• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree -- i think he makes reckless (and quick) decisions ... i do not think he will be a long term winner, and i doubt he will ever win a WSOP bracelet -- although, worse players then him have done so.

I've never seen Williams make a correct decision.
That's pretty funny. Obviously we've only seen a few of his hundreds of thousands of hands,...but still, every decision I've seen was marginal at best.Again though, for him to even be in the position to make bad decisions at final tables shows he is a good player.

joshrogo you are probably the biggest douche bag that has ever posted on this site. First off he has a genius level IQ which is probably twenty times yours, thats why he makes such fast decisions. If youve ever played at all you probably realize well mabye you dont but most players do that the first gut feeling is usually the right one. He will win more bracelets in the next two years than you will ever even make final tables. You F'ng moron. But hey what do I know you're a railbird whose a legend in his own mind.

His genius IQ told him to call for 1/3rd of his stack to try to set his 5's?
Ok Arieh is one of my favorite players but please dont be stupid...David Williams felt he had the best hand preflop so he called..he had the best hand on the flop so he called the all in...What about his play was wrong? He never once trailed in the hand. And his genius iq helped him get to the final iq..if its just that easy ill be lookin for you at the final table in a couple weeks
yeah, david must blow since he is beating 100/200 in vegas at the age of 24/25. yup man he really does suck
100/200?Tell you what.....I'll give my dog 3.5 million and I am sure he would beat the 100/200 game in Vegas also....Look...David Williams is a good player....but lets stop trying to put him in the Poker Hall of Fame....
he was ahead preflop...on the flop, the turn, and river..
Ok Arieh is one of my favorite players but please dont be stupid...David Williams felt he had the best hand preflop so he called..he had the best hand on the flop so he called the all in...What about his play was wrong? He never once trailed in the hand. And his genius iq helped him get to the final iq..if its just that easy ill be lookin for you at the final table in a couple weeks
That wasn't what made the play a dumbass play...what made the play a dumbass play was that he checked in the dark.....Raymer said it best...It was pure idiocy to call that much from your stack with 55 and then check dark and take away a huge advantage if the flop came up crap....and of course.....he flopped a set and wins...and then has the balls to tell Arieh "I felt it"...of course...he went to celebrate with Marcel Luske and show off his Dark Check and Luske was looking at him like he was crazy.Quite possibly the worst play in WSOP history since the one million bad plays that Varkonyi did.He is a good player...but he has tons to learn.
yeah, david must blow since he is beating 100/200 in vegas at the age of 24/25. yup man he really does suck
100/200?Tell you what.....I'll give my dog 3.5 million and I am sure he would beat the 100/200 game in Vegas also....Look...David Williams is a good player....but lets stop trying to put him in the Poker Hall of Fame....
I'm not putting him in the HoF, but c'mon, your dog could beat 100/200, now you're just getting silly. 100/200 is high stakes poker and you don't see that many guys in their early mid-20s beating that limit
I'm not putting him in the HoF, but c'mon, your dog could beat 100/200, now you're just getting silly. 100/200 is high stakes poker and you don't see that many guys in their early mid-20s beating that limit
You underestimate the power of 3.5 million dollars sitting in a bank.

Look...a little backround.....My Grandfather is good friends with this rich old dude that could care less about money....(You know the type....He takes 100k to vegas for a weekend and blows it all like an idiot).This guy swears that he is a great poker player and I finally saw him play in a home game...and this guy sucked.Well...needless to say...my grandfather went out to Vegas with this guy and saw this guy CRUSH the 25/50 NL games......Do you want to guess how he did it?

Quite possibly the worst play in WSOP history since the one million bad plays that Varkonyi did.
what a moronic statement
Why...it was a very good statement...your statement makes you a moron or possibly a pathetic fish....Let me guess....you thought that the Dark Check was cool and a great play in that spot!! :roll:
Quite possibly the worst play in WSOP history since the one million bad plays that Varkonyi did.
what a moronic statement
Why...it was a very good statement...your statement makes you a moron or possibly a pathetic fish....Let me guess....you thought that the Dark Check was cool and a great play in that spot!! :roll:
First off, have you seen every hand played during the WSOP since Varkonyi won? If not, how can you possibly have collected enough data to decipher that this was, indeed, the worst play since 2002?Second, you don't "do" plays, you "make" them.

was the dark check the greatest move? no but it didnt really hurt anything any way you look at it....he more then likely put ja on high cards with that big a bet...so if the flop comes out high cards he has to check fold...if the flop comes out and he hits the set like he did..he checks neways...so he really didnt give much away and actually insured that all the money went in the pot without him havin to do the work. Against Josh that works b/c of how aggressive Josh is...Against somebody like harrington its not worth while since harrington rarely bluffs at a pot.

You underestimate the power of 3.5 million dollars sitting in a bank.
you grossly underestimate my comprehension level of financial figures. Pop in ferris Bueller's day off, that is where I grew up, so I ahve a much higher comprehension level of financial figures than you feel like giving me credit for

I dont see how he is crushing the 100/200 in Vegas when the club players I talk to in Dallas say that he was a very average player in the 15/30 holdem games here. Go figure? And those statements were made about his play right before he got famous. This dude was considered a decent player int the Dallas club scene, he wins 3.5mill and now has the funds to enter any tournament he wants, because he can play everything hes gonna get some good finishes. The 5-5 hand was terrible. Calling would of made sense if he was just gonna make it a stop and go play but he dark-checked. But even so, if he doesent dark check what if the flop comes Q-J-8. Now your sitting there with 1/3 of your stack in the pot, and your thinking its almost impossible for your hand to be good. That is a terrible play. Stop and go would of been fine, folding preflop would have been fine, moveing all in preflop would have been fine, the worst imagineable play would be to call and then dark check to your opponent, just plain awful. I guarantee you D.WIlliams would tell you that himself.