knowingly throw the winner away

Guest Anonymous

WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME ABOUT THESE THREADS??Jesus, I can't believe I miss stuff like this. This is the best thing ever!Jesus! Argh, I hate that it took me a few days to finally read this. Kaiser = German rulerKeyzer = SozeKaizer = Idiot wordIce

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im playing a thousand dollar nl holdem event and its early in the tournament. Im in the big blind with 67 off for 150. It gets raised to 300 and everyone folds  to me and i call. The flop comes down 5 9 8 and i have the nuts. i check the flop he checks. i check the turn a K and he checks. i check the river a 2 and he checks.  I decided to throw my hand in the muck for the 300 in chips so that the table didnt see my attempt at trapping. I think it was better to fold this small one to get some aggressive player later trying to by the pot.What do you think?
Are you kidding me? This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Guest Anonymous
Has to be a joke, hope it's a joke, if not the OP is a joke.  He is from Calgary, so I will lean towards the latter.  Ironic that his hockey team is the Flames.
whats that?the canuks lost in the first or second round in the last 6 seasonsindeedat least we go all the way
AK doesn't play Tennis anymore, does she? Or at least not as much.
no i suffer from tennis elbow
Just as an after thought, He wasn't talking about your tennis game, I believe he was refering to the picture of former/current tennis professioanl Anna Kournikova (AK). Also, "the conditiduche" you might not suffer from such a severe case of "tennis elbow" if you didn't spend so much time mucking the nuts on the table, literally and figuratively!P.S. I kinda feel sorry for you Conditioner. When you saddled up to the computer and tried to think up a intersting poker story that every would think was so profound and so intersting and it just completly blew up in your face. That sux bro, Im sorry!

I recently was chip leader at the final table of like a really big tournament. I raised strongly with KK and got called by second chip leader put him on AA. Flop comes AKK I flopped my quads and he got his FH he went all in so of course I folded I mean like throw away chip lead cause like he can catch his case A and then like I'd be drawing dead.

whats with this bs laydown? obviously you should bet with the nuts. why dont you want your opponents to know that you are capable of trapping? if the think you might trap, they might give your more free cards. Free cards are good if you can get them. This is a tournament, and by the time you get into a situation to pull of that trap again for a bigger pot, your opponents may have been moved to other tables or knocked out. setting up plays over several hands like that has little value in a tournament, especially at the beginning.besides, what makes you think your opponents dont think that you trap? players who pay that much attention are going to be looking out for traps anyway.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME ABOUT THESE THREADS??Jesus, I can't believe I miss stuff like this. This is the best thing ever!Jesus! Argh, I hate that it took me a few days to finally read this. Kaiser = German rulerKeyzer = SozeKaizer = Idiot wordIce
Dude, if you want, I'll start pm'ing you when something like this comes through. Seriously. It's been great.
Has to be a joke, hope it's a joke, if not the OP is a joke. He is from Calgary, so I will lean towards the latter. Ironic that his hockey team is the Flames.
Now now, let's play nice. Not all of us from Calgary are dumber than a box of rocks - ala Mr. Conditioner. I have spent much time in Abbotsford, like it alot....nice place, as is Calgary.

Ok, Andy Beal never contacted me....so I fronted akaConditioner the $6 on pokerstars (son of a blank he only needed $5.25 to play the heads-up sng.....he scammed me for 75 cents :x ). People, he murdered me! This kid had me wishing that I had dumped winners at the showdown. Totally humbled me.....and he was so gracious in victory. He is the next internet wiz kid 10 cent/20 cent star. You heard it hear 1st!

whats with this bs laydown? obviously you should bet with the nuts. why dont you want your opponents to know that you are capable of trapping? if the think you might trap, they might give your more free cards. Free cards are good if you can get them. This is a tournament, and by the time you get into a situation to pull of that trap again for a bigger pot, your opponents may have been moved to other tables or knocked out. setting up plays over several hands like that has little value in a tournament, especially at the beginning.besides, what makes you think your opponents dont think that you trap? players who pay that much attention are going to be looking out for traps anyway.
how.in the hell. are people.like yourself.who are so unbelieveably.retarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrded..allowed to pass.grade 3.
Ok, Andy Beal never contacted me....so I fronted akaConditioner the $6 on pokerstars (son of a blank he only needed $5.25 to play the heads-up sng.....he scammed me for 75 cents :x ). People, he murdered me! This kid had me wishing that I had dumped winners at the showdown. Totally humbled me.....and he was so gracious in victory. He is the next internet wiz kid 10 cent/20 cent star. You heard it hear 1st!
I'd laugh, but something's holding me back...Maybe it's because even the idea of akaConditioner being a good player, regardless of the limits, hurts my brain.I really don't know... but please, never make a joke like this again.

aka, as usual, you missed the point. I thought it ironic that you are being flammed and that the name of the team in the city you live in is the Flames, by the way you are still a tard.I think if someone misses the point of a post it should be called a "condition".Sorry Allie.

Why not move all-in? If you have to show your nutz slowplay, you'll DOUBLE UP! If you don't have to show your nuts slowplay, everyone will think you're a SirBluffsAlot, which is the opposite. I think.****ing idiot.Ice

Yeah Herbal Essence boy is an embarrassment to all Calgarians. Generally, we are kind, friendly people who enjoy poker and do not check down the nuts and muck them. JW, please change his location to Edmonton or something. Although I do have to agree with the idiot on one thing. The Canucks do really suck.

I can't think of a way you could have played it worse. You must be a dream heads up.....

You can fold anything even if it's checked too you. Also, he didn't fold, he checked and MUCKED his hand after the other guy showed his, at least thats how he told it.
But he's big blind. which means he's first to check. and first to show his hand. Hard to muck when you have to showdown your hand...none of this adds up, almost positive he made this all up.