second stupid thread you have started. the first one was about the Cardplayer P.O.Y.just leave now!!
Lol.  I've gotten some really interesting responses today.  FCP is so funny I wonder how long DN is going to keep this place or if it'll ever get moderated since a bunch of self-absorbed know-it-alls run it like a their own gay bath club.So much intellegence on this board - its no wonder you're not all playing at the bellagio every night.
no. who cares.
No, stupid idea. Especially about wanting poker to go mainstream anyway. It will die off in the next couple of years.
EDIT: after futher consideration... i din't even need to wirte this, youre an a$$. But it did let me ven
Trust me champs you're going to go far. With skill of debate like this you guys could be running political campaigns and running the world in no time . . if you can ge tout of mommies basement that is.
let me rephrasecoke does not empiracly make you a better player (i know a few players how can realy fu ck the dog playing coked up). they gave the snowboarder his gold metal back. steroids would not help either... how are freedoms infringed on? All drugs should be legalized, coke, heroin... everything. it's a freedom, and i'm a grass roots republican. No criminal justice study has ever shown the deterurrence theroy of crime has ever prevented drugs (see Mahler "A race to Incarcerate" 1998 SIC). and popular theory goes against ityour best bet in poker enhancing drugs is ritalin, aderol and dexatine, maybe ephedrine. Every ball player takes those and no sports views them as illegal.
no, but there should be drug testing for posting on this forum.
Yeah, but what's a forum with 5 people?
Players should be tested for Hostess products...that would definitely thin the field out.  Seriously, worst.thread.ever.
Saying that a thread is the worst ever, is sort of like opening the fridge pulling out a gallon of stale curded milk, saying "This is the worst milk ever" Then proceeding to pour yourself a bowel of cheerios.Doesn't make a lot of sense eh?
Lol.  I've gotten some really interesting responses today.  FCP is so funny I wonder how long DN is going to keep this place or if it'll ever get moderated since a bunch of self-absorbed know-it-alls run it like a their own gay bath club.So much intellegence on this board - its no wonder you're not all playing at the bellagio every night.
no. who cares.
let me rephrasecoke does not empiracly make you a better player (i know a few players how can realy fu ck the dog playing coked up). they gave the snowboarder his gold metal back. steroids would not help either... how are freedoms infringed on? All drugs should be legalized, coke, heroin... everything. it's a freedom, and i'm a grass roots republican. No criminal justice study has ever shown the deterurrence theroy of crime has ever prevented drugs (see Mahler "A race to Incarcerate" 1998 SIC). and popular theory goes against ityour best bet in poker enhancing drugs is ritalin, aderol and dexatine, maybe ephedrine. Every ball player takes those and no sports views them as illegal.
First of all, your last paragraph. Ephedrine, if I'm correct is the same as Ephedra which is banned by football and baseball. Second- It's gold MEDAL not metal.Other than that, top notch.

so if i go to my bowling night after dropping some acid, maybe i should get drug tested and banned from my league? hell, if i go bet with my buddies on a round of golf and i'm high out of my gourd, i should be banned from the golf course.players front their money, they can come in any state they'd like. they can come with a beer helmet filled with 2 cups of cow urine for all i care. smoke up, drink up, snort up, shoot up, enjoy yourselves before you indulge in some poker.

so if i go to my bowling night after dropping some acid, maybe i should get drug tested and banned from my league?  hell, if i go bet with my buddies on a round of golf and i'm high out of my gourd, i should be banned from the golf course.players front their money, they can come in any state they'd like.  they can come with a beer helmet filled with 2 cups of cow urine for all i care.  smoke up, drink up, snort up, shoot up, enjoy yourselves before you indulge in some poker.
This more or less hit the nail on the head.
so if i go to my bowling night after dropping some acid, maybe i should get drug tested and banned from my league?  hell, if i go bet with my buddies on a round of golf and i'm high out of my gourd, i should be banned from the golf course.players front their money, they can come in any state they'd like.  they can come with a beer helmet filled with 2 cups of cow urine for all i care.  smoke up, drink up, snort up, shoot up, enjoy yourselves before you indulge in some poker.
Just don't get caught with the snort up and shoot up right? Jeeez, I don't even have kids and this is making me sick.

LMAO... I dont even know how this is a relevent question...I try not to be critical of others posts, but this is way out there. What would drug testing accomplish in poker??? What drug could someone possibly take that gives them an advantage in poker? The only reason for drug testing is to "supposedly" level the playing field.I vote for IQ testing, Man we could really thin the field then...

