letter from howard lederer

I can see why Daniel doesnt like Annie. Ive never met her, but from what Ive seen on TV, between the poker shows, interviews, Letterman, etc, the woman is obnoxious. She would get on my nerves quick, and I wouldnt be able to keep quiet, I would say something.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not buying into this one... Can't see that coming from Danny at all!Is there really any constructive thing that can come out of this thread anyway?? he said she said blah blah blah..
Me either, in fact, I can't see any of them writing this stuff.
Mods...please lock this!
Don't lock it. I haven't had my say on the matter yet.I belive that people should be able to disagree. If you don't have rivalries in a sport, it's just not fun anymore. I want to see more annie vs danny type of things. Keeps the games interesting. If everyone liked everyone else at the table, taking thier chips would make you feel bad.*And as for Annie not playing in the women's only tournament, I agree with her decision. After all, there's not a men's only tournament. When I saw the women's only torunament that was one that i still haven't watched. It's not like poker is a physical sport where the differences in men and women are as dramatic. Poker is a game of mental skill and luck.

I think Howard and his sister are a little too close if you know what i mean. When ever she wins does she call her husband....no.... I gotta call Howard. I never even hear her mention her husband...its always Bub this and Bub that..disgusting. :D DeNuts1 :)

First, a public apology to Daniel, Annie, and Howard himself that this post was allowed . The Forum was promised that the Moderators/Admin. would screen such "nastiness" as stated in Daniel's latest post. I got up this morning to see if Daniel had posted anything re his great third place finish in Tunica and noticed the post re letter from Howard Lederer which looked interesting. After the great three days of the Forum where everyone was giving results, giving us websites to follow Daniel's Tunica play , to read this post was distasteful. Daniel had posted earlier that he had changed tremendously since the last year and a half (religion, his girlfriend , Lori,etc.) and had apologized to all . Women are in this forum. Please., Daniel Negreanu, address this issue so we can get back to the spirit of gambling Posts we had while you were in Tunica.

She was upset with the fact that she had now been raised the minimumby the limper and was "forced" to call the extra 60,000 raise. Afterlambasting Mr.Kaufman for something he had EVERY RIGHT to do, sheended up flopping an ace and WINNING the pot because of the calledstring raise. "Well maybe that was the BEST thing that ever happenedto me in a tournament." Snort, snort, giggle, giggle.HAHAHAHAI knew there was a reason that i didnt like her. I got Daniel's back.

She was upset with the fact that she had now been raised the minimumby the limper and was "forced" to call the extra 60,000 raise. Afterlambasting Mr.Kaufman for something he had EVERY RIGHT to do, sheended up flopping an ace and WINNING the pot because of the calledstring raise. "Well maybe that was the BEST thing that ever happenedto me in a tournament." Snort, snort, giggle, giggle.HAHAHAHAI knew there was a reason that i didnt like her. I got Daniel's back.
Actually it was Jim McManus who string-raised her. Its detailed from his perspective in 'Positively Fifth Street'. He is also clearly not an Annie Duke fan. He also has a great Daniel moment in one hand :D

I was laughing at the part about the snort snort giggle giggle....lolololol.....im still laughing......thats the funniest thing i have read all week. She does sound like that......funny

it's too bad this is interesting but unfortunately in this society it is. after reading daniels journal i was suprised with some of his alleged comments. im sure daniel now feels plenty of embarrasment for these things hes said and though daniel is probably a different person now i think he realises that hes gotta take his medicine, everyone who thinks we should just drop this subject should realise this also . my personal opinion is that daniel should continue the originality of this site and directly respond to this group. ive really admired him for his openness, its extremely rare for someone in the public eye to be as open as he has, and im not saying to give us the juicy details but maybe just a reiteration of what he has already stated in previous coulumns. i think our society is greatly lacking this open honesty. i mean the only reason this is interesting to any of us is because we have all had similar experiences in our life. if the world could more openly discuss their own embarassments and faults it would be a much better place. i think daniel has already shown leadership in this idea and it would be great to see him do even more.

If you'd like my take on the thread check out my new blog entry entitled The Past, Present, and the Future... and TILT.
READ IT. are you guys stupid? this was super old... a LONG time ago... so read that blog. and mind your own business. he explains his actions and his current feelings on the subject very clearly in there. so just read it. and let this retarded thread die.P.S. If this is not the last post in this thread... and if this thread makes it to four pages... I will be VERY VERY disappointed in the intelligence level of all of it's member... read the blog... get over it... and don't talk about it anymore. water under the bridge... MOD LOCK IT!
P.S. If this is not the last post in this thread... and if this thread makes it to four pages... I will be VERY VERY disappointed in the intelligence level of all of it's member... read the blog... get over it... and don't talk about it anymore. water under the bridge... MOD LOCK IT!
And what give YOU the right to demand the final word on this thread?

OMG, I can't believe what I've been reading on the forum :shock: Danny, I thought I could look up to u, respect u, admire u( maybe even have lunch with u one day?). But after what you've been doing..... I dunno....I mean how could u sink so low??????? :cry: I dunno if I can play poker any more after this.... not if this is the sort of person I'll become. u even talk about it without shame or embarassment, u could have just kept quiet about it even. I mean, we can all make rash decisions or do sumthin stooopid, but didn't u stop to think??? Oh Danny, why??? Whyd'ya do it?? Whyd'ya have to....play X-Box? :roll:

seriously...lol.why should it be regreted or embarassed over. If ahosang(picking on you since you were the last to post) asked a question about the best way to play AAKK 4 suited and I being a little touchy tell him hes a ****ing idiot who sucks, should I be embarassed and regretfull if I become a famous actor 8 years from now!?like none of you have ever said mean things to anyone. get over it people.

Actually it was Jim McManus who string-raised her. Its detailed from his perspective in 'Positively Fifth Street'. He is also clearly not an Annie Duke fan. He also has a great Daniel moment in one hand :D
Was McManus the same one that said Ellix Powers disrespeted the game of poker (or made a mockery of it)???
Was McManus the same one that said Ellix Powers disrespeted the game of poker (or made a mockery of it)???
Yeah, it was. But consider that he is also the one that wrote that awful fifth street book that so many consider a poker must read.
  • 7 months later...
Yeah, it was. But consider that he is also the one that wrote that awful fifth street book that so many consider a poker must read.
It's an interesting story none the less...
  • 1 month later...
It's an interesting story none the less...
No it's not.