so the wife calls and says.....

I answer the phone "Hey baby, whats up?"She says, "Hey, I've been thinking...We're moving to Vegas in December." :shock: *After I spit sprite all over my monitor* I manage to squeek "um ok. should I start packing?!"F'n A... I must have done something right! :dance:

more details plz. Enjoy Vegas. It's not for everyone... but I could imagine living there. *ah* no state tax.

I answer the phone "Hey baby, whats up?"She says, "Hey, I've been thinking...We're moving to Vegas in December." :shock: *After I spit sprite all over my monitor* I manage to squeek "um ok. should I start packing?!"F'n A... I must have done something right! :dance:
you forgot to tell us the rest of the conversation..."what you talking about kemosobe? me and the dog are moving to vegas and leaving your online poker playing ass here!""ohhhhh.. OK..."
So what you're saying is: Your wife wears the pants in the family and you wear the dress?... That's cool it's 2005, modern husband's etc...

I had been offered a kickin' job down in charlotte (NC) so we were planning to move in Dec. anyway.She however is foreign and had the itch to move to a BIG city. (charlottes not to shabby) but she meant Miami, LA, NYCity, Philly ect.Well LA's not my style, I like nature too much for NY, Plus I'm not much for cold so most northern citys are out. So... If not Charlotte, I lobbied for Vegas.She originally said "Hell no! I'll never see you. You'll either be at the tables, or screwing around with your cars." I just grinned.And then today...btlee wrote: I answer the phone "Hey baby, whats up?" She says, "Hey, I've been thinking... We're moving to Vegas in December." *After I spit sprite all over my monitor* I manage to squeek "um ok. should I start packing?!" F'n A... I must have done something right! :dance:

Well LA's not my style, I like nature too much for NY, Plus I'm not much for cold so most northern citys are out. So... If not Charlotte, I lobbied for Vegas.
There's more nature in NY than in Vegas. But, good luck on your move.

How long does the marriage last after the move? I give it 2 weeks. :club: In all seriousness though, best of luck there. Vegas is a crazy town, God I'd love to live there, but if I were married, I wouldn't give it 2 days!!! :twisted:

outside the city or CP. yeah I know. but she wanted to live in the city. So I guess I'll just use the too cold excuse...
So what you're saying is: Your wife wears the pants in the family and you wear the dress?... That's cool it's 2005, modern husband's etc...
you got me there...hey man, the best advice I can give to all you bachelors. learn these frases"Your right""I'm sorry""Whatever you want"It'll make life much easier. plus I like sex and sleeping in my bed (its better than the couch)I just operate beneath the radar
you forgot to tell us the rest of the conversation... "what you talking about kemosobe? me and the dog are moving to vegas and leaving your online poker playing ass here!"
I play live more often... actually it'd be easier if I did play online more. at least I'd be home for dinner.

All the sarcastic "phrases" running through my head are killing me so I'll just be supportive and say have fun and good luck. Almost. By the way, two years on the over/under. She leaves him. In her mind, life with him isn't enough, she needs a big city as well. Tough. Good luck, start hiding the poker profits.

Ha! I was just playin... Congrats on the victory though... although I have to agree, I don't think I could handle a relationship in Vegas, I live in Vancouver and I spend too much time playing... I can't imagine livin in Vegas... I suppose it wears off though..

Unless they are swingers, which throws a completely different dynamic into the equation. He bangs strange anyway, just look at the picture. Playa squared

By the way, two years on the over/under. She leaves him. In her mind, life with him isn't enough, she needs a big city as well. Tough. Good luck, start hiding the poker profits.LOL!!!.thats hilarious. I was thinking the same thing...P.S. to the OP... what exactly will u do for money??? ur giving up a sweet job, so you say

Welcome to Vegas! I have been here for about 5 months and am sooo glad that I am single. You should still have fun though...just might have to tame it back a little so the sheets aren't on the couch when you get home. :-)

to the OP... what exactly will u do for money??? ur giving up a sweet job, so you say
Yeah, the job was working for a Motorsports Team. So I might regret it if we make the leap.My degree is in Economics/Communication so I can look around for something in marketing. I did work in finance for 3 years so there's always that. And right now I'm playing cards for a living, and I expect it'll be pretty easy to find a game going in LV....Plus I've been meaning to finish my masters so UNLV is always an option.oh, and my wife has her masters and is a doctoral candidate as well.Plus we have a good bit saved.So we'll be alright.
Well LA's not my style, I like nature too much for NY, Plus I'm not much for cold so most northern citys are out. So... If not Charlotte, I lobbied for Vegas.
Have you ever been to Vegas?
Welcome to Vegas! I have been here for about 5 months
message me your email, i have some questions about realestate ect. thanks in advance.
Wow no kidding eh.. I'd love to move around, unfortunatly when your young & can't afford to drop the job that just can't happen.
Trust me...as you get older, you get too good of a job and can't afford to leave it behind...Make the move while you're young, not when you're in too deep!
Have you ever been to Vegas?
Yes, I've spent over 6 months there. I still go about twice a year. I've also been in NY for about 30 years of my life.Vegas = Desert. Not that desert doesn't = nature, but it's not like the Tucson.
Welcome to Vegas! I have been here for about 5 months
message me your email, i have some questions about realestate ect. thanks in advance.
Jayson Weber is moving (in a few months) and he will also be of great help... if he can find time!! He's already done a lot of leg work. Perhaps, you might have similar goals housing wise - and even help each other out. Check out his blog and see.