top 5 nicest poker players

I'm just basing this off of their public image on the internet and on TV - I have never met any of these individuals...yet. 1. Phil Gordon2. Daniel Negreanu (and I'm not just saying that because this is his site)3. Robert Williamson III4. Greg Raymer (Greg has amazed me with the level of dignity and professionalism he has carried himself in since winning the Main Event.)5. Paul Wolfe (This guy just seems like he'd be a riot to hang around with. A truly good person.)What's your list look like?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Robert Williamson III should be on peoples list.
Good call. I'm bumping Seidel for him.
Wow, I can't believe I forgot about RW. I sat next to him at a WPO tourney this year. He acted like he was my best friend and I'd never met him before that day.Then again he did crack my aces with 5-9 d :club:

I'd have Juanda on the top of the list probably. He seems to answer a good amount of fan e-mails and chats a lot on full tilt even with observers. He's one of the least likely people I can see ever steaming.

Chris Ferguson strikes me as an extremely nice person, a genuine good guy. Daniel Negreanu (obviously), Thunder Keller seems like a good kid, Lee Watkinson, Erik Lindgren, Erin Ness...sorry, all brain function has ceased now that I'm thinking about Erin Ness.

Chris Ferguson strikes me as an extremely nice person, a genuine good guy. Daniel Negreanu (obviously), Thunder Keller seems like a good kid, Lee Watkinson, Erik Lindgren, Erin Ness...sorry, all brain function has ceased now that I'm thinking about Erin Ness.
Those are some good ones as well.

Yeah, both TJ and Doyle come to mind which is odd considering their upbringing and the games they played in while "growing up" as poker players. I'd agree, they're both ruthless at the tables -- but every time I see an interview or read any of their books or articles, I can't think that these are just great guys playing great poker who simply have so much experience it's incredible to imagine.Also, have you guys and gals begun noticing that the general perception for poker players has made significant transitions recently? When I meet new people and tell them a bit about what I do, they either think I'm nuts or are so consumed in it that they chat your ear off. Last night I had a WPT tee shirt on that I picked up at a local department store... Not like I've ever played in a WPT event or anything, and these three guys at a bar just chatted my ear off the whole time to the point that I didn't even get to eat my dinner before it got cold. Not that I mind, I love the comrardery between enthusiasts -- it's just strange that there's two distinct ends of views on the game.Still, it's much better than being perceived as an addictive gambler. One day when I had my mother over for dinner, she saw Daniel on ESPN when they showed some clips about he and his mom's relationship and how she changed her opinion on the game... She later saw the same type of bit on David Williams and his mother, and now she's begun making the turn as well. Of course, I would need to develop a legitimate bankroll, play in larger events and actually make a living out of it. But at least its no longer frowned upon so much. :club:

If you get anywhere near TJ while he is in the middle of one of his craps sessions, you will quickly see his isn't nearly as nice as you think he is........

The only professional I have ever met before was Chris Ferguson, and that was a very brief meeting, but he was a very nice guy. So I'll put him on my list....other than that, haven't met any of them, so I'll leave the other 4 blank for now.

After giving David Williams's career a huge boost, it's hard not to put Marcel Luske on the list. Plus he seems like he's a riot at the tables...
Slightly off topic, but I'd also put Marcel on the list after reading the following blog:http://mcgrupp.blogspot.com/ Scroll down to "Marcel and a guy named Charlie." 6/14/05. Class act right there.
After giving David Williams's career a huge boost, it's hard not to put Marcel Luske on the list. Plus he seems like he's a riot at the tables...
Im going with Marcel too...Anybody that is that fun to be at a table with cannot be a bad person...plus his cardplayer interview showed just how good a person he is