bombs going off around london.

How'd u get the news so quick?? I live literally 30 mins from London and hadn't heard anything til I checked this thread, and my Dad works right in the center :club:
Heard anything, he ok?
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just thankful that I can not worry about this thread.There's plenty to discuss about this event, but one should wait until more information comes in, as people can be more sensitive during difficult times.I'm waiting to see what it will be like for the European contingent here (at the WSOP) tomorrow. There are a lot of people visiting here from across the pond.My sympathys go out to those random innocents who have been directly targeted. I've lost friends and family to terrorist attacks. I find it more fucking annoying than those I've lost due to health or others losses.

im in london, my brother works close to where one of them went off, but a couple of streets away so should be fine, obviously all the phone entworks are down which sucks. just to add why today - mayor of london is in singapore re olympics, blair up in scotland with G8 and lots of media attention focused on britain due to G8, plus a lot of the main anti terrorism department will have been focusing on G8 gleaneagles rather than in london. This is damn afwul but its not as bad as the recent madrid attacks. plus its my 21st birthday.

Obviously, my thoughts go out to everyone there...I have my entire family in England, but thankfully no one in London.As a footnote, there's a lot more chance of this being related to G8 than being related to the Olympics. I don't think even the most accomplished terror organization could put all this together in the space of 24 hours.

How'd u get the news so quick?? I live literally 30 mins from London and hadn't heard anything til I checked this thread, and my Dad works right in the center :club:
Heard anything, he ok?
Nothing yet. His mobile's switched off, but that's not unusual. He normally travels to work earlier than 9am to avoid the rush hour so I'm 90% he should be ok.Trying to get through to the office now.edit: he's fine thanks. Couldn't get through to the office but my Mum managed to contact him. A number of train stations have been sealed off here, even miles outside of London :D scary stuff.

ccording to the news reports here, an al quida (sp) cell is claiming responsiblity for the attacks.

I'm in London, and I suspect that the death toll will be pretty high. There have been 3 explosions on tubes, and one possible suicide bombing on a double-decker bus. The difficulty will be that those most seriously injured on the tubes will be, or will have been, trapped in tunnels underground. Those on the top deck of the bus will have had no chance.Later on this evening it will be chaos because the whole tube network is shutdown, and people will be too scared to go on the buses that are running. Sadly, it was inevitable that this would happen in London sooner or later, I think most of us that live here knew it.

Tubes (subway to americans) were always going to be a target. Bus attacks slightly surprising.Apart from the dead/seriously maimed, we'll be alright. We used to have IRA bombs all the time. Blitz spirit.......The lads who I work with at HOP were a little worried, but what can you do? POW is a main target I would have thought, but they haven't hit us yet. I wasn't working this week, but I'll be back there.

I'm in London, and I suspect that the death toll will be pretty high. There have been 3 explosions on tubes, and one possible suicide bombing on a double-decker bus. The difficulty will be that those most seriously injured on the tubes will be, or will have been, trapped in tunnels underground. Those on the top deck of the bus will have had no chance.Later on this evening it will be chaos because the whole tube network is shutdown, and people will be too scared to go on the buses that are running. Sadly, it was inevitable that this would happen in London sooner or later, I think most of us that live here knew it.
I'm sure I speak for all of us in the forum when I say that our thoughts and prayers are with those of you in London. Please be safe.

I heard about this when I was driving in this morning, with the morning radio jocks making 9/11 comparisons, and the reliable number of ignorant callers making the 'no way can you compare this to that' because we have to be the biggest/bestest even when it comes to bad things. More than likely the timing of this has to do with the G8, it's just a 'bonus' for them that the city is celebrating it's Olympic bid. The net effect of it isn't just to put on a body count, it's to make every Londoner have an extra second of thought before they enter a Tube station, and have people globally have that tingling fear when they get on whatever subway variant they use. There's more to terror than the body count. It's a cowardly attack, without a doubt, and I just hope that the damage isn't as bad as it seems in first reports.

I heard about this when I was driving in this morning, with the morning radio jocks making 9/11 comparisons, and the reliable number of ignorant callers making the 'no way can you compare this to that' because we have to be the biggest/bestest even when it comes to bad things. More than likely the timing of this has to do with the G8, it's just a 'bonus' for them that the city is celebrating it's Olympic bid. The net effect of it isn't just to put on a body count, it's to make every Londoner have an extra second of thought before they enter a Tube station, and have people globally have that tingling fear when they get on whatever subway variant they use. There's more to terror than the body count. It's a cowardly attack, without a doubt, and I just hope that the damage isn't as bad as it seems in first reports.
The news said that the subways in Chicago, D.C. and other major cities are stepping up security now to make sure they're safe.

The police chief here has stated there were 4 seperate incidents.1 Bus, 3 tube trains.The emergency services are doing a great job, with everyone remaining surprisingly calm.The only visible damage so far is from the bus incident, which looks pretty horrific

I talk to alot of people on Pokerroom.com who claim to be from london and talk nothing but disrespect about the U.S. and what we are doin. I dont mean to toss a turd in the punch bowl here. But there are alot of ignorant people who just dont believe that Iraq was and still is harboring terrorists. Many think we are in Iraq for oil and big business which may or may not be true. The fact of the matter is that we the United States are at war with Terrorism and now perhaps some europeans will open their eyes and realize that no one will be safe from terrorism unless we all work together to distinguish these heartless pu$$ies off the globe.My heart goes out to the families lost in these bombings and i wish the wounded a safe and speedy recovery.

The police chief here has stated there were 4 seperate incidents.1 Bus, 3 tube trains.The emergency services are doing a great job, with everyone remaining surprisingly calm.The only visible damage so far is from the bus incident, which looks pretty horrific
I just woke up.My father was watching NBC and said there were 5 or 6 explosions. Has anything been confirmed?My thoughts and condolences are with those families, of course...