• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But at the same time, I would never go on a public forum and say he's an @ss if I've only seen him for 10 minutes on TV.
... where did I say anything about his personality ? Anyway...you can try and blame editing all you want...or try and prentend he is a great "family man" who leaves the wife and kids at home for weeks at a time instead of bringing them like Michael Mizrachi....or try and pretend his inflated ego is "normal"...but that don't make it true.
I didn't think anyone could contradict themselves as well as you did in the same post. Congratulations douchebag.
Learn to read asswipe.

If you Josh lovers want to continue spreading the love. Fine. But let's be friggin honest. Josh won a Limit bracelet at the 1999 WSOP and he got a 2nd a year later. My point is that he is well acquainted with high stakes and high pressure poker. He is a young man by most standards, but 29 and now probably 30 is plenty old enough to behave correctly. He was playing with PLENTY of players far younger than himself who comported themselves in fine fashion. David Williams, John (stupidly late) Murphy, and the young teacher who I believe busted out in 4th just to name a few. Each of those players were light years behind in experience playing with that kind of pressure. So ease up with the "how would YOU act in that situation" crap? I would hope that I might act like the previously mentioned players.

But at the same time, I would never go on a public forum and say he's an @ss if I've only seen him for 10 minutes on TV.
... where did I say anything about his personality ? Anyway...you can try and blame editing all you want...or try and prentend he is a great "family man" who leaves the wife and kids at home for weeks at a time instead of bringing them like Michael Mizrachi....or try and pretend his inflated ego is "normal"...but that don't make it true.
I didn't think anyone could contradict themselves as well as you did in the same post. Congratulations douchebag.
Learn to read asswipe.
You doucheclown, talking about his ego and if he's a "family man" IS talking about his personality. How big of a moron are you that you can't figure that out?
But at the same time' date=' I would never go on a public forum and say he's an @ss if I've only seen him for 10 minutes on TV.[/quote']Since you choose to stick your nose in... where did I say anything about his personality ? Don't say it was posted by someone else...cause you choose to quote me. So where? Or stuff it. 1) "Certainly you cannot mean thru the persona he displays on his blog. " Umm... sorry, but I believe right there was something that you said indirectly citing his personality. Since you are among his handful of fans...I guess responding to the email isn't really much of a volume problem. :roll: 2) I can't say how many fans Josh has. I would imagine he's got quite a few. But I don't know. He still doesn't have to respond to a single E-mail if he doesn't want to. In any case, all I'm saying is that he was nice and thoughtful in his response and when I've talked with him on Bodog. He's a confident poker player, sure... but definitely not an egotistical guy like some folks are saying. Anyway...you can try and blame editing all you want...or try and prentend he is a great "family man" who leaves the wife and kids at home for weeks at a time instead of bringing them like Michael Mizrachi....or try and pretend his inflated ego is "normal"...but that don't make it true.3. I'm not blaming editing. I even said in an earlier post that even if everything he did on TV was all true, I wouldn't judge anybody from such a small perspective on the type of person they are. A lot of people say Miami John Cernuto is a super nice guy... though ya wouldn't know that from his WSOP performance either.And Arieh brought his wife to the New Orleans circuit a week ago, and the whole family to Vegas for this month for the WSOP. And what the heck that has anything to do with whether or not he's a good person is BEYOND ME... Anyway, this is really silly so I'm finished arguing with y'all. You are all entitled to your opinions, I was just sharing mine. :wink:
You doucheclown, talking about his ego and if he's a "family man" IS talking about his personality. How big of a moron are you that you can't figure that out?
DID...asswipe...DID. As in past tense...get it ?Nice selective quoting BTW...almost seems like you have something to say. By the way...FU very much.
sorry, but I believe right there was something that you said indirectly citing his personality.
Whether you believe I was " indirectly citing his personality" or not...thats a far cry from calling him an ass. Your belief is wrong anyway...I was not offering any editorial opinon at all...I was merely pointing out that his blog is his public persona and not exactly a way to "get to know him" like missidaho claimed to have done.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Let's be honest: He isn't a legend of poker, but he isn't anybody anyone on this site would like to find at their table in Main Event.He isn't a super classy guy, but he isn't a absolute jerk either. You gotta make up your mind for yourself. Would you act like that? Do you respect someone who would act like that? I would take the time to learn about him a little before judging off one taped poker event. I don't take his blog to heart either though.

Josh is in business. Did anyone miss that? The man is selling himself. He has a poker school and will teach individually. What kind of sorry ass businessman does not respond politely to emails and correspondence? That being said, he may very well be genuinely interested in his fans and cares to respond pleasantly. Who knows? But anything short of that would be stupid business.As an aside. Paul Phillips does respond to his fans and many times quite rudely. He has no interest in selling himself in any way and thus can afford to act in any way he sees fit.

I would take the time to learn about him a little before judging off one taped poker event.
:clap:
ditto.I'll be honest after first seeing the ESPN coverage I thought he was an a$$ too, but after reading his journal and corresponding with him for a while I couldn't help but like him. He reminds me of some of the guys I play poker with. He puts up with so much crap from people who judge him based on that one incident. Give him abreak. He made a mistake. Move on.......

