main event update thread

Date / Time: 2005-07-07 12:03:00 Title: Funny Business.Log: Thomas "Thunder" Keller, Miami Jon Cernuto, Greg "Fossilman" Raymer, and Robert Varkonyi have disrobbed and are currently playing in the nude. No word if the rumor that Mike Matusow was sodomized are true.....More to come...DEVELOPING.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Dutch Boyd got in or not?
Who cares?
Dutch is an ass that screwed his friends.
Date / Time: 2005-07-07 13:45:00 Title: Thomas "Thunder" Keller Eliminated Log: Thomas "Thunder" Keller has been eliminated.
For the record, Keller showed up late, so his approximate stay at this year's Main Event was about 30 minutes.Ouch.
Try....18 minutes.... :shock:

In a nutshell : The crew was starting a rakeback site and Dutch screwed everyone else. Now he spends his free time drowning cats.Smash did pick him for the final table I think though.... :?

FROM JOSH SITE3:00 PM ESTWell miraculously it started on time but I was an hour late. I have 9750 in chips and recognize no one at my table.3:34 PMTable is very passive and I have to beg/plead myself not to raise every pot3:43 PM10,050 at first break4:28 PMDown to 4300. Played big pot ith 34 of spades. Flop T64 with 2 spades. I messed up and bet the turn when the guy checked. He moved all in and i had to fold.4:30 PMBig pot...Made straight on turn with QT of hearts. Up to 83004:39 PMChop, chop baby. Up to 9850.5:00 PMDown to 8800. Small blind I have AT. limper has KT. Flop T83. turn 5. King on river.5:20 PM5,661 entries in this year's event. Jen Harman, Thomas Keller already eliminated.

I don't see why Fischman wouldn't stake him since he won two events last year and I think got second in one this year.I think Fischman was gonna stake him, but after a heated argument with his cat, he realized it'd morally be a bad decision.

Date / Time: 2005-07-07 14:18:00 Title: Raymer's River Woes Log: Greg Raymer has been rivered twice, costing him $3,000 in chips. On one occasion Raymer's opponent took pocket threes to the river, and hit his set on fifth street. The other time Raymer's opponent hit a club to make a flush on the last card. "I guess I should just go all in (on the flop)," Raymer said, lementing his inability to protect a hand thus far.

Can we please keep this full of updates and not "crew" bashing?Can't tell if any FCP'ers are playing. We'll have to wait until tonight to see if they post.

Youngblood is MIA as well...hmmm.... crew schm-rew. Its Scott Fischman the one man Wrecking Crew.

In a limp pot, Brett "Gank" Jungblut limps on the button. The flop comes Ad 5d 3h. One of the blinds bets 275. A caller and the action is folded to Gank. He raises another 800. The blind moves all-in, and Gank calls with Ah 5h. His opponent shows 2s 4h. The turn is the Ks, river 9d. Gank is outNote: http://pokertrails.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...bc2b893ce94fb5f...Has great updates...Edit: 600!

Youngblood is MIA as well...hmmm.... crew schm-rew. Its Scott Fischman the one man Wrecking Crew.
Check your spelling on his name there tiger......and BTW he is there....and he seems to have taken a bath too.20050707_93_027.jpg
Check your spelling on his name there tiger......and BTW he is there....and he seems to have taken a bath too.
He aint there no more kiddo. :club:

oops... i guess thats what happens when you are a dyslexic journalism major.

Date / Time: 2005-07-07 13:45:00 Title: Thomas "Thunder" Keller Eliminated Log: Thomas "Thunder" Keller has been eliminated.
For the record, Keller showed up late, so his approximate stay at this year's Main Event was about 30 minutes.Ouch.
Yeah, he's a friend. I need to send some cheer his way when I see him hit AIM. And then cheer for his brother, who is in day two...Ray
What's the point of this thread when you can just refresh CardPlayer's live updates and Mike Paulle's blog on PokerPages?
Not to mention Cardplayer has been up and down on me all day.... (refrains from random hooker analogies)Ray

Yea CardPlayer is up and down as well but usually comes back up after a single refresh of the browser. Can't wait for DN's live update thread as well as Phil Gordon's podcasts.

Speaking of Raymer, he just lost another pot and is fairly short stacked. He opened for 250 two off the button. The button, SB and BB called. The flop was K 8 6 rainbow. All check to Raymer who bets 500. The SB calls and all fold. 4s on the turn and the SB bets 1k. Raymer takes off his signature glasses and rubs the bridge of his nose, mucks, and says "nice set." His opponent turns over pocket eights.LOL :club:

I don't know if any of you saw...but they said Barry G is still in with about 6k left.I don't know if any of you remember Temp Hutter. He came in 2nd on a WPT event. In a thread on 2+2 someone was asking for some advice, basically looking for a pep talk. After reading it I put Temp on my fantasy team. With his chip stack I think it's a given he'll make the WSOp final table this year :club: (sw). I thought some of you might find this story nice.Anyway this is his post:If you are looking for a little pep talk to get your courage up to do what you already are inclined to do here goes:I will tell you a little story. I had never played in a NLHE tournament until I entered a daily tournament at the Mirage while in Vegas at a convention in the fall of 2003. I placed 3rd. My next tournament experience was at the WSOP main event in 2004 where I went with a small bankroll and won a 1 table satellite the day before the event. I busted out after about 12 hours but I held my own pretty well. Based on that experience I went back out to Vegas to play in a WPT event at the Mirage and won a seat at the $1,000 NLHE event through a satellite. I busted out in about 40 minutes of play. Undeterred I went to another WPT event at the Borgata in AC and played in the $1,000 NLHE event. I won having outlasted a field of 485 players. With a new confidence I entered another $1,000 NLHE event at the Taj Mahal a month later and won that event as well. I talked things over with my wife and decided it was time to take a shot at a large event against the best competition in order to gauge my skill. Am I just on a lucky streak or can I really play this game? I entered the WPT main event at Foxwoods against a field of 674 players. I pulled down 2nd place. In 66 days and three tournaments I had two firsts and a second and 1.2 million added to my bankroll.That's your pep talk. You can't win if you don't enter. Go for it.