ready for war daniel? it's not the same

Daniel,Let me start by saying that I am one of your biggest fans, but your "ready for war" comments are just as bad as some of the nicknames such as “Jesus” and “Unabomber” that you have openly opposed. Think about what you said. Do you really think that playing in a poker tournament is the same as war? Sorry, but I don’t think that someone saying “ALL IN” is the same as someone shooting at you. What really bothers me about you saying it is that you have criticized others for doing what is essentially the same thing!A quote from you,“Personally, I'm not all that offended by it, but as I said in a post in the forums I can imagine that those that lost loves once at the hands of the mass murderer might not love the idea of people chanting, "Go UnaBomber."” (For those of you who will flame please note that Daniel said “not all that offended,” not that he wasn’t offended at all)Just as people that had loved ones killed by the Unabomber probably don’t like the nickname, the people who have had loved ones killed or wounded in one of our wars probably will take offense to a poker game (or any game for that matter) being compared to a war. I’ll bet if you asked Greg Raymer whether he felt that the WSOP, or being robbed outside of the Bellagio was closer to real combat that he might have a different opinion than you do on what felt more like combat.In my personal opinion we are way to politically correct these days, but if we are going to criticize others, we should live by the same standards that we expect from others. One thing that I definitely agree with you on, writing a blog and making your life so public can definitely be a tricky situation!Now that I’ve said my piece, I’d like to thank you for sharing your life (and your opinions) and giving us the chance to respond. Good luck in the main event!God bless,Royal

ur reading way to much into it
No - just making a point. Personally I'm not offended by the Unabomber, Jesus, or the war statements. As I said, we are way to PC these days.

Wow, did I miss a sw there? A lot of people have considered events, especially sporting events as a war zone. If you really don't get the difference then you're just an idiot. And here are some definitions of "war" since we are being PC and all..- To be in a state of hostility or rivalry; contend.- A condition of active antagonism or contention- The period of such conflict

No - just making a point. Personally I'm not offended by the Unabomber, Jesus, or the war statements. As I said, we are way to PC these days.
Then shut up and stop perpetuating the problem!

You know...I am sick of all these "Don't say WAR unless you are getting shot at" crap.I have friends that actually saw COMBAT and they could care less when a Football player says that he is going to war....Going to "WAR" is a statement of a state of mind....RELAX PEOPLE.

I can't believe this post. PC has totally gotten out of control. The terms "Unabomber" and "Jesus" are pretty specific. "War" is used much more commonly, wow why am I even wasting my time. People need to chill a little bit, have a brew man. :club:

Poker tournaments fit the dictionary definition for "war" whereas "Jesus" and "Unabomber" are a specific reference.I do see your point, but it isn't quite the same thing.

Aren't you a bit extreme when it comes to PC? Give it a rest... I go to war every time I sit at the table how's that?

He's right!Have you seen War of the Worlds??? THOUSANDS are killed by the evil aliens in the movie, think of how people who's loved one's fictiously die in the movie feel when they read the word WAR in your blog??? Infact, just removing the "Ready For War" from your blog isnt enough. I DEMAND that you lobby to change the name of the card game "War" to something that wont offend people such as the word "The" and Daniel, what are you doing about the song "War" NOTHING IT APPEARS!! DO YOU SUPPORT THE DEATH OF SOLDIERS!?!?! I also dont think you've tried to talk to Andy Warhol about his last name WARhol! You should organize a BOYCOTT of his paintings!!! AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF There are starving peguins in Antartica!! WHY ARE YOU P LAYING POKER HELP THEM.

Why do the word police always seem to care more about words than intent?OP, get a life.On a related off topic, why are racial slurs allowed on tv by the government but 4 letter words are not?

I hate that the world is so PC nowadays. No matter what you say someone will take offense to it. Don't get me wrong because I'm a patriot and love the United States but the general American public has become a bunch of overweight sueaholics.

.....overweight sueaholics.
I resent your comment. I'm a metabolically challenged victim of what anyone else says or does. You'll be hearing from my lawyer for defamation.
.....overweight sueaholics.
I resent your comment. I'm a metabolically challenged victim of what anyone else says or does. You'll be hearing from my lawyer for defamation.
:club: Can we get class action status ... that is where the real money is

Sorry Royal, I disagree - It's been a common expression probably since the World Wars.Saying I'm going to war is just a simile - Comparing the 5600+ opponents to war. Giving yourself a nickname of a famous murderer is something totally different.

The problem is what you a$$ lickers are failing to understand is that your beloved DANIEL is the one that started this whole PC stand against the nicknames and references!Then he talks about going to war, destroying people, and gutting them. Completely hypocritical. Nothing different then him talking about religion, starvation, and/or racism. Daniel always preaching to others about how they should live and act, but then completely contradicts himself by his own actions.That's the point.

The problem is what you a$$ lickers are failing to understand is that your beloved DANIEL is the one that started this whole PC stand against the nicknames and references!Then he talks about going to war, destroying people, and gutting them. Completely hypocritical. Nothing different then him talking about religion, starvation, and/or racism. Daniel always preaching to others about how they should live and act, but then completely contradicts himself by his own actions.That's the point.
You obviously just don't understand the difference between something offensive and something used as a figure of speech... Read Governators post if this confuses you.