shaq needed kobe, period

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Shaq was at 100% health, name 1 player you would rather have on your roster. Anybody you say is going to be rediculous because Shaq is the most dominant and unstoppable force in the game. You could put Shaq on an NBDL roster and they would at least make the first round of the NBA playoffs.
I think I'd probably rather have Dwyane Wade. Or Lebron. Shaq's my #3 because he's brittle.Ice
Look, I'm the biggest Lebron fan in the world and I like Wade as well. But how far did the Cavs get in the lowly east this year? They finished 9th. If you replace Lebron with Shaq on that team, they probably finish 4th. Wade is a good player, but it just doesn't make sense to say you would rather have him than The Diesel.

is shaq good? yes...does him being 80 lbs heaver then anybody else play a huge part in that? yes. Shaq alone cannot lead a team to the playoffs any better then kobe can or do I need to remind u of game 6 where shaq had to play with out wade? Wade is the real allstar on that team and when he went down so to did the Heats hope...Shaq is good for about 20 pts 8-10 rebounds a game but thats about it. Pistons have had his number 2 years in a row now. As for the Heat..they made the playoffs last year without shaq and would have probably done the same thing this year.

If Shaq was at 100% health, name 1 player you would rather have on your roster. Anybody you say is going to be rediculous because Shaq is the most dominant and unstoppable force in the game. You could put Shaq on an NBDL roster and they would at least make the first round of the NBA playoffs.
Duncan. He's better at both ends of the floor right now.Obviously I'd prefer Shaq when he was Duncan's age, but that's kind of moot at the present.

Ice,Ben Wallace and Bruce Bowen?? You should be shot for such ridiculous thinking...Obviously you have never played the game of basketball or you would not say such nonsense.Wallace is an all star every year and all NBA every year and 2 time DEF. POY. All Bowen does is hammer people and make First team all Defense.Close but no Cigar buddy. You are Clueless.

is shaq good? yes...does him being 80 lbs heaver then anybody else play a huge part in that? yes. Shaq alone cannot lead a team to the playoffs any better then kobe can or do I need to remind u of game 6 where shaq had to play with out wade? Wade is the real allstar on that team and when he went down so to did the Heats hope...Shaq is good for about 20 pts 8-10 rebounds a game but thats about it. Pistons have had his number 2 years in a row now. As for the Heat..they made the playoffs last year without shaq and would have probably done the same thing this year.
How many teams has Shaq been on that haven't made the playoffs?One NBA GM said in Shaq's prime that all you need is him and 4 guys from the YMCA to win 50 games.His age has hurt him more than losing Kobe. Anyone remember the brutal speed that used to accompany his strength? It's actually kind of sad to see him struggle to score 25 against single coverage these days, considering he used to regularly get 30 against a triple team.

This is all moot. The Baby Bulls were the most suprising team in the NBA this season by far. Before the season started, analysts on ESPN were saying they might be the worst team in the HISTORY of the NBA! They finished 4th in the East, which is pretty damn good. The Bulls will be a force in the East for years to come as long as management doesn't fukc up the roster.Ok, you can get back to the Shaq/Kobe argument. I just wanted to give the Bulls some props.

Diabolical Quote:And about the Lakers. Chris Mihm came out pretty hot at the beginning of the season then he just DIED! Vlade, deavan and Karl never showed up and that hurt the team alot. Plus, in the middle of the season, the coaching staff changed to the Triangle offence!! What the hell was that about. Once they did that, the Lakers went down hill cause they didn't know it well. There was alot of complaing by the young players cause they didn't know where to be and felt it was too constraining(kind of like gary payton did) Maybe thats why Phill Jackson doesn't like to play his Rookies so much. (even if they're really good players) as far as Kobe though, He's an incredible player and he's there for the clutch and he learned to pass the ball this year, which nobody thought he would do. I remember jordon use to be a ball hog. Shhhiat, i remember when jordan couln't shoot the three pointer!!!!!! Kobe doesn't need a super star in the middle, he needs a legit bigman. This season was a harsh reality to Kobe about how important it is to have one in the middle. But if your goin to knock Kobe on his game, then your turnin your back, covering your eyes and plugging your ears.

How many teams has Shaq been on that haven't made the playoffs?
Shaq has had another all star player "leading" the way every team he has been on...with orlando he had hardaway (who was argueable the best player then)with lakers he had kobe (the lakers werent really playoff contenders until kobe got better)with miami he has wade What happened without wade in game 6? they got absolutely torn apart.B/c shaq is so big he is good and a usual 20/10 player...but he cant really shut down anybody anymore, nobodies really afraid to drive on him anymore... wade is the true star on that team

Joined: 19 Dec 2004Posts: 255 Sun, Mar 27th, 2005 4:28 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Diabolical Quote In March 2005To Jack24. I don't think Kobe wants Phill back I think he jus said that when Rudy left cause he doesn't want to start any more controversy. The triangle is too constraining for him. And about the assist comment, i don't think Kobe could do anything to change your mind about him. If he passed john stockton in all time assists, you would still come up with other crap to throw at him. And i did mention that Kobe got a rude awakening when he didn't have a legit big man in the middle. But if you followed the Lakers this season, which you probably didn't cause you hate Kobe so much, you would have seen that there demise this season was not kobe's fault. SShhhhiiiiaat, I think Kobe grew up alot this year and later in his career, or at the end, he might mention this year as a turning point in his maturity and leadership. Shaq still loses and doesn't get a ring Put your self on the line. I jus did. Miami has the best record and i still say the east is no match for the west. Watch Wade carry the team when things get tough, not SHAQ!!

Going back to the Ben Wallace as a superstar issue, no way Big Ben is a superstar. He can't carry a team by himself. Superstars draw double teams, and contribute in more than just rebounds and blocks. David Robinson isn't very strong of a choice as a side kick, he was no superstar when the spurs won it. I think the Spurs qualify as a one (super) man band

Shaq has had another all star player "leading" the way every team he has been on...with orlando he had hardaway (who was argueable the best player then)with lakers he had kobe (the lakers werent really playoff contenders until kobe got better)with miami he has wade What happened without wade in game 6? they got absolutely torn apart.B/c shaq is so big he is good and a usual 20/10 player...but he cant really shut down anybody anymore, nobodies really afraid to drive on him anymore... wade is the true star on that team
You are a moron.
Ice,Ben Wallace and Bruce Bowen?? You should be shot for such ridiculous thinking...Obviously you have never played the game of basketball or you would not say such nonsense.Wallace is an all star every year and all NBA every year and 2 time DEF. POY. All Bowen does is hammer people and make First team all Defense.Close but no Cigar buddy. You are Clueless.
I was first team all-conference two years in a row and honorable mention all-state as a junior :) . I scored 43 points in the last regular season game of the year (including a ridiculous 9/9 from beyond the arc) to beat our arch-nemesis and lock up a conference championship. Ben Wallace is an incredible defensive talent, but he's just too bad on offense to be labeled a superstar. He'd be the MVP every year if he could manage something like 17 points a game, but his hands are so small he can't even hold onto a basketball when it's thrown to him. I was at half the games he played this year, man... Trust me. Being a Pistons fan is a labor of love, and Ben Wallace is absolutely NOT a superstar. Allen Iverson is a superstar. Dwyane Wade is a superstar. Kobe is a superstar. Ben Wallace, my friend, is no superstar.Ice
Diabolical Quote:as far as Kobe though, He's an incredible player and he's there for the clutch and he learned to pass the ball this year, which nobody thought he would do. I remember jordon use to be a ball hog. Shhhiat, i remember when jordan couln't shoot the three pointer!!!!!!.
Please don't ever compare Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant again. It is akin to comparing a Rolls-Royce to a Ford.
You are a moron.
best u could come up with eh? great to see that u havent graduated from middle school yet

I think the Heat lost because both Wade and Shaq were hurt, and Detroit is too good a team to beat unless they were both healthy. And as far as the superstars winning alone thing, I don't think they necessarily need another star with them. EVERY team needs a strong core of players that know their role and contribute.In Chicago, Jordan had Pippen, Grant, Cartwright, Kerr, Paxson, Rodman, Harper, etc.In Houston, Hakeem had Drexler, Cassell, Kenny Smith, Robert HorrySan Antonio had Robinson, Duncan, Sean Elliot, Avery Johnson, etc.The Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Rick Fox, Robert Horry, etc., although by their third title only Shaq, Kobe, and Robert Horry would have even been in any other rotation in the NBA. That third title is an exception to the rule.Last year, the Lakers declined with the infighting, disappointing Malone and Payton, and that ultra-weak bench.The Pistons, although they didn't have any superstar, had all the guys listed in an earlier post, and either Billups or Hamilton would take over at the end of games, so they had two go-to guys who split the load.This year, Detroit is built the same way, only their bench is a little thinner than last. But there's a reason why they're back to the finals.San Antonio again is deep, with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Barry, Bowen (the actual best defensive player in basketball, sorry B-Wallace fans), Mohammed, and of course, Robert Horry.Let's face it- Robert Horry is like Nate Dogg. Every song he lends his voice to is a hit. Robert Horry is the same way.Rested Spurs over scrappy Pistons in 6.ps. sorry for the ultra-long post. I just wanted to throw out a few examples, but they just kept on coming out. And the Robert Horry thing, well I just kept typing his name so I felt obligated to point him out...and find a way to work in the Nate Dogg joke.

Yes, at his overripe age and while injured, Shaq is a 20/10 player. In his prime, he was a 29/13 player on almost 60% shooting. But hardaway was totally the best player on that team :-PAnd Kobe's supporting cast this year was underrated. Shaq, Odom, Grant, Atkins and Butler would have made the playoffs.
Brilliant. Name the last NBA superstar to win a title without a star player helping him. Take your time.I can name one pretty quick............Ben Wallace. Rip, Chauncey, and Sheed are no superstars...Just good, solid players.
Ben Wallace was the sixth best Detroit player in this series.NOT a superstar.