i would pay to see a tournament where drug use was mandatory.
Pot heads vs Ritalin/Aderol freaks we could call it The Red Eyed vs. The Bug Eyed.
Reminds me of quere eye for the straight guy. :roll:- the show of course.
so if i go to my bowling night after dropping some acid, maybe i should get drug tested and banned from my league? hell, if i go bet with my buddies on a round of golf and i'm high out of my gourd, i should be banned from the golf course.players front their money, they can come in any state they'd like. they can come with a beer helmet filled with 2 cups of cow urine for all i care. smoke up, drink up, snort up, shoot up, enjoy yourselves before you indulge in some poker.
Just don't get caught with the snort up and shoot up right? Jeeez, I don't even have kids and this is making me sick.
You need to have kids to have a sense of morals?Caffiene is a stimulant so I suppose soda should be banned from poker as well.Betz, get a fucking grip on reality.
coke does not empiracly make you a better player (i know a few players how can realy fu ck the dog playing coked up). they gave the snowboarder his gold metal back. steroids would not help either... how are freedoms infringed on?Edit: your best bet in poker enhancing drugs is ritalin, aderol and dexatine, maybe ephedrine. Every ball player takes those and no sports views them as illegal.
But it is altering your state of mind. And can (as in possibly, and very probably) enhance your focus and concentration. Fighter pilots use speed (and drugs like those mentioned above) for just such a purpose. The ME is a test of endurance and should be played on a level field.They gave the gold metal back because the concentrations were low and he said that he was in a room where it was smoked. Beside which pot doesn't cause an advbantage to poker, where drugs we are talking about can very much affect how players do.
You can't be serious. I think our rights are infringed upon enough as it is, why can't we just let people do what they want to do. As long as it doesn't effect others, who gives a censored? Suit: Club
Because games have rules and should be played fairly. This is not an infringement. If they don't want to win the prize money- don't enter. it's a free world., but competion should have rules.
Obviously never done them before... wow does that make you cool or something for having tried them?Retarded post
Doesn't make me cool. But I've seen some amazing things done by people on speed and so anecdotally I can say that the effects of such drugs do make an impact on performance.
proletartiat...please stop starting really lame threads. I just came in here this afternoon and this is the second stupid thread you have started. the first one was about the Cardplayer P.O.Y.just leave now!!
Nobody is making you read. You leave.
You need to have kids to have a sense of morals?Caffiene is a stimulant so I suppose soda should be banned from poker as well.Betz, get a fucking grip on reality.
Don't forget about gatorade
All drugs should be legalized, coke, heroin... everything. it's a freedom, and i'm a grass roots republican. No criminal justice study has ever shown the deterurrence theroy of crime has ever prevented drugs (see Mahler "A race to Incarcerate" 1998 SIC). and popular theory goes against it. the only time drugs should be illegal is when they infringe on others freedom. (drunk driving, coked up fights, steroids) and i can't see how freeodm is affected here.
I agree with you 99%. The 1% I disagree with is the fact that you're a Republican. :)Strange thing, I don't see how you can be a Republican and support legalization of drugs. It just seems that you'd have similar feeling son other similar issues which would drive you away from conservativism. Maybe not, maybe it's just that 1 issue. Interesting though.
so if i go to my bowling night after dropping some acid, maybe i should get drug tested and banned from my league?hell, if i go bet with my buddies on a round of golf and i'm high out of my gourd, i should be banned from the golf course.players front their money, they can come in any state they'd like. they can come with a beer helmet filled with 2 cups of cow urine for all i care. smoke up, drink up, snort up, shoot up, enjoy yourselves before you indulge in some poker.
There is a difference between a professional game and amatuer bs that doesn't matter. Unless $7.5 Million is on the line at your bowling league. But that's not the point. I could think of few drugs that might aid bowling, whereas usefull drugs to poker that aid in staying up and staying focused has a whole catalogue of drugs.
Don't forget about gatorade
Why even go there? If you have a problem with what is considered illegal take it up with your congressman. I've said it before, I'm probably a little too much on the conservative side, but that's my opinion.Oh, and if I didn't have a grip on reality I guess I would be all for drugs and alcohol right?
What would drug testing accomplish in poker???
Maybe the greatest poker player alive would have straightened himself out before going out like a chump. Maybe we would have got to see years and years of Ungar playing. Wouldn't that be something for poker.In the immortal words of Napoleon Dynamite: IDIOTS!
They gave the gold metal back because the concentrations were low and he said that he was in a room where it was smoked. Beside which pot doesn't cause an advbantage to poker, where drugs we are talking about can very much affect how players do.
Are you sure cause there are some scary azz Pot Heads in poker. fwiw
so if i go to my bowling night after dropping some acid, maybe i should get drug tested and banned from my league?hell, if i go bet with my buddies on a round of golf and i'm high out of my gourd, i should be banned from the golf course.players front their money, they can come in any state they'd like. they can come with a beer helmet filled with 2 cups of cow urine for all i care. smoke up, drink up, snort up, shoot up, enjoy yourselves before you indulge in some poker.
There is a difference between a professional game and amatuer bs that doesn't matter. Unless $7.5 Million is on the line at your bowling league. But that's not the point. I could think of few drugs that might aid bowling, whereas usefull drugs to poker that aid in staying up and staying focused has a whole catalogue of drugs.
So you should start testing people who do pull tabs, scratch tickets and play the lottery, no doubt. All that money on the line and all.Can you imagine the number of scratch tickets a coke head could clear in an hour? The possibilities are endless.
Many major professional sports and amatuer events (olympics) require drug testing. If poker really wants to become a main stream sports should drug use be banned?It would certainly thin the field. And I would argue that it can give someone an advantage. If you don't think coke or speed would give you added focus during a grueling tournament like the ME than you've obviously never done these drugs.However think of what could be lost. Stu Ungar would have been banned from competing. The Mouth, though not proven, has likely used during this years main event.What do we want clean poker or anybody can play f-up or not?discuss.
shutup