Couldnt agree more. The guy openly admits that he cringes at his behaviour when watching the footage but I guarantee that every 1 of us has had a go at other players at tables, some worse than others but any of you that say you've never given anyone a bit of stick about there play is a LIAR.I've e-mailed him about 5 times and everytime I've got a response from him. He gains absolutely nothing from returning my emails not a thing but he does it and I respect him for it.Im just hoping he's proudly showing off a nice shiney bracelet come July.

josh is a down to earth guy away from the table it seems...he writes in a self depricating sense that allows us to see that...at the table , he can be arrogant, trash talking and a bit snotty, snooty , snooty<sorry ferris buller reference>but so was micheal jordan, dn, ivey..anybody that is in the top % of what they do has an ego...the guy is selling himself, nothing wrong with that...when paul phillips acts like he's the best , we laugh and say" well thats paul, yet we throw arieh under the tracks...last time i looked josh has a braclet and a final table at the wsop..not too shabby...you need to have an ego to make this work..if you dontt hink you are the best , nobody else will...

I get sick of people bashing Josh. He's a solid player. Period. Can he make another final table? Yes. Would that put him among the greats? Abso-freakin-lutely.When Harrington won it all in 1995, and this is not to diminish his accomplishment, there were 273 entries. Dan is one of the best tourney players in the world. His back-to-back final tables (3rd and 4th) with 839 and 2576 entries respectively is arguably the most amazing performace in WSOP history. If Josh makes a final table this year (and Harrington doesn't), that would be back-to-back top-10's with fields of 2576. and an estimated 6000 players. That would put him right up there with Action Dan, and could actually place him among the best players who never won a main event (DN, Scotty, Juanda, et al).As for his behavior last year on ESPN, Harry has already let his feelings be known: http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/v...=975&highlight=Let it die folks. Josh is a great player who got caught up in the moment on ESPN and the cameras caught it. It's not defense, it's reality.

Im sorry but I disagree with yall on him. Yes he is a decent player but he still doesnt know how to play very well. Since 1999 from his 1st tourn to his last of this year 05, He has only made $3,195,364. Thats not good for a pro. Not good at all. Yea he made 3rd is th WSOP for 2.5 MIllion but his next high win was only $280,000 or something like that. Most pros play that on a daily basis. HAHA. Like the other week when he was on the WPT against Daniel N. He tried to bluff when Daniel had a straight. HAHAHA, he does stupid crap and bluffs to much. HAHAHA. He is a prick like Helmuth. I like Helmuth as a player but not his attitude. Arieh is not at Hellmuths level but he thinks he is. Im sorry but people need to 2nd thought about him. Hes not a solid player either. He is to wild of one. Thats why he doesnt do well at all in tourn.Jack

Since 1999 from his 1st tourn to his last of this year 05, He has only made $3,195,364. Thats not good for a pro. Not good at all. Yea he made 3rd is th WSOP for 2.5 MIllion but his next high win was only $280,000 or something like that. Most pros play that on a daily basis. HAHA.  Jack
Um, you wouldn't know his real earnings because his and other pro's cash game earnings are not public knowledge. I'm not saying he's a top ten pro, but a couple final tables a year isn't too shaby.

Since I have actually MET Josh, I thought it might be worth adding my $0.02.I get how he annoys people. I certainly see how his table image grates on people, because he plays very brash, cocky, and aggressive. At times his sense of table ettiquette fades on him. He will tease a lot of people in ways that make them defensive, whether or not he knows them that well. (I was dealing at the table, and playing. I folded after a flop, he stared me down and said, "You're dealing, and playing. You saw a flop and you folded? Maybe you're not cheating..." It was obvious, to me, that this was all good-natured.) Okay, so I understand how people can look at him and not like him.Of course, I also saw him publically apologize to one girl he had offended, and then walk around the table to apologize to her privately (she had called his all-in with ace-high and he only had threes, which were good, and made a comment I can't recall about the wisdom of callign an all-in with ace high). I also saw him get abused nonstop in that really annoying white person way (yes, check my avatar, it is of my causcasian brethern that I speak). I saw thousands of violations of table ettitiquette by people that wanted to bust him out. And I never saw him lash out at them. I saw him doting on his wife. (Of course, a lot of people might point out that being nice to someone who looks like Angela Arieh isn't THAT exceptional, but when you're married, it's different. I'm married, and believe me, how a man treats his wife tells you a LOT.) I talked to him about the emails I ahd been pelting him with. I'm not claiming to be his best buddy, I've only met him once, but I was around him for a few hours, enough to know Arschloch/nicht Arschloch.Look, I get why people criticize him, I really do. But I have seen enough of him, and talked to him enough to know what kind of guy he is. And the truth is, he's a good guy. Yeah he's got faults, but most people on this forum who have been flaming him have shown bigger faults of their own.He's a good guy. Go find someone else. This is getting boring.

Just by watching some of the plays he made on the WSOP and USPC, you have to be genuinely impressed with his play. The hand with Layne Flack (USPC): Layne and Josh both have nothing, but Josh keeps calling Layne's bets. Flop: Layne bets with nothing, Josh calls with nothing. Turn: Layne bets with nothing, Josh calls with nothing. River: Layne bets with nothing, Josh raises with nothing and takes the pot. Pretty impressive play. Also, he laid down the flush to the full house, not as impressive IMO, but still a solid read and the correct play.He isn't a legend, but he is one hell of a tough player.