Fcp Summer 2016 Weight Loss Challenge

I said to myself this year I will but it will have to start on May 1st.

Damn just rememeber the Sportscard Expo, it will have to start May 7th.

Why is that? Some tempting food at expo?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opening weight: 194.8 week 1: 192.0 week 2: 188.2 week 3: 186.0 week 4: 184.2 week 5: 180.4 week 6: 176.8 week 7: 177.8 week 8: 174.6 week 9: n/a week 10: 173.4

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0 Week 8: 260.5 Week 9: 257.6

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0

Motivation is pretty key. For those that aren’t in the poker sphere there was a very interesting bet that just concluded.

Jamie Staples, who is a young PokerStars pro who streams low to mid stakes online and just won streamer of the year was involved in an epic bet. One year ago Bill Perkins who is a super rich businessman who also plays poker bet Jamie and his brother that they had to be within one pound of each other on a specific date and time one year away.

Jaime was 305 lbs and his brother was 135 lbs.

The bet was brothers put up $3000 at 50-1. So they win $150K.

They actually both ended up exactly at 188.3 lbs on Sunday the weigh in date. I have been following them all year and super happy for them. The debate was who has the harder end? Jaime lost over a 115 lbs but Matt went from 135 to 188 which some say is harder.

I look at him and am motivated. I have about 40 lbs to lose. If he can lose that much I’m sure I can finally drop this weight.

So let’s do it

The funny thing is the $150k is nothing compared to what the lifestyle and health is worth.

We all need that push.

Why is that? Some tempting food at expo?

April 30th tax deadline

May 1st to May 6th devote time for the Sportscard Expo

So on May 7th, I will start jogging and exercising more.

The funny thing is the $150k is nothing compared to what the lifestyle and health is worth.

We all need that push.

Yes Otto is pushing 240. He should join too.

Ill be in again, why not.

I've done a decent job lately not putting it back on this winter, even with the shoulder surgery killing all sports play. I wasn't even allowed to jog/run for 3 months, which ends next week.

Looking back at this thread is interesting, recalling what my past goals were VS what they are now.

I weigh the same as when this thread started 2 years ago :/

timing of this contest seems to be same as 2yrs ago, early April.

I'm actually about 20lbs lighter than then. But with Easter coming up,(going to Mtl)...maybe I can put the 20 back on on the weekend. Schwartz Deli in Montreal FTW!

• Like 1

ok, we've got 4 of us. Good enough for me. When do you guys want to start? How about Monday, April 9th? We can run it for 12 weeks/3 months and finish on Monday July 9th.

$20 a head? winner take all? winner is the person who loses the highest percentage of their body weight?

Let me know if this works for everyone or if you want changes. Also, if anyone else wants in, just say so before April 9th.

My timeframe is a little different. I already started 2 weeks ago and my diet will end when I arrive in Toronto June 7.

However I’m in for $20.

We could also start this Monday if that works better for everyone

I’m good for this Monday

I'm good with starting today.

Montreal was murder on healthy eating, and Whiskeys didn't help either I'm sure. I feel like I toured all the Scottish isles, but no complaints.

(Serge/Sev....one of my fav foods is the cheese+red pepper 'lahmacun' at Arouche in Montreal. I can eat a lot of those....and did)

I need to recover with some healthy eating this week.

Arp those sound delicious.

Ok bit embarrassing with the number but weighed in this morning at 236.1

I have a huge goal that coincides with my Toronto trip and the wedding in New York. The goal for me the day of my flight on June 7 is 199 lbs. it’s a bit aggressive but it’s doable. If I got down to 210. Still would be happy.

While this is a contest I think it’s good to share stuff and what we are doing. There are a 1000 ways to lose weight. We all know HOW to do it. Doing it and the first couple of weeks is the battle.

I have given up alcohol, soda ( this is a huge one) and will lower by carb intake. No fried foods and keep the sugar intake to a very minimum level.

Also the key for me is to walk 10000 steps a